Value of: LD Ryan Lindgren

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Don’t see how moving a young, effective and cost controlled dman helps this team.

Please. No more proposals from you. 🤦🏻‍♂️
That is ridiculous you’re telling me if the devils offered Jack Hughes for Trochek and Lindgren that wouldn’t help the rangers?

• Haha
Reactions: TGWL

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Are Rangers fans always this manic? They're 2 points out of a playoff spot with teams like Detroit ahead of them. With no one that's any good that's pushing. Why would you trade a player like Lindgren.... who is a perfect partner for their best player. There is 60 games left. Relax.

That is ridiculous you’re telling me if the devils offered Jack Hughes for Trochek and Lindgren that wouldn’t help the rangers?
There is no reality this happens. So why even suggest it?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Of course it would, but I think we are entertaining realistic offers. A realistic offer of a late 1st and a B prospect isn’t worth moving Lindgren for. Sure, if Edmonton offers McDavid or Drai for Lindgren then it’s a done deal, but we know that isn’t happening. NJ isn’t offering up Hughes so the point is moot.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Of course it would, but I think we are entertaining realistic offers. A realistic offer of a late 1st and a B prospect isn’t worth moving Lindgren for. Sure, if Edmonton offers McDavid or Drai for Lindgren then it’s a done deal, but we know that isn’t happening. NJ isn’t offering up Hughes so the point is moot.
Maybe a team needs Lindgren more then the rangers do

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Maybe a team needs Lindgren more then the rangers do
Doubtful considering the youth on their defense and Lindgren being on the 1st pair. I’m not saying he’s untouchable, but he is untouchable based on what a ‘fair’ or ‘realistic’ offer would look like. If some team wants to vastly overpay then sure - I’d listen, but that’s doubtful. The Rangers need another Lindgren… not to trade the one they already have for what would probably be similar to a Muzzin trade.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Lindgren isn’t a 1D, but he’s the type of player you could slot into any D pair in the league and make his partner look better. He’s mostly a defensive Dman, but he’s not some pylon. He can skate, move the puck, and is happy to get his nose dirty. Were the Rangers to move him, they’d get a quite nice return.

Realistically the teams that would value him the most besides the Rangers are those with a young, offense tilted 1RD. But those teams might not be looking to pay the price it’d take to get him

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1. think we can get slightly better, but ok if not quibbling
2. regardless, your perspective is in a vacuum
cap is real
NYR fans should not want to deal Lindy just because...
they should realize that due to earlier moves, there is no short term option to squeeze cap to preserve our core EXCEPT to do this

you are not giving Lindy the bum's rush
you are creating an opportunity to long term KAM for least by doing it earlier while scraping enuf for KK, LaF, Chytil etc

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Without him Rangers defense is not as good. As a Rangers fan it starts with 1st round pick, top 6 forward and top C prospect to start talks. would need overpayment. he is too important to the Rangers. Fox is better with Lindgren than without. Lindgren is a warrior.

As a Rangers fan, I can assure you this is not the asking price. If we traded him he’s private fetch a 1st and maybe a B prospect.

• Wow
Reactions: RangersFan1994

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
We happen to have Robertson, who will show growing pains.
I don't effin care
This is the price we are paying w/indiscriminate nmcs
and for overpaying Trouba + bread
If we don't deal Lindy, it will EVENTUALLY become problematic to extend KAM and then the rest of the young core. Selling high on Lindy now gives chance to do KAM earlier, for a bit less.

We have to stop playing vets vets vets and then coaches do not play youth late in season/POs

immediately no
around the corner, yes
cap needed for keeping younger core
Lindy isn't old but Robertson has elcs, critical atm

Not if you get value back when you sell high
and you DO sell high to control the cap, not let it control you

With a projected 86.5 cap hit and underperforming young players, the Rangers will not have a cap crunch.

Also, stop calling the young players the young core. None of those young players are deserving of core status right now except Fox. It’s a damn development disaster.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
As a Rangers fan, I can assure you this is not the asking price. If we traded him he’s private fetch a 1st and maybe a B prospect.
I would not deal him at that price. Not enough LD depth and too important to this team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With a projected 86.5 cap hit and underperforming young players, the Rangers will not have a cap crunch.

Also, stop calling the young players the young core. None of those young players are deserving of core status right now except Fox. It’s a damn development disaster.
I call them as I damn well see fit
Tell it like it is, let your conscience be your guide.

As to yr assessment, it's more wrong than right
Kakko - solid and emerging
KAM - keeper w/star upside
LaF - not yet superstar but we see the talent, not pleased w/his first 2 years, but his skating WAS subpar; it is not any longer [tho room for further improvement]

Krav - not gonna extensive repeat myself
Was not provided any real opportunity until past training camp
Need to move Vesey give VK mins

you want instant gratification
last yr was a sugar high which was stupid b'c we traded knowing we were not keeping the guys we dealt for

take a chill pill
people wanted to move Kreider way back when, I said no and I was right
some still want to move CK now, b'c thought last yr was aberration
I said no, and am still right [we are now ballpark quarter of a season, he has 11 goals]

people wanted to move Chytil until end of last season/POs
I said no, and I was right.

some wanna give Krav away, and I again say no, eff Drury give VK mins.
There's no getting around we are gonna have to pay for not giving him development minutes til now, but do it and we will best served as opposed to losing huge value

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I call them as I damn well see fit
Tell it like it is, let your conscience be your guide.

As to yr assessment, it's more wrong than right
Kakko - solid and emerging
KAM - keeper w/star upside
LaF - not yet superstar but we see the talent, not pleased w/his first 2 years, but his skating WAS subpar; it is not any longer [tho room for further improvement]

Krav - not gonna extensive repeat myself
Was not provided any real opportunity until past training camp
Need to move Vesey give VK mins

you want instant gratification
last yr was a sugar high which was stupid b'c we traded knowing we were not keeping the guys we dealt for

take a chill pill
people wanted to move Kreider way back when, I said no and I was right
some still want to move CK now, b'c thought last yr was aberration
I said no, and am still right [we are now ballpark quarter of a season, he has 11 goals]

people wanted to move Chytil until end of last season/POs
I said no, and I was right.

some wanna give Krav away, and I again say no, eff Drury give VK mins.
There's no getting around we are gonna have to pay for not giving him development minutes til now, but do it and we will best served as opposed to losing huge value

I watch every game, every minute. Just like you.

Kakko - Year 4. On pace for 27 points. Does everything well except PRODUCE. How is that “solid”?
Miller - Year 3. Huge regression from last year. Defensive liability right now. Contributing almost nothing offensively.
Laf - Year 3. I’m not seeing the talent. This is not my opinion, it’s the general consensus among Rangers fans right now.

For the record, I agreed with you on keeping Kreider, keeping Chytil, waiting for the right Nils deal, etc.

I just don’t see how you can call 3 players who are in years 3-4 pacing a combined 85 points your definitive young core. We all want it to work out that way but it’s trending disaster.

Reactions: Maliks PlusMinus

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Lindgren is worth a lot more than everyone thinks. His lack of offense hurts his value, but his impact is on defense. The Rangers are a better team with him in the lineup, and the record with him versus without him reflects that.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I watch every game, every minute. Just like you.

Kakko - Year 4. On pace for 27 points. Does everything well except PRODUCE. How is that “solid”?
Miller - Year 3. Huge regression from last year. Defensive liability right now. Contributing almost nothing offensively.
Laf - Year 3. I’m not seeing the talent. This is not my opinion, it’s the general consensus among Rangers fans right now.

For the record, I agreed with you on keeping Kreider, keeping Chytil, waiting for the right Nils deal, etc.

I just don’t see how you can call 3 players who are in years 3-4 pacing a combined 85 points your definitive young core. We all want it to work out that way but it’s trending disaster.
Appreciate the feedback.
It is a matter of potential v instant gratification, imo

e.g. LaF, now year 3
1st yr + a half putrid
could not skate well enuf
know who else was like that ?
LeoDrai
except he only took 4ish months to figure it out/adjust
OK, but point remains.
Once he physically developed so his skating was at least par, his results improved dramatically

But that is only part of the equation
I have proffered often
one scenario that works is a line where you have
driver of play + facilitator + finisher [scorer/sniper]

LaF/Kakko eventually yes, now can't do it all
need to be on correct lines
stop w/effin too much vets
accept growing pains
let these guys acquire CHEMISTRY first, hopefully SYNERGY

Devils sucked ass for quite a while, they paid their dues, have gotten lucky but mostly earned current success.

bOS + TB have stable lineups = extensive/max chemistry

Rangers will not enjoy that until Drury listens to me

Acquiring the added firepower last year was STUPID b'c we did not/could not keep what we paid for. If we kept those assets, then you could argue there is benefit to experience retained. Yes, the rest of the squad got experience but no, would have been better, OBV, to tell bread get real, ditch Strome, and have Krav ready and contributing as early as last year. This brain dead thought that we play an injured Strome [actually, any Strome, he was overrated] ahead of Kakko was beyond stupid.

Eff win now
yield to bernmeister
accept growing pains but develop ongoing results

=========
I disagree on KAM.
Some missteps, yes but let's not overreact.

JONES is the weak link here
Jones is not poor man's, but destitute man's, Fox
That still has decent upside for a good NHL career
but it is not a fit in NY where we have real deal actual Fox

We need picks not adding cap next year or 2 until we can repurpose Trouba
keep our young core
then we can replenish more prospects on the good supply we have

We have Scanlin who is getting needed mins and will be our answer to LD next year
Skinner I want here sooner than later as a reserve D who can also play W.
Those 2 adding tuffnness, our D will be fine.

Othmann will be here next year
Need to ditch Vesey, maybe Carpenter
get the lines familiar and stabiized

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1. think we can get slightly better, but ok if not quibbling
2. regardless, your perspective is in a vacuum
cap is real
NYR fans should not want to deal Lindy just because...
they should realize that due to earlier moves, there is no short term option to squeeze cap to preserve our core EXCEPT to do this

you are not giving Lindy the bum's rush
you are creating an opportunity to long term KAM for least by doing it earlier while scraping enuf for KK, LaF, Chytil etc
But right now Lindgren is 3x the player Miller is. And only 2 years apart in age. Lindgren should not be the expendable player to get quick start on whatever contract Miller will want long term. We'll deal with those situations when they come.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
But right now Lindgren is 3x the player Miller is. And only 2 years apart in age. Lindgren should not be the expendable player to get quick start on whatever contract Miller will want long term. We'll deal with those situations when they come.
I appreciate your point, but by waiting KAM will cost more, in cap tight situation possibly not able to afford any more.
Try not to personalize the asset
Look at it as cold hard biz

Dealing "with those situations when they come" is not an option if we want to get ahead of the curve and dictate our future, not let it be dicatated to us

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Without him Rangers defense is not as good. As a Rangers fan it starts with 1st round pick, top 6 forward and top C prospect to start talks. would need overpayment. he is too important to the Rangers. Fox is better with Lindgren than without. Lindgren is a warrior.
:laugh: 1st round pick, top 6 forward and top C prospect to start talks. I thought we were talking about Lindgren?

Last edited:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Are Rangers fans always this manic? They're 2 points out of a playoff spot with teams like Detroit ahead of them. With no one that's any good that's pushing. Why would you trade a player like Lindgren.... who is a perfect partner for their best player. There is 60 games left. Relax.

There is no reality this happens. So why even suggest it?
The ones that don’t come from the office for 2 periods? Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad