Value of: LD Ryan Lindgren

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If we trade Lindgren, who are we replacing him with? Any league min player is going to be a shit show in his place and with a difference of 2 million cap, that screams disaster. How noticeable is it without him in the lineup? When he gets injured our entire fanbase knows this is bad news for the team even when it only last a period.

Wow, so if the Rangers were trading for him it would be your first, Trochek and Othmann? Ok sure!
Othmann isn't a C prospect. You were almost there. Almost...

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
There’s a big difference between playing on the top line and BEING a atop line player

He’s not a #1

There's also a big difference between being a #1 defenseman and a capable top-pairing complimentary dman which Lindgren is/can be on other teams as well.

Reactions: bernmeister

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
They will wait until Kravtsov quits again and trade for a 7th

Lindgren is not an issue. Rather move some other gross contracts.
Every team wants to move their gross contracts until they see the cost to do so. Or the gross contracts they must acquire in return.

I really can’t recall the last awful contract that was traded for any sort of positive value. Nothing post Covid I can recall.

And Look how badly the OEL trade is turning out for Vancouver.

Lots of hopeful fan OPs of their team dumping bad contracts at HFs but those are such time sucks. Those trades aren’t moving league wide. You just gotta live with your team’s bad contracts. Fact of life in the NHL post Covid and in a flat cap world. Or pay the price in picks to dump a Marleu type deal. Which, FYI, cost Toronto Seth Jarvis.

But they made up for it by fleecing Pitt with Kapanen.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As a king fan who thinks the kings defense could use some size I would be interested however i doubt king and ranger fans would agree on a price
been down this road with some of your board
the most vocal exactly want Lindgren, but w/mo size.
CF lists Lindy at 6'0 he is 190 lbs solid muscle
some were adamant not enuf, must be at least 6'2

price is also a ?
NY would want top $ of competitive bidding which IMO = equiv of like 22, 23OA

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I’d take him back.. tho I wasn’t to happy about trading him in the first place, he’s a great match for an offensive defender and he represents the “hard nose” defender perfectly.

Doubt NYR trades him for the value he deserves to them and a few other teams that would really want him I don’t think they’d want to pay that price but hey maybe..

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
Nice to see ya pay attention.
Actually a case can be made that ROUGHLY at present, adjusting that NY has to b'c a bit less cost control, Broberg and Kravtsov have comparables.

Lindgren value will be established by competitive bidding, open market
wait you took that as a compliment?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If we trade Lindgren, who are we replacing him with? Any league min player is going to be a shit show in his place and with a difference of 2 million cap, that screams disaster. How noticeable is it without him in the lineup? When he gets injured our entire fanbase knows this is bad news for the team even when it only last a period.
We happen to have Robertson, who will show growing pains.
I don't effin care
This is the price we are paying w/indiscriminate nmcs
and for overpaying Trouba + bread
If we don't deal Lindy, it will EVENTUALLY become problematic to extend KAM and then the rest of the young core. Selling high on Lindy now gives chance to do KAM earlier, for a bit less.

We have to stop playing vets vets vets and then coaches do not play youth late in season/POs

No reason for the rangers to trade lindgren.
immediately no
around the corner, yes
cap needed for keeping younger core
Lindy isn't old but Robertson has elcs, critical atm

trading away players, who outperform their contracts, is a very underrated way to improve your team.
Not if you get value back when you sell high
and you DO sell high to control the cap, not let it control you

Reactions: egelband

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
We happen to have Robertson, who will show growing pains.
I don't effin care
This is the price we are paying w/indiscriminate nmcs
and for overpaying Trouba + bread
If we don't deal Lindy, it will EVENTUALLY become problematic to extend KAM and then the rest of the young core. Selling high on Lindy now gives chance to do KAM earlier, for a bit less.

We have to stop playing vets vets vets and then coaches do not play youth late in season/POs

immediately no
around the corner, yes
cap needed for keeping younger core
Lindy isn't old but Robertson has elcs, critical atm

Not if you get value back when you sell high
and you DO sell high to control the cap, not let it control you
Sorry you don’t trade lindgren right now. He plays on the top pair. To expect a rookie in Robertson to come in and perform with growing pains or not is just not happening.
Your teams time is now whether you like it or not. It’s not a perpetual retool.

Lindgren/Fox
Miller/Trouba

That’s a top 4 most teams dream of.

Robertson/Jones/Schneider are good young players to fill in bottom pair until they are ready to take a step up. Which for young dmen can take a while.

Reactions: bert and Stealth JD

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
He's the type of D the Sabres should want to pair Power with and the Sabres have plenty to offer in trade. I don't see why NYR would move him though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sorry you don’t trade lindgren right now. He plays on the top pair. To expect a rookie in Robertson to come in and perform with growing pains or not is just not happening.
Your teams time is now whether you like it or not. It’s not a perpetual retool.

Lindgren/Fox
Miller/Trouba

That’s a top 4 most teams dream of.

Robertson/Jones/Schneider are good young players to fill in bottom pair until they are ready to take a step up. Which for young dmen can take a while.
Whether anybody else likes it or not MATH says best chance to
win
win multiple cups
is do it my way

Your posture ignores reality that sacrifices have to be made to remain young core.
Better to get futures sell high on Lindy squeeze enuf cap
AND give Robbie those mins NOW

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
win
win multiple cups
is do it my way

Your posture ignores reality that sacrifices have to be made to remain young core.
Win one before worrying about winning multiple this isn’t nhl 23’ on the Xbox

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Why in hell would we do this?
He isn’t expensive, never lets us down and makes Fox miles better than when he plays with someone else. We tend to be rotten when he is missing.
I usually hate when people say players are more valuable to their current team than they would be to anyone else, but in this case it is totally true. I would expect Lindgren to be a good second pairing guy for most teams, but because of what he brings that we lack and what Fox lacks he is extremely valuable for us.
One of the last people we need to lose.

Reactions: pld459666

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
win
win multiple cups
is do it my way

This sort of logic would have seen us move Mika for oh, I don’t know, Boo Nieves to get in the line-up more.

We have had futures on futures on futures. You know what I prefer? Good players.

Math prefers them too

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad