LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Byram and Seider will be better, but I really like Broberg as well... I had Byram, Seider and Broberg respectively ranked 3rd overall, 4th overall and 7th overall...
You had seider 4th?? Thats interesting, id like to know ur top 10

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
1-Hughes
2-Kakko
3-Byram
4-Seider
5-Knight
6-Turcotte
7-Broberg
8-Zegras
9-Boldy
10-Dach

Dach should be higher but interesting list.

I’m really happy with the work Broberg put in this summer, he apparently lives in the rink and gym.

Reactions: Goldenhands

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
This is probably the dumbest thing I have read on HF in a while, and that is saying alot. My recommendation would be to go to the top right corner of your screen>click on your user name>scroll down > click "Log off". Spend some time outside, enjoy summer. Do anything except what you are currently doing
And you can go on ignore, catemite.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You'll note he's also a defenseman that just turned 18 playing against men.

Broberg made a great play, plain and simple. I'm sorry if it pains you to hear that.
TBH, I think the first half of it was good. But the choice to make a spin-o-rama wasn't that great IMO. Was a much stronger, less flashy play to just shoot normally.

This is always important to think about with these highlights.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
TBH, I think the first half of it was good. But the choice to make a spin-o-rama wasn't that great IMO. Was a much stronger, less flashy play to just shoot normally.

This is always important to think about with these highlights.

That play required incredibly high skill to do. I don’t see how you could watch that and say it “wasn’t great”.

It’s probably because you’re the biggest Suomi homer on this site and Broberg is a Swede.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
...he’s 18.

You have some of the most ridiculous takes on a multitude of prospects across so many different leagues, countries, and for different teams.

It’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about in a lot of instances with your weak superficial analysis.

I like how you launch into a tirade here against me because I was willing to be realistic about a prospect who plays for your team.

What were your thoughts on Broberg three months ago? Why didn’t you say the same things when similar viewpoints were brought up then? I think we all know why. Your team drafted Broberg. That makes you an expert and everyone who doesn’t agree with your totally unrealistic view is worthy of being hated on.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Broberg shift by shift vs IKO
1st period
-on off hand, end to end rush that came to nothing. Stumbled out of gate on faceoff, created chance against.
-Off hand, short shift D to D pass
  • Another short shift, pass to F in zone, good read
  • Short shift, set up a scoring chance with nice diagonal headman
  • DZ start, GA. Failed to cover point on his side;D TO D pass from that side was SOG for GA. (No you can make the argument that the free F should’ve covered the point, but he was tied up. But he didn’t cover the point and didn’t really pick up someone close to the goal.)
2nd
-Kovalev shift, had 2 chances to change, smartly defended zone entry after 90 seconds of the shift even though his legs were dead.
  • Short shift, GA. Failed to win board battle even though he had position, pass to shot to G.
  • 1 minute shift PK3, broke up attempted entry at red line
  • 1:14 PP2 shift, started on LD, drifted over to R1/2 wall on 1-3-1
  • :50 shift, made unsuccessful pass in own zone
  • 1:11 shift, shot high & wife from point
3rd
  • Short shift,Made a headman pass, shot wide.
  • Goes to cover the net, doesn’t box out, his mark runs goalie.
  • Short shift, carries the puck deep, turns it over with no scoring chance, off
  • On ice for GF, never touched it, was all forecheck to get turnover.
  • :48 shift, the seeing eye puck spinarama
  • Off hand, draws a hooking call from jumping in.
  • :40 PP2 shift, brutal pinch, blows a tire, 2 on 1 the other way.
  • 1:00 shift, got pressured softly in DZ, coughed puck up
OT:
-Starts 3v3, crashes net hard with speed for zip, picks up new change to mark, does well, off.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
That play required incredibly high skill to do. I don’t see how you could watch that and say it “wasn’t great”.

It’s probably because you’re the biggest Suomi homer on this site and Broberg is a Swede.
Watch a replay: completely lost control of the puck upon contact with the 1st D, somehow went where he needed it to to flail at it for naught.

And it’s not like Oskarshamn are worldbeaters, most have them pegged for the drop.

Sorry, that’s he’s gonna be Brady Skjei, but that’s what I keep seeing when he plays against men. Not great in his own end, but not bad, great wheels, not great hands or reads. Next stretch pass will be the 1st

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Good lord what a terrible take. Some people are just determined to make themselves the punchline a couple years down the line when people come check out what dummies like this had to say.

Reactions: Del Preston

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I like how you launch into a tirade here against me because I was willing to be realistic about a prospect who plays for your team.

What were your thoughts on Broberg three months ago? Why didn’t you say the same things when similar viewpoints were brought up then? I think we all know why. Your team drafted Broberg. That makes you an expert and everyone who doesn’t agree with your totally unrealistic view is worthy of being hated on.
Except he did. This was one of his posts from June 8th:
I’d take Dach, Boldy, Broberg in that order.

I agree those are the 3 guys that should be our targets, I’d be very happy with any of those 3. I’m reasonably sure at least two of those three should be available.

If you're going to keep making up facts, please don't post here. We're trying to talk about Broberg, not make false accusations.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Would be fantastic if you could disagree without the ad hominem. I didn't think Barkov's between-the-legs goal last season was all that great and got flamed for saying as much - Finnish player BTW. I simply don't get blinded by the flash. And explain why I like Sandin, please. Is he suddenly not Swedish? Or perhaps you'll call me Leafs homer next? That'd be funny.

Skill level's not been the issue with Broberg.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Broberg shift by shift vs IKO
1st period
-on off hand, end to end rush that came to nothing. Stumbled out of gate on faceoff, created chance against.
-Off hand, short shift D to D pass
  • Another short shift, pass to F in zone, good read
  • Short shift, set up a scoring chance with nice diagonal headman
  • DZ start, GA. Failed to cover point on his side;D TO D pass from that side was SOG for GA. (No you can make the argument that the free F should’ve covered the point, but he was tied up. But he didn’t cover the point and didn’t really pick up someone close to the goal.)
2nd
-Kovalev shift, had 2 chances to change, smartly defended zone entry after 90 seconds of the shift even though his legs were dead.
  • Short shift, GA. Failed to win board battle even though he had position, pass to shot to G.
  • 1 minute shift PK3, broke up attempted entry at red line
  • 1:14 PP2 shift, started on LD, drifted over to R1/2 wall on 1-3-1
  • :50 shift, made unsuccessful pass in own zone
  • 1:11 shift, shot high & wife from point
3rd
  • Short shift,Made a headman pass, shot wide.
  • Goes to cover the net, doesn’t box out, his mark runs goalie.
  • Short shift, carries the puck deep, turns it over with no scoring chance, off
  • On ice for GF, never touched it, was all forecheck to get turnover.
  • :48 shift, the seeing eye puck spinarama
  • Off hand, draws a hooking call from jumping in.
  • :40 PP2 shift, brutal pinch, blows a tire, 2 on 1 the other way.
  • 1:00 shift, got pressured softly in DZ, coughed puck up
OT:
-Starts 3v3, crashes net hard with speed for zip, picks up new change to mark, does well, off.

Sounds a lot like your "anlysis" of Boqvist from a couple of years ago. Litterally to find negatives in everything he does. You will never see a good player with those glasses.

I don't think any Skellefteå fan was disappointed in Broberg after the game. First SHL game for him as well. He looked fine.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Except he did. This was one of his posts from June 8th:

If you're going to keep making up facts, please don't post here. We're trying to talk about Broberg, not make false accusations.

Which facts did I make up? Referencing some scantly related post that doesn't address what I asked to get some credit with a fan who roots for the same team as you is more off-topic than anything I wrote. I was discussing the player, you seem to want to purposely distort what I had asked of the disrespectful person who hated on me for posting something I think most people would agree about.

Getting back to discussion of the player, I don't agree with most of what the @TheWhiskeyThief says, but it's not a terrible comparison. I also made the distinction that I think he will be slightly better offensively than Skjei. Skjei is a middle pairing defensemen. It's not unrealistic to think that a slightly better offensive player than Skjei with the 8th pick in a weak defensemen draft is Broberg's likely outcome. Thats not a bad outcome. Thats probably safely a #3, maybe a #2. If he had a better likely outcome than that, he's probably getting picked higher than 8th.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Sounds a lot like your "anlysis" of Boqvist from a couple of years ago. Litterally to find negatives in everything he does. You will never see a good player with those glasses.

I don't think any Skellefteå fan was disappointed in Broberg after the game. First SHL game for him as well. He looked fine.
So where are your notes? All I’m seeing is a lot of crybabies bringing nothing to the table. And my crime is suggesting that he’s similar to a 2nd pair NHL defenceman.

Meanwhile, Adam Boqvist is going to the AHL and is only slightly closer than he was a year ago. Maybe playing against best men will force him to play hard in his own end, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese