LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We are trying hard to get him on the team next year. GMJK is going to meet with him to discuss. He either wants to stay in the KHL 2 years to play in the Olympics or he wants to come over and make sure he is on the main roster. He has shown over there and in this tourney he is a NHL quality shut down player. Based on my viewings he is the best pure defense on the team. Other guys are more well rounded and have better offense but Gav is clearly the highest IQ guy out there from what I've seen.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Finished the tournament with +9 and was probably the best defenseman on Team Russia in his own end. When he comes to the NHL, he will be like Zaitsev, another instant top4 defenseman.

He isn't as good as Zaitsev offensively, but probably as good, if not better defensively, and he's just 21.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I wouldn't give up on his offensive game yet either. He shows flashes there.

His role with Loko has been stay-at-home so far, but it might expand.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I wouldn't give up on his offensive game yet either. He shows flashes there.

His role with Loko has been stay-at-home so far, but it might expand.

I think that he hardly will ever have a significant output, either in the KHL or in the NHL. It's just his style. He doesn't have much of a shooting ability, doesn't have a fast-enough release, when he scores it's mostly one-timers or snaps. He also plays it simple, so he's unlikely to get many assists. But it's fine, not all dmen are Kirill Koltsov and teams need defensive guys too.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
they will bury him in the ahl. that won't be a good decision.

You think anything a Russian does that isnt in the KHL is a bad decision. Have you even ever heard Jarmo talk about Gavrikov? Hes already in love with him and Im sure Torts will love a defensive beast that is huge and works hard.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He's not wrong. Players who cross the pond early have a very high fail-to-success ratio.

He has 2 years and part of another of experience in the KHL, thats more then a lot of young guys. Hes physically ready, he has the defensive ability and awareness so really all thats left is getting to know the game on smaller ice at this point. Sometimes players bust, occasionally it can be mismanagement or sometimes its a players fault like Filatov. Happens to players from all countries so its not just as simple to assume if more time was spent in the KHL they will have guarenteed success over here. Gotta be patient and show maturity sometimes but Columbus played a 20 year old and a 22 year old in playoff games this season, oh and a 19 year old on its top pair. This is not a team scared to dress young guys if they show the ability to handle themselves

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
they will bury him in the ahl. that won't be a good decision.

It's not like he's 18 years old though, I don't see this as being so horrible, he might even be able to beat out Nutivaara for a spot.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Jarmo has said since the end of the year interview he thinks he is NHL ready. If JJ gets drafted in expansion or Murray gets traded for a forward Gav likely plays bottom pair This year...

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Take him to Lindsey's and order him Tornedos of Beef and he will sign.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Gavrikov's KHL rights were traded to SKA St. Petersburg and he signed a 2 year deal with them.

SKA paid 2 million USD to Lokomotiv. NHL clubs pay 200 000 USD for much better Europeans. Sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad