Value of: LD Ryan Lindgren

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What would you offer for Lindgren? Top-pair LD. Doesn't add much offense, but he's exceptionally tough and great in his own end. True heart and soul guy.

Without him Rangers defense is not as good. As a Rangers fan it starts with 1st round pick, top 6 forward and top C prospect to start talks. would need overpayment. he is too important to the Rangers. Fox is better with Lindgren than without. Lindgren is a warrior.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Without him Rangers defense is not as good. As a Rangers fan it starts with 1st round pick and top C prospect to start.he is too important to the Rangers. Fox is better with Lindgren than without. Lindgren is a warrior.

Gotta think of selling, dude. This season is swirling around the porcelain throne. Lindgren is one of our easier to trade assets since his contract is reasonable and he doesn’t have a NMC (I don’t think).

But knowing Drury, he’ll probably just accept a fourth rounder for Lindgren.

Reactions: AirGut

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Gotta think of selling, dude. This season is swirling around the porcelain throne. Lindgren is one of our easier to trade assets since his contract is reasonable and he doesn’t have a NMC (I don’t think).

They will wait until Kravtsov quits again and trade for a 7th

You went full burn
Lindgren is not an issue. Rather move some other gross contracts.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Without him Rangers defense is not as good. As a Rangers fan it starts with 1st round pick, top 6 forward and top C prospect to start talks. would need overpayment. he is too important to the Rangers. Fox is better with Lindgren than without. Lindgren is a warrior.

Dear god man, you've lost your mind.

Lindgren is no Andy Wang.

Last edited:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Wow, so if the Rangers were trading for him it would be your first, Trochek and Othmann? Ok sure!

Reactions: Glorydays22

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Rangers might get a small overpayment for Lindgren from a contender at the deadline but what you expect is just unreasonable . A top six forward or a top center prospect might already be overpayments Individually depending on the player involved .

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
He would be a perfect #2LD for Edmonton. I really doubt we can aquire him, assuming the rangers organization wouldnt trade him - but Oilers would definitely pay up.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1. OP went way overboard, if we take him verbatim
2. massive overpayment is a no, some level of overpayment is likely to be seen esp if there is competitive bidding, which there would be.
Howev, it is more accurate to say that Lindgren would command top $.
3. Rangers reluctantly deal Lindy b'c they need to squeeze every nickel of cap to keep the young core and their hands are tied 2 more seasons before Trouba and then 2 more seasons after that before we ditch Panarin

Those who insist on win now can continue til the proverbial cows come home, but I am not backing down, I am correct on this pt.
Vatrano was more than worth a 4th, but stupidly was not extended.
Copp was a stupid, feel good, sugar high splurge -- less for the 1st + it cost, but b'c he was also a rental.
NY has to stop shooting itself by playing the likes of Strome and Rooney over Kravtsov.

Vesey has done NOTHING
Deal Vesey, play Kravtsov and not 4th line either

As to Lindy, reluctantly sell high and get Robertson, who has played with Schneider, up here.
I don't care about the effin growin pains that is the cost of business.

You know who beats NYR lately? Boston Bruins. Who plays us tough? NY Islanders.
What do those have in common? Regular lines w/minimum changing as opposed to NYR constant effin jugglin.
Devs got us tonight. I heard somewhere in the 2nd period 15 games or 19 or whatever games, same thing, same lineup.

I was right to insist on keeping Chytil
I was right about not underselling Nils L
And I will likely be right that they better listen to me IMMEDIATELY or Krav will be a self fulfilling prophecy of their own making, which considering the team works for the fans, including me, and squandering a 9OA selection like this is unforgivable, they can bite my ass.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Even Bern would only ask for Broberg. Even he wouldn't suggest adding a 1st and top 6 forward. That guys ask was about as laughable as anything I've seen on here.
Nice to see ya pay attention.
Actually a case can be made that ROUGHLY at present, adjusting that NY has to b'c a bit less cost control, Broberg and Kravtsov have comparables.

Lindgren value will be established by competitive bidding, open market

Reactions: egelband

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
As a king fan who thinks the kings defense could use some size I would be interested however i doubt king and ranger fans would agree on a price

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Lindgren is awesome, NYR should keep him. But, you really want to trade that bum K’Andre Miller to STL. :naughty:

Blues fans get to enjoy a LD depth of Nick Leddy, Torrey Krug, Marco Scandella (hurt), Scott Perunovich (hurt), Niko Mikkola (inconsistent) and Calle Rosen (folk-hero/savior). Either guy from NYR would be nice…but you should really think of Fox and keep RL and sell KAM. :D

Reactions: egelband

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

Lindgren is one of the last pieces I’d sell. He’s young, he’s probably the only guy on the team who actually should be wearing a letter, his next contract shouldn’t be much of a raise on his current contract and he’s a great match with Fox, who is virtually the only other guy earning his paycheck right now. The list of players I would consider moving before Lindgren includes 13-14 forwards, 3 defenders and 1 of the goalies.

Not because Lindgren is more valuable or better than all of them but because there’s no real point in moving him. We’d just be worse and softer with less of any semblance of leadership.

Zibanejad
Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
Shesterkin

Are probably the only guys I really wouldn’t be open to moving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad