LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Anyone would be over the moon if he is anything like Duncan Keith, who in addition to being highly skilled and having an elite hockey IQ is one of the dirtiest SOBs in the league, his competitiveness in a sport full of alpha males is really off the charts. Come on Miro!

fixed it for you

Reactions: Fixxer

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Looks like he got a 10 minute misconduct in OT today.

Anyone got some insight?
Wasn't really a malicious play, he gave a push to the back of another player near the boards, and they fell down head first into the boards. Looked bad. On another note, you could see Heiskanen is getting a bit tired of playing 26-30 minutes per night. He was still a rock defensively, but you can see he is getting tired and more prone to these small lapses of judgement. I'm kind of hoping that HIFK gets eliminated and Heiskanen can get some rest, or that the coach notices he is overplaying Heiskanen in some situations.

Timani

Wasn't really a malicious play, he gave a push to the back of another player near the boards, and they fell down head first into the boards. Looked bad. On another note, you could see Heiskanen is getting a bit tired of playing 26-30 minutes per night. He was still a rock defensively, but you can see he is getting tired and more prone to these small lapses of judgement. I'm kind of hoping that HIFK gets eliminated and Heiskanen can get some rest, or that the coach notices he is overplaying Heiskanen in some situations.

I'm hoping it is the latter. I want him in as many high-pressure situations as possible. He's an 18-19yr old that has all summer to rest.

Fight adversity and test his limits. That's what I want to see from him, because I fully expect him to play in the NHL next year.

Reactions: Dominic Roussel

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Can't wait to see this kid in the NHL next year. Unless Hitchcock is our coach. Then he'll tell him chip the puck off the boards, don't hang onto the puck for over three seconds... Oh and scratch him half the games.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
I see a lot of Keith/Lidstrom in him. I think the player he said he tries to emulate is Keith. I'm not saying he will have a career like either of those two but play style wise I see a lot of similarities.
I think Keith was used as a comparable somewhere. I compared him to Vlasic last year, but I see more offensive potential now.
He has used Scott Niedermayer as a comparable for himself. Some scouts compared him to Niedermayer too.

Reactions: Ippenator

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Over the course of this season, I've really grown to like a number of guys on IFK. I wonder why a guy like Kevin Lankinen went undrafted. I'd love him as a replacement to Kari but understand that's 99.9% not going to happen.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Over the course of this season, I've really grown to like a number of guys on IFK. I wonder why a guy like Kevin Lankinen went undrafted. I'd love him as a replacement to Kari but understand that's 99.9% not going to happen.

Actually Lankinen is one of those liiga players which has been rumored to move NHL after this season.
Reason why Lankinen went undrafted is probably that he was often 3rd guy behind for Juuse Saros and Ville Husso who played most of the matches in Finnish junior national teams.

To be honest Lankinen never got a decent chance in U16, U17 and U18 national teams to show his talent for NHL scouts to get drafted to NHL. But now back to actual topic.

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
IFK just got eliminated. Any chance he comes over for the AHL playoffs? Or will he stay in Finland for the WC's?

Hard to say. He could go play some playoff games, but most likely Jere as the finnish GM will get first dips. Could play AHL POs and then National team, but would prolly be better for him to rest a bit.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
If Texas had a more competitive team I would like to see him in the AHL playoffs. They could easily be done after 1 series so it isn't worth it IMO.

Also, Texas is already carrying 10 defenseman.. so it's a bit tight on the backend.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IFK still has a bronze Game against TPS . Just saying. Don't think it makes sense to bring over Miro for the AHL playoffs . Better to let him to go the WC .

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Youngest player to win the award. He still doesnt turn 19 for another 2.5 months... still not as impressive as Petersson tho /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad