LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Will he ever across the pond or is he content playing in the KHL?

“I think that there are two different paths†Gavrikov said of his career choices. “You can go there earlier and learn how to play high-level hockey. Or you can wait a bit and go there as a fully-developed player, who can step up and show everyone how good he is. I think that this second variant is closer to me.â€

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ossing-the-ocean-as-a-fully-developed-player/

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reading into those quotes I bet he won't come over until his mid 20's or around there. He doesn't seem interested in the AHL

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I can see the Jackets maybe having to trade his rights. He wouldn't come over unless there is a spot for him to play, and the Jackets are shaping up to have one of the deepest LHD pools.

He does look like an NHLer to my eye - hard to say without more than a few clips.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Please please please just put him on the bottom pair. He is 100 times the player Nutivaara is and once JJ is gone could be a top 4 guy here. Of we don't keep him will will beyond regret it.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Gavrikov might very well take Nutivaara's current place in the line-up next season. Might come as a surprise where Nutivaara is by that point...

Someone that's 100 times the player that Nutivaara is must be Doughty/Karlsson-esque :laugh:

Would have 500 points so far without powerplay minutes, in the third pairing, placing about 59th in all time defender scoring.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I put huge stock in it. He's already the 2nd best prospect on D under Werenski. P Carlsson is a little more raw from what i hear. And Nutivaara is currently showing how good Ryan Murray is by making the poor guy carry him on the bottom pair. If Gavrikov was on the team non of the mistakes of the Finnish wonder would have ever happened Gavrikov is to good with the puck to give it away pdirectly causing goals on multiple occasions.

Mark my words if we don't bring him over and let him go he will be the defensive version of panaran. He will come over as a FA and immediately establish himself as a top 5 shut down Man. Low point production but will stop so many goals it won't matter.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Nutivaara hasn't really been that bad and will only get better. He's a rookie FFS and despite what you think he's pretty good with the puck and is adjusting to the speed and power of the NHL. Gavrikov will have to adjust as well and his puck skills have never been talked about like Nutivaara's. I like him as a prospect, but Gavrikov has never stepped foot on NA ice. The way our team is built, Nuti is a good fit because he transitions the puck well and is a great skater. While I don't think these are huge weaknesses in Gavrikov's game, they aren't his biggest assets.

I'm also confused at how you can compare a defensive defenseman to Artemi Panarin. Because they're both Russian? Nothing that Gavrikov will do will earn him the same hype pre-nhl as Panarin.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Entirely agree with Saad Panda. Not sure what you're seeing in Nuti, MikeyP but I'm not seeing it at all. Nuti has exceeded my expectations at this point. I'm a fan.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
218lbs on skates now. Ice time increasing. Not much scoring though. About to embark on the playoff run with Lokomotv. I guess it will be a good eye test.

Russian players sure put on weight easy after a certain age, especially the D. Must be some good food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad