LD Pavel Mintyukov (2022, 10th, ANA)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Declaring him one of the most underrated prospects in the league.

Not on this list

#153 on Pronman list.....

Led his entire team in scoring as a rookie defensemen on one of the worst teams in juniors. His team is so bad.... like bad and he still almost put up point per game. NHL Blackbook and other scouting services had him as the second best defensemen in the draft and a top 3/5 prospect overall. I guess being Russian playing in Canada will do that to you :huh:🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Declaring him one of the most underrated prospects in the league.

Not on this list

#153 on Pronman list.....

Led his entire team in scoring as a rookie defensemen on one of the worst teams in juniors. His team is so bad.... like bad and he still almost put up point per game. NHL Blackbook and other scouting services had him as the second best defensemen in the draft and a top 3/5 prospect overall. I guess being Russian playing in Canada will do that to you :huh:🤷‍♂️
I agree Mintyukov is underrated by many but lets take that first list with a grain of salt.

The Slafkovsky, Wright, and Cooley's of the world were ranked in the late 40s early 50's.

The list as a whole is atrocious and obviously whoever made it decided the newly drafted guys should be insanely low

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I agree Mintyukov is underrated by many but lets take that first list with a grain of salt.

The Slafkovsky, Wright, and Cooley's of the world were ranked in the late 40s early 50's.

The list as a whole is atrocious and obviously whoever made it decided the newly drafted guys should be insanely low
It;s petty crazy.

Like I love Peterka as a prospect. But with Quinn, and all the young forwards on that team even, his chances of getting significant playing time even in the future isn't great. To have him at 18 over Slaf, Wright and Cooley, who will probably get every opportunity, and I think have much higher upsides, is kind of nuts.

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby
This will be his 2ND year playing NA hockey and will continue to develop playing with a few other good D returning this year should have the guys ready for a good season in Sag.In reality l see him getting a trade near the deadline. Helping both sides, picks and top prospect for a top D. If he can get on a top team will add extra quality TOI. Play playoff hockey.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Screenshot 2022-10-02 010548.jpg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Between Drysdale, Zellweger, and Mintyukov, the Ducks' defence is gonna be mobile af in the future.
Ya we got a very good mix of defenders for the future... Persoanlly i throw Luneau up there with Zell drysdale and mintyukov... i think hes going to be a very solid NHL player... i also think Warren has a lot of really nice raw tools that shuold compliment the rest of the dmens stylistically.

Reactions: majormajor

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ya we got a very good mix of defenders for the future... Persoanlly i throw Luneau up there with Zell drysdale and mintyukov... i think hes going to be a very solid NHL player... i also think Warren has a lot of really nice raw tools that shuold compliment the rest of the dmens stylistically.
Yeah, we need Warren to succeed. Zell, Drysdale, and Minty are not that physical. We need someone to be able to punch at least Jay Beagle time after time. Warren could fit that.

Personally, I am not too high on Minty, but I also admit I have not seen him much. When I did saw him, it felt he lacked dynamic and does plays that are questionable at the next level. But really, I have not seen him that much.

• Haha
Reactions: slumpy43

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, we need Warren to succeed. Zell, Drysdale, and Minty are not that physical. We need someone to be able to punch at least Jay Beagle time after time. Warren could fit that.

Personally, I am not too high on Minty, but I also admit I have not seen him much. When I did saw him, it felt he lacked dynamic and does plays that are questionable at the next level. But really, I have not seen him that much.
Mintyukov is pretty physical actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad