LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Well, McDavid at 8. surely makes this list pointless.
Why really? McDavid is most probably not the fastest skater in professional hockey. He is one of the fastest, but definitely not head and shoulders above the other speedsters. And as I mentioned already, there are most probably even faster players than him. But I do agree with him being the best at combining excellent skating speed with very good and quick puck handling, and he also has the IQ to practically match his full speed. That combination is what makes him so special. But no, he is not the fastest skater in hockey, that I’m pretty sure of really.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why really? McDavid is most probably not the fastest skater in professional hockey. He is one of the fastest, but definitely not head and shoulders above the other speedsters. And as I mentioned already, there are most probably even faster players than him. But I do agree with him being the best at combining excellent skating speed with very good and quick puck handling, and he also has the IQ to practically match his full speed. That combination is what makes him so special. But no, he is not the fastest skater in hockey, that I’m pretty sure of really.

I think someone did an in game blueline to blueline speed test in the NHL and McDavid was the fastest both with and without the puck. I can't remember who the poster was. Also McDavid has been clocked at going faster than 38.91 km/h in the NHL so I'd say he wasn't giving it his all obviously when clocked.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Draisaitl is apparently faster than McDavid? Wonder if EDM fans will corroborate?
He is deceptively fast nowadays. Especially when he hits top speed there’s not really many faster players in the world. But McDavid is definitely faster than him with his acceleration and generally a better skater.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I don't like how people assume that kids like Tolvanen and Vesalainen are 100% going to be success stories. Nothing is certain. People are counting their chickens before the eggs have hatched

Tf does that have to do with what I said? Finland has less of a reason to be jealous of Pettersson because there are plenty od young forwards like Laine, Aho and Rantanen killing it. A defenseman is more needed.

Tolvanen and Vesalainen could bust and Finland would still need defensemen more than forwards

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't like how people assume that kids like Tolvanen and Vesalainen are 100% going to be success stories. Nothing is certain. People are counting their chickens before the eggs have hatched
What I don't really like is this "Hey guys he's not that good really" thing you have going with every Finnish prospect. Try to look at these players and their accomplishments objectively rather than doing your best to downplay what they are doing and making sure to remind us of all the worst-case scenarios as if we weren't aware of their existence.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
This type of publicity, which has led to virtually every member of the hockey media digging up their take on the teen, puts an extreme microscope on Heiskanen’s rookie season. It’s one thing to get judged as a first-round pick, it’s another to bear the expectations that accompany being considered too good to be moved for a generational talent.

“I don’t think it’s going to matter, he’s not going to care who’s watching, he’s just going to be (the Stars) second-best defender by December and the best one by the end of his second NHL season,” a European-based NHL scout said. “He’s the best prospect in Europe. (Rasmus) Dahlin will be more exciting, but Heiskanen is better overall in my view.”

Stars betting big on Miro Heiskanen, even if it means...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Draisaitl is apparently faster than McDavid? Wonder if EDM fans will corroborate?
Draisaitl has a very good top speed that might be on par with McDavids, just takes him 10x as long to reach it.

McDavid might not be the fastest player, but how fast he gets to that speed and how he can control the puck is what makes him so dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->