LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I am so happy for Buffalo. They have such good fan base but nothing to show for as a team

Hopefully this is a step towards right direction. Can't wait for Leafs vs Sabres rivalry for next 10 years
Nice to hear this sentiment coming from a rival fan. In the months leading up to the McEichel lottery, I always said that if the Sabres missed out on McDavid, I’d prefer he go to the Leafs. Now, there are select members of your fan base that would have made me seriously regret ever thinking that, lol, but in the end it worked out with you guys getting Matthews instead.

The next decade or more should be really fun. Hopefully Dahlin helps them get out of the basement ASAP.

Abraham de Lacy

The next decade or more should be really fun. Hopefully Dahlin helps them get out of the basement ASAP.

I think care is important with the impact of Rasmus Dahlin. Do it correctly and you have a swiss-made knife: universal tool, making his team better when he is on the ice in any situation.

Rasmus Dahlin is such a great player that you want to find pieces that fits him .. not the other way around. That is why he has franchise potential.

The reason he is regarded #1 is of the enormous size of the puzzle piece he carries by virtue of his past achievements.

I don't think he is generational though .. that is rare stuff .. hell I don't even think Connor McDavid is generational (I am struggling with this though).

The way to think about it is how large is the impact of any player, and it becomes a jigsaw puzzle. All pieces are always the same rough size in a proper puzzle, in a team game like hockey though, the sizes of the pieces are proportional to their action.

And all of them are of irregular shape and of differing size and so don't fit together very well .. and so we prefer to put little pieces to a large piece .. it is easier .. and perhaps we do this and put the proper side pieces along the large core. Every team that does this will have a 'personality' centred .. but in a loose way .. around the largest piece of the team puzzle.

Which is one or two or sometimes three players.

Last edited:

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Early Dahlin articles: Rasmus Dahlin - Elite Prospects

17/12/2016: Rasmus Dahlin: The Next Erik Karlsson or Better?https://thehockeywriters.com/rasmus-dahlin-the-next-erik-karlsson-or-better/
30/12/2016: Swedish hockey player Rasmus Dahlin impresses at world juniors
26/04/2017: Future star - Rasmus Dahlin: "Everything has gone my way" Hem - Hockeymagasinet
10/07/2017: Prospect of Interest: The 411 on top 2018 draft prospect Rasmus Dahlin - Sportsnet.ca

From third article from top:
After starting this season in Frölundas U18-team he’s managed to write history and striking records several times during this season:
- He became the first player born in 2000 to play in SHL.
- The first player born in 2000 to score in the SHL.
- The second youngest goalscorer in SHL history
- Youngest Swedish player ever to play in a World Juniors-tournament.
- Youngest player in the history to score in an SHL-playoff game.
- Third youngest player of all time to play in the Swedish national team “Tre Kronor”.

Not generational my butt

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrik Barkov

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Dahlin-Risto
Scandella-Bogosian

Should be a really strong top 4 and may even give Lehner a chance to have a breakout year. Buffalo could easily make playoffs this year if Mittelstadt and Nylander can manage to have coming out partys as well.

Dahlin-Risto is going to be one of the best pairs in the league for a long time. Righty lefty combo both can move the puck very effeciently and defend well. Risto is huge and Dahlin has decenet size and both can really shoot and be a threat in the offensive zone.

They’d be wasting Dahlin on the left side. So much of his game comes from being on his off hand.

If Buffalo had a pair of brass ones, they’d have him and Ristolanen both on their off hands together, especially on the PP. Dahlin has no problem dishing on his backhand. Should be lethal.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm

Im surprised people like Cherry, Simmonds etc havnt said something like: ”You know, Dahlins swedish....you know what that means right? Hes a chicken, hes aweful and Ryan Murphy will, I guarentee it, will go number 1!!!!!” (Yes i know theyre from different threads)

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Obviously Dahlin is different, but if I'm not mistaken I've heard tons of Swedish D-men being hyped up as "better than Karlsson was in his draft year"?

It feels like such a watered down statement at this point that it's not even that much of a compliment :laugh:

Reactions: Koijari

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
dahlin will go ahead of svechinkov and I will celebrate for long.

the draft cant come soon enough.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Obviously Dahlin is different, but if I'm not mistaken I've heard tons of Swedish D-men being hyped up as "better than Karlsson was in his draft year"?

It feels like such a watered down statement at this point that it's not even that much of a compliment :laugh:
Yeah, it's getting really cringy.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Yeah, it's getting really cringy.

Karlsson was drafted 15th after sens traded up, which means it's likely he would've been picked even later. A lot of swedish defensemen have been better than Karlsson in their draft year, so yes it's an empty truism that doesn't say anything about Dahlin. Same thing could be said about Lidström in their respective draft year comparison.

Saying that Dahlin's better than Hedman was in his draft year is both true and says way more about Dahlin's abilities.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Who since EK was drafted have you heard from credible sources saying a draftee was better than Karlsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad