LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
Honestly the guy he reminds me of is Eric brewer. More athletic and a better skater, though brewer wasn’t a bad skater at all, but similar.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Better discredit every goal ever scored than I guess guys if the player with the puck goes through 3 different players but those 3 players are leaning towards the bench the good play is voided. Just leave and mumble to yourself diminishing every Oiler prospect atleast that I could respect.

Did that play remind anyone of the McDavid rush against Columbus in his rookie season which was an obvious aberration right?:sarcasm:

I agree.with others that maybe a guy like Zegras or Krebs would have been a better pick bit I also k ow that Ken Holland knows alot more about hockey prospects than I do.

stor harig bjorn

Aug 23, 2019
Växjo
Nice.

Where in the article does it say he's been their best player?
I believe it's the first little blurb under the video.

I tried Google Translate, but I think it butchered it. I originally read a Swedish poster's translation.
The article doesn't necessarily say he's been their best player but rather a nice surprise in training camp/pre-season with great skills and potential :)

Broberg is one of my favorite prospects right now, his skating is such a joy to watch. I am planning to catch as many of Skellefteå's games this season as I can because of him.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
The article doesn't necessarily say he's been their best player but rather a nice surprise in training camp/pre-season with great skills and potential :)

Broberg is one of my favorite prospects right now, his skating is such a joy to watch. I am planning to catch as many of Skellefteå's games this season as I can because of him.

The first sentence(the bolded part) actually says he’s been their best player during preseason.

It’s preseason so it remains to be seen if he can keep it up when the real games begin but still some hope for the big group of Oiler fans ready to jump off cliffs after the pick was made.

Reactions: Game 8

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Just about scored another one in OT.

Edit: I see it’s in the post above.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I know ! He was the guy I wanted in MTL but some where saying that he didn’t have any offensive skills

That seems absurd when you actually watch him play, like Holland said after the pick “the people that don’t actually watch the games have all the answers today”.

He’s been solid with his SHL club and was the best D man at the Hlinka Gretzky and U-18s in his draft year.

His speed and skillset are outstanding.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I don't think it's a terrible comparison. Skjei isn't a bad player. He's a good #4 defensemen, maybe close to a #3. Like Broberg, Skjei has very basic skill. He can move the puck at an adequate level and isn't going to ruin attacks if you pass it back to him at the point, but he doesn't create much offense because he doesn't have much skill. He'll get a number of points due to his skating. He can also defend at a good, but not great level, with great skating and good size. The hockey IQ is around average. I wouldn't rule out Broberg being slightly better all-around than Skjei, and being a good #3 or close to a #2 defensemen, but if Edmonton gets a player the caliber of Skjei out of the #8 pick, its not what you want, but its not a bad outcome. That's a top 15 player in any draft.

Brobergs skill level blows Skjei away.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He doesn't blow it away. He's likely going to be better in that area. If he blew it away, he'd be a no doubt #1 defensemen.

...he’s 18.

You have some of the most ridiculous takes on a multitude of prospects across so many different leagues, countries, and for different teams.

It’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about in a lot of instances with your weak superficial analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad