LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
I was hoping Montreal just because of the city and I like this kid, but Buffalo, oh man. At least they will be fun to watch now, hopefully they get better.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Still hoping for a Oilers - Sabres Cup final at some point in the future. McDavid vs Eichel/Dahlin, Nurse vs Risto, Draisaitl vs Reinhart. Would be pretty cool to see all that young talent go head-to-head. Kinda wish the playoff format was different. Gets boring seeing the same teams play against each other in the playoffs every year. West vs East matchups would be cool.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Kopitar was 11th overall, and I wold put both of these guys potential 1 tier ahead of Kopi& Doughty.
I could have said prime Bergeron with prime Chara but that wasn't what I was going for.

I'm going for duo this young and with the potential we all know.
I agree with Dahlin's potential being ahead of Doughty, but as of now Kopitar is in a tier ahead of Eichel who has been slightly dissapointing relative to draft hype in my opinion.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree with Dahlin's potential being ahead of Doughty, but as of now Kopitar is in a tier ahead of Eichel who has been slightly dissapointing relative to draft hype in my opinion.

The point again was the best duo you could think of building around for the next 10+ years, it gives Buffalo a nice ground to build on.

Dahlin could be the #1 D-man in this league one day, Eichel #3-5 C.

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
As much as it pains me to say it. He's going to Buffalo, and he'll excel there. At least it is better than MTL.

And you can see a lot of him since you probably are just over an hour from Buffalo arena!

It is a win-win for you and the Sabres:thumbu:

(Mtl is a way farther drive, and the highway driving in Quebec can be very trying in winter...)

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Not saying I disagree, but I think Eichel is in a strange place. The Buffalo we have seen the last two years hasn't exactly promoted inspiring plays from him, but I think that he has done good with the cards that has been given to him. Not great, but good for sure. IIRC he has very good stats all over the games he has played? Imo he gets doubted just for being in the same draft as McDavid (and obviously his attitude) and has had very high expectations put on him. In the end I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a true franchise center, especially if Dahlin actually turns out as good as he could become and helps out with the puck moving half the game. This could be a good start to a very bright future for Buffalo, it will be interesting to watch.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Not saying I disagree, but I think Eichel is in a strange place. The Buffalo we have seen the last two years hasn't exactly promoted inspiring plays from him, but I think that he has done good with the cards that has been given to him. Not great, but good for sure. IIRC he has very good stats all over the games he has played? Imo he gets doubted just for being in the same draft as McDavid (and obviously his attitude) and has had very high expectations put on him. In the end I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a true franchise center, especially if Dahlin actually turns out as good as he could become and helps out with the puck moving half the game. This could be a good start to a very bright future for Buffalo, it will be interesting to watch.
Eichel will definitely be a franchise center. The reason why he's slightly dissapointing is because he was compared to McDavid so much which granted is an unfair standard. But the way he was talked about, I just expected more.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Eichel will definitely be a franchise center. The reason why he's slightly dissapointing is because he was compared to McDavid so much which granted is an unfair standard. But the way he was talked about, I just expected more.

He's been roughly a point per game player over the last 2 seasons, even with a pair of high ankle sprains and playing on a low-scoring team with little talent around him. :dunno:

In any case, adding Dahlin gives the Sabres a heck of a duo to build around. Dahlin is a game-changer for Buffalo. Our D has been so bad the last several years, especially in transition (which hasn't done our forwards any favors).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Today is the day where Buffalo Sabres fans instantaneously become the board experts on Rasmus Dahlin.

(I'm just teasing, it would be the same for any fan base who won).

Reactions: shello

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
He's been roughly a point per game player over the last 2 seasons, even with a pair of high ankle sprains and playing on a low-scoring team with little talent around him. :dunno:

In any case, adding Dahlin gives the Sabres a heck of a duo to build around. Dahlin is a game-changer for Buffalo. Our D has been so bad the last several years, especially in transition (which hasn't done our forwards any favors).
His comparable is winning scoring titles in an equally terrible team situation. I'm not criticizing Eichel, you can't reasonably expect that he'd do much more than what he's done, but I thought Eichel would do things that aren't to be reasonably expected. That's why I said he's been slightly dissapointing.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Today is the day where Buffalo Sabres fans instantaneously become the board experts on Rasmus Dahlin.

(I'm just teasing, it would be the same for any fan base who won).

I think a lot of our board has actively been avoiding watching him just so it wouldn't be as disappointing when we lost the lotto. :laugh: I didn't even seriously consider the possibility that we'd be picking 1st until after the Montreal card was flipped over.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think a lot of our board has actively been avoiding watching him just so it wouldn't be as disappointing when we lost the lotto. :laugh: I didn't even seriously consider the possibility that we'd be picking 1st until after the Montreal card was flipped over.

Well, I'd better get out of here while I'm still angry. ;)

Our first overall picks were Alexandre Daigle and Chris Phillips.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Love the lottery result for Buffalo.. Works perfectly for them being able to draft Dahlin.

Something great to be happy about for Sabres fans after a dissappinting season

Reactions: 1972

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
Well, I'd better get out of here while I'm still angry. ;)

Our first overall picks were Alexandre Daigle and Chris Phillips.

You forgot Bryan Berard.
Daigle in 93, berard in 95 and phillips in 96.

Last edited:

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Dahlin-Risto
Scandella-Bogosian

Should be a really strong top 4 and may even give Lehner a chance to have a breakout year. Buffalo could easily make playoffs this year if Mittelstadt and Nylander can manage to have coming out partys as well.

Dahlin-Risto is going to be one of the best pairs in the league for a long time.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Dahlin-Risto
Scandella-Bogosian

Should be a really strong top 4 and may even give Lehner a chance to have a breakout year. Buffalo could easily make playoffs this year if Mittelstadt and Nylander can manage to have coming out partys as well.

Dahlin-Risto is going to be one of the best pairs in the league for a long time. Righty lefty combo both can move the puck very effeciently and defend well. Risto is huge and Dahlin has decenet size and both can really shoot and be a threat in the offensive zone.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Dahlin-Risto
Scandella-Bogosian

Dahlin-Risto is going to be one of the best pairs in the league for a long time.

And Guhle in there too.. Hes an unreal dman

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

IF Sabres can add a scoring winger for Eichel on top of the additions of Mittelstadt and Dahlin, I expect Eichel to finish 2nd in scoring next season behind McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad