LD Ryan Lindgren (2016, 49th, BOS; traded to NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fits perfectly with Fox too and whether coincidence or not since he got called up Fox has even been better.
I'm enjoying his progression. You could tell even in the preseason the guy brought intensity to games that most of the other players didn't. Plays bigger than his size and moves really well in his zone and no reason he can't hit 25-30 points.

It’d be asking a lot, but if he can be a left-handed Girardi, that’d be huge for the organization.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Easily the most improved player on the Rangers this season. Lindgren is a beast. Lockdown defensive player who’ll also dive in front of any puck and he’s more capable moving pucks and contributing to the offensive possession play. He’s elevated his ceiling.

Ya he has been very noticeable in the games I've watched.. I love seeing that it is FINALLY the season of the rookie dmen this year.. my god this is an impressive bunch league wide

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
God its so nice looking out there and seeing 55 on the left side there instead of 18. And he's getting good, tough minutes along with Fox, happy to see that from the coaches.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
He’s been more than a pleasant surprise, I like that he’s added some skill in the offseason. Isn’t just that guy that’s chipping it out like we saw from Pionk. I bet he was targeted due to his Fox connection, and even better that he’s grown from the player he was in college. To me he’s been much more impressive from Hajek, and expect him to continue to round out his game. Like him a lot.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it's more than realistic.

If it is, he should be in Calder conversation. Girardi was really good at his best. He got Norris votes, and was the premier shutdown defensemen in the NHL at one point. It's asking a lot for anyone to be that good, let alone a guy most pegged as a likely bottom pairing defensemen. It's not asking that much to expect Lindgren to be top 4 with his improvements.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's solidified a role on our blue-line this season. He pairs extremely well with Fox, but he's done an excellent job for a rookie. What's most impressive is that he's improved his puck game a lot. Prior to this season, that was the questionable part of his game. Everyone knew he could defend, dive in front of pucks, battle in front of the net and in the corners, but whether he'd be able to move the puck adequately was the question. He improved a lot in that area, and now isn't a liability there. He's never going to be much of an offensive guy, but he can skate the puck out of the zone, make passes that exit the zone, and occasionally contribute to the play in the offensive zone. And he's come as advertised away from the puck.

Reactions: bl02

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's solidified a role on our blue-line this season. He pairs extremely well with Fox, but he's done an excellent job for a rookie. What's most impressive is that he's improved his puck game a lot. Prior to this season, that was the questionable part of his game. Everyone knew he could defend, dive in front of pucks, battle in front of the net and in the corners, but whether he'd be able to move the puck adequately was the question. He improved a lot in that area, and now isn't a liability there. He's never going to be much of an offensive guy, but he can skate the puck out of the zone, make passes that exit the zone, and occasionally contribute to the play in the offensive zone. And he's come as advertised away from the puck.

Just another impressive rookie dman in the NHL this year. Love seeing this rare situation of majority of top rookies this season being dmen around the league

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Glad he's working out so far. At one point in time, I thought he had the best chance out of any of the Bruins prospects to be lining up next to McAvoy on our top pair. He may not have the puck skills of a traditional top pairing dman, but I liked his wheels, smarts, and moxy. Nice prospect.
Thankfully the Bruins were/are pretty stacked when they made the Nash trade. I would have a guy like Lindgren play on my team any day of the week. The fact he has history and gels with Fox is icing the cake.
Guy is barely 6 foot but plays mean and nasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad