LD Ryan Lindgren (2016, 49th, BOS; traded to NYR)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Welcome to the Bruins! We're all pretty happy with him and excited to see what sort of future he has.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
This kid looks great from this video could be a real sleeper pick. Flip him with the Bruins 2nd pick and the top 3 looks solid. Button really likes his game he is #18 captain and has been captain for a lot of his teams

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
He broke his fibula over the weekend crashing into the boards against Michigan State. Tough break, he's had a great freshman season.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He broke his fibula over the weekend crashing into the boards against Michigan State. Tough break, he's had a great freshman season.

Big fan of this kid and there's a lot more on the Bruins board. We're all hoping he recovers soon . I think his style, skating, and smarts are all a perfect fit to be paired up with another one of our blueline prospects, Charlie McAvoy.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Big fan of this kid and there's a lot more on the Bruins board. We're all hoping he recovers soon . I think his style, skating, and smarts are all a perfect fit to be paired up with another one of our blueline prospects, Charlie McAvoy.

Gopher fans love him, he'll be a captain by the time he's a junior if he sticks around that long.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He takes a lot of bone headed penalties and hasn't taken a huge step this year. He should not leave school yet but maybe after next season.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Andy Ference on the low end. A mini-Jacob Trouba on the top end.

Had leadership qualities in spades. He is also REALLY good at pinching and walking the blue line. His NCAA stats are not that impressive, but unlike Brandon Carlo, who I think is pretty limited in terms of offensive upside, I think Lindgren was a lot of untapped potential. His injury at the end of his freshman year no doubt stalled his development, but I think there is little doubt he will be an NHL player at some point and likely one the Rangers can build around.

Bruins felt OK moving him (rather than Zboril, Lauzon, Frederic or Ryan Donato) because Lindgren is several years away. Not because he does not have a promising NHL future.

Rangers got a good player, but fans should be prepared to wait a while.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can a moderator please change the title to include his new team?

He signed an AHL ATO, and has 1G,1A in his first two matches.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Finally getting his shot, that Nash trade was amazing for us. I’ve always liked Lindgren and was actually hoping we got him when Nash to the Bruins was initially being speculated. He’s a physical defensive dman who can skate well

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Interesting that he got the nod over Crawley.

Hopefully he can play well for the time being, and they'll send Smith to the minors to start next season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What are the chances he cracks NYR lineup? I realize the GM has some cleaning up to do on the back end with some of the horrendous contracts but is there anyway he makes the team? Or is it more likely he has another AHL season with alot of callups?

I know alot of fans are extremely high on him and some have pencilled him in as the 3rd pairing/7th dman but is that realistic?

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
What are the chances he cracks NYR lineup? I realize the GM has some cleaning up to do on the back end with some of the horrendous contracts but is there anyway he makes the team? Or is it more likely he has another AHL season with alot of callups?

I know alot of fans are extremely high on him and some have pencilled him in as the 3rd pairing/7th dman but is that realistic?

Ehh, he may as the 7th D. Problem is there's a logjam on the left side right now:

Skjei
Smith
Staal
Hajek
Lindgren
Rykov
Reunanen

Smith may be bought out and we all wish Staal was, but it looks he's going to stay. So that really leaves just the third-pairing LHD and it looks like it's Hajek's job to lose.

Last edited:

Yuck

Sep 8, 2009

My guess is that there are two open LD spots on the Rangers for grabs between Hajek, Rykov & Lindgren and personally feel Lindgren is the odd man out.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s not a very highly regarded prospect and he’s probably NHL ready, so if Shattenkirk is bought out, like expected, I could see a spot for Lindgren as the 7th defensemen. The sixth defensemen spot probably belongs to Rykov or Hajek, who are better prospects. The other will probably begin in the minors because you don’t want that player sitting, but Lindgren should be NHL ready now and was good in the AHL last season. I think you’d have less concern about Lindgren sitting because you aren’t stunting much development.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Pretty good chance if a Smith/Shatty buyout happens. If not he can develop in Hartford until we move a defenseman. I think he’s 100% NHL ready though. He was very impressive defensively and physically. Unlike most defensive defenseman he can skate very well. Saw a few flashes of puck rushing ability from him and if he can develop that offensive side he can become a legit top 4. I’ve always been high on this kid even before he was a Ranger

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I wanted him in Montreal in his draft year as we had just signed his brother Charlie. I like this type of D , safe and smart no issue as long as he can skate , looking forward to seeing him in the NHL.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He deserves to make the team. He’s outplayed Smith and Hajek for the 6th D spot, and he could also be the 7th D, if not 6th. Of all the defensemen on the team, he’s been the best at defending this preseason.

This is where I’m at with the defense.

Staal-DeAngelo
Hajek-Trouba
Skjei-Lindgren
Smith

Fox definitely deserves to make it, but I don’t want to give up a 2nd round pick for a team that won’t be good this season. He probably makes it instead of Smith. And if for some reason both make it, I think Lindgren has passed Hajek for now and Hajek would be next off the roster on defense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad