LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Thought he showed well at the tourney for sure. You can tell that points scouting has people luke warm on him, because everything else I noticed about how he actually plays the game was definitely on par with top prospects in his age group - maybe even more polished overall (certainly defensively) than most.

loko_gavrikov_14-15_ep.jpg

Born: 1995-11-21, Yaroslavl, Russia | 6'2" / 205 lbs

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=165015

(Thanks Jawanda ;) )

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I didnt watch too much of him but how did he win Dman of the tourney? was he that good?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If this guy played for Canada or US they would rave about his leadership qualities. One tough mofo and played his heart out

I am not sure his skillset or lack of foot speed will leave him where he is. Very good along the boards and shot blocking

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Gavrikov will never get a lot of points, but he takes charge in the d-zone. Great leader, gritty, PK monster.

Reminds me a lot of a better version of Dmitry Yushkevich if anybody remembers him.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Gavrikov will never get a lot of points, but he takes charge in the d-zone. Great leader, gritty, PK monster.

Reminds me a lot of a better version of Dmitry Yushkevich if anybody remembers him.

He does remind me of a bit of Yusky but Yusky had a lot of offense in his game. At least the early years with Philly

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
If this guy played for Canada or US they would rave about his leadership qualities. One tough mofo and played his heart out

I am not sure his skillset or lack of foot speed will leave him where he is. Very good along the boards and shot blocking

He seems like a very NHL/north american pro style of player

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Yushekevich was a warrior and Gavrikov is one too. Whoever drafts him will be happy. I'm hoping it's Philly.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'm hopeful he is in a position to come to rookie camp for the CBJ. Does anyone know if his contact had an out clause for the NHL? I'm glad Columbus didn't shy away from him. Tyutin could be a great mentor and ultimately replaced by Gavrikov.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country

Speaking of Yushkevich, is his son any good and/or anything like his father? I gather by his stat line for Karpat, not really, but that can be misleading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad