LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Who cares that the Leafs have outlined that there are beneficial ways of developing prospects and other ways that are harmful to developing prospects, and yet what they have specifically done here is exactly what they said they were going to avoid doing because they consider it harmful? You would think that Leafs' fans would care. But apparently Leafs fans are more interested in simply being brainless cheerleaders.

What I mean by that is that it's no big deal that he was kept up for 6 games, he got some valuable experience. He earned to stay up, played quite for majority of the games but in the end, while I disagree with him being sent down, I also think getting 20 plus minutes a night wont hurt him either.

All I'm saying is who cares that they contradicted themselves? No one is perfect and what's the big deal? No need to nitpick for something so inconsequential in the end.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What I mean by that is that it's no big deal that he was kept up for 6 games, he got some valuable experience. He earned to stay up, played quite for majority of the games but in the end, while I disagree with him being sent down, I also think getting 20 plus minutes a night wont hurt him either.

All I'm saying is who cares that they contradicted themselves? No one is perfect and what's the big deal? No need to nitpick for something so inconsequential in the end.

It's an issue in the sense of it being a symptom of the divide in the front office. The coaching undermines what management is trying to do and vice versa. Babcock doesn't get his Glendennings, and the moneypuck/rookie pickups rarely get a serious shot at the roster.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
It's an issue in the sense of it being a symptom of the divide in the front office. The coaching undermines what management is trying to do and vice versa. Babcock doesn't get his Glendennings, and the moneypuck/rookie pickups rarely get a serious shot at the roster.

I suspect what actually goes on behind the scenes is a lot less like what we see from western and gangster dramas.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
What hit did he take? Which game?

Last Leafs game I watched a week or so ago he looked good but I also get wanting to give him better minutes in the AHL. Nice player.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
19 years old and has 37 points in 52 ahl games. 47 in 65 if you add his playoff games

As a defenceman! It's insanity.

Can't wait for Sandman and Lil full time on the Leafs. The way these 2 are progressing really gives me no cause for concern with just Rielly under contract for 2020.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Sandin once again producing offensively in the AHL, extremely impressive.

I missed the weekend series vs. GR, so unfortunately I can't say how he looks defensively.

Top tier prospect.

So it is kind of weird, Keef has split up Sandin and Liljegren and it looks like to me Liljegren is on the top pair and Sandin is on the second pair

He's been playing OK but sat 2 games because of an illness so hopefully he is feeling better and his play goes up

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
So it is kind of weird, Keef has split up Sandin and Liljegren and it looks like to me Liljegren is on the top pair and Sandin is on the second pair

He's been playing OK but sat 2 games because of an illness so hopefully he is feeling better and his play goes up

Lines up perfectly with everything I've read so far this year. Lil has been lights out defensively once again, yet this year the offence is coming along as well. Certainly has all the makings of a top 4 defender.

Sandin I picture in the Josi mold, hopefully he develops half as well Roman has. The offence is clearly there, it's now down to cleaning up a few things in the defensive zone.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
9 points in 6 games now? Top pairing potential written all over this guy.

Chews 30 minutes per night like it's nothing, battles with guys twice his size, has a bomb from the point. So rare to see a player this young be so well-rounded.

30 minutes a game???? WTF are you looking at? Exaggerate much? lol

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
not alot of chatter about him but it seems like he's been the best defenseman in the tournament by a fair margin from what I've seen

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
While its an exaggeration, Sandin has played 25+ minutes in the AHL last year and this year several times.

The AHL doesn't post TOI stats. So what are you basing this on? Did you clock Sandin's icetime yourself? Curious.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
30 minutes a game???? WTF are you looking at? Exaggerate much? lol
The AHL doesn't post TOI stats. So what are you basing this on? Did you clock Sandin's icetime yourself? Curious.
You going to be okay? The Marlies community has a number of analytics guys (e.g. Jeff Veillette) who track TOI, Corsi, etc. for the players.

Sandin logged 30+ minutes multiple times for the Marlies this season and in pre-season for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad