LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
First of, idk shit but here is some free hot takes.

From what I’ve seen Dahlin has great hockey sense, great skating and his frame is good and he likely be a big body. Areas I think he might have to work on is his shot, being stronger on the puck and hands in thight areas(seems like most of his highlights come from his fluid skating)

Future looks bright!

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah .. he took a couple of unnecessary penalties in the SHL. It would be nice if he polished that of. I don't know what to make of this to be honest.

As my dad used to say: .. "It's just youthful exuberance if you learn from it .. but if it sticks with you and you learn nothing, it is in your character .. and that might not be good".

I don't like the mean streak but that hit was clean to me.

How do you not like the mean streak? Teams would kill for their d men to have a little meanness

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Your trolling aren't you? lol.

If Dahlin becomes Hedman 2.0 the Sabres will be really happy with this pick. With that said, all the evidence, eye and stats suggest he will be even better. He is a better Defenseman than Hedman was at his age by a long shot. Why hate on a Prospect so much? Why should you care if Buffalo gets their Franchise Dman? How does it effect you at all?

Is he Better than Hedman right now? No. Does he have the potential to surpass him? Absolutely. I don't see why you have such a hard time understanding that.....
Well technically everyone has the potential to surpass anyone. Dahlin hasn’t proven anything

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
First of, idk **** but here is some free hot takes.

From what I’ve seen Dahlin has great hockey sense, great skating and his frame is good and he likely be a big body. Areas I think he might have to work on is his shot, being stronger on the puck and hands in thight areas(seems like most of his highlights come from his fluid skating)

Future looks bright!
Wait, what?

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
O

Oh, give it a rest why dontcha, you're not being smart or clever with your comments, you only look like an angry kid
I’m not saying he is a bad prospect. He is in fact a GREAT prospect. But from what I have seen so far he won’t be one of the top end 1st overall picks from the past couple years. I am see him being a 50 point D man. Like a mcdonagh type but more offensive

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
How does he stand in the CRS(creativ style) and ENV(Entertainmentvalue) parameter so far?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
You think a 19 year old d-man on a team like the Sabres is going to make more of a difference than a center?

Well, he's not going to turn 19 until April, so...he's not going to see the NHL playoffs as an 18-year old. In his sophomore season, as a 19-year old, though? Who knows...but it's not unreasonable.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Where does the CRS and ENV stand in regards to everything else .. just curious. Are these standards even definable?

Maby not but they should be. And maby CRS shoud stand for Creative skill.

Deke speed,
Speed while deking,
Deke variation per game,
Body fake success per game,
Use of boards, goal and opponents for passing, deking and goals. (but not obviously unintended deflections)
One on one deke success rate per game.
Tunnels per game.
Mid air shots
No look passes
Extremly long passes on the blade
One touch passes on the blade

Extra point for a "I pity the fool fake" when the opponent get so fooled, even the rivals feels sorry for them .

These, useless but fun stats might exist allready. And i probably missed a few.

Dahlin might get quite high points in some of these stats i belive.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I’m not saying he is a bad prospect. He is in fact a GREAT prospect. But from what I have seen so far he won’t be one of the top end 1st overall picks from the past couple years. I am see him being a 50 point D man. Like a mcdonagh type but more offensive
Just stop, admit it, you haven't seen him play at all, I have, and he's more like a Karlsson/Doughty hybrid than a soft one dimensional Mcdonagh. Unless something extremely unfortunate happens this kid will be a top 5 Dman within 3 years.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
... Seriously? I'll give an example with Sabres, last off-season I was seriously impressed by Mittelstadt's stickhandling even though he wasn't even my favorite prospect at the time(And I've certainly had to improve my opinion on him quite a bit). That's when a player had "wow-factor" on his stickhandling, in similar situations at the development camp. Dahlin's not made me feel like that, which is a bit inconsistent with him being 1OA and with his stickhandling praised so highly everywhere. Now, you can disagree with me if you want to but you don't have to strawman it up like that, I think that it's a pretty reasonable thing to say considering the situation.

I have watched both stick handle quite a bit in a variety of situations. I think their close, with the mod to Dahlin for the size difference and the aggressive way he drives the net in transition. Casey is a little more passive. Today. Casey wasn’t even close to this level at the same age.

That Dahlin as a defender is even in the conversation with a Mittlestadt as a puck handler is pretty nuts.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Buffalo as I just said for Vancouver have sneakily, well when you draft Dahlin it really isn't that under the radar one of the best young core groups in the NHL. Watch out for them soon.

Who are they passing in the Atlantic in the next two seasons, Tampa, Toronto, Boston, even Florida? They could and should improve, but they are in tough.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's true that you can never know how a player will project down the line. Plenty max out their potential early.

What I do know is that watching Dahlin this year was like watching Matthews, McDavid and Crosby their D-years. He has a flair for the game that makes you think he'll be something really, really special.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitts888
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad