LD Miro Heiskanen (2017, 3rd, DAL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Is this a good time to compare Heiskanen and Dahlin's progress? Both have risen to the forefront of their teams D core.

This season I have seen 4 games of Dahlin and 2.5 of Heiskanen.

Heiskanen has impressed me mutch more but then again he is year older.

Though I have a feeling Dahlin is ordered to play defence first and learn little by little.

I feel that both need some shooting practice and surpricingly Dahlin is not to good at straight skating.

Hard to compare. Both are damn goid though Heiskanen is better now. Is he after 4 years? Who knows.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This season I have seen 4 games of Dahlin and 2.5 of Heiskanen.

Heiskanen has impressed me mutch more but then again he is year older.

Though I have a feeling Dahlin is ordered to play defence first and learn little by little.

I feel that both need some shooting practice and surpricingly Dahlin is not to good at straight skating.

Hard to compare. Both are damn goid though Heiskanen is better now. Is he after 4 years? Who knows.

What's really impressive with Miro is that there's no sheltering, he has to play in every situation against the best.
& his partners aren't star players by any means, more like Methot/Polak/Honka/Ahl guys.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is this a good time to compare Heiskanen and Dahlin's progress? Both have risen to the forefront of their teams D core.

I don't know that there will be a good time anytime soon. Both have completely different usages and roles on their team right now. Best comparison is a few years away imo. Maybe next season. Maybe

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dallas people said Miro was ok at PP until he was asked to imitate Klingberg :)

He was fine on the PP.

Klingberg is a very unique, special player - it would be insane to expect Heiskanen to instantly replicate that. The whole PP is built around Klingberg and his zone entries, and so far the coaches haven’t seemed to change their approach too much yet.

Give it some time.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
He was fine on the PP.

Klingberg is a very unique, special player - it would be insane to expect Heiskanen to instantly replicate that. The whole PP is built around Klingberg and his zone entries, and so far the coaches haven’t seemed to change their approach too much yet.

Give it some time.

That what I ment. Miro has his own way to play PP, if he is asked to play like Kling he will need some time to adabt.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Someone put it well in another thread that Miro's development strategy is to throw him into the inferno and not letting him out. So far he's been phenomenal, let's see if he still has energy left by the spring time. I believe so

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Someone put it well in another thread that Miro's development strategy is to throw him into the inferno and not letting him out. So far he's been phenomenal, let's see if he still has energy left by the spring time. I believe so

Well that wasnt the planned development strategy. He was supposed to start as a 3rd pairing guy and break the top 4 by December according to our coach. Preseason happened and he was in the top 4 as of day 1, partly because he earned it and partly because a key top 4 piece for us, Johns, was out. He straight up looked amazing and thats why he creeped into the 22+ minutes category. However he still was a "2nd pairing" guy thanks to Kling and Lindell still holding down the top pairing.

Now with Klinger out he gets bump to almost 25 a night and with how well he started the year you could make a strong case for him being our best Dman right now or at least its a 1A and a 1B between him and Lindell. Im sure Dallas would love to lower the minutes a little bit but as of right now we legit have no choice.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Heiskanen definitely seems to be #1 over Lindell. Their TOI is the same, but Heiskanen’s minutes are arguably more important.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all too see him finish the year averaging close to 25 minutes a game. That would put him up near the top all-time for rookie defensemen since TOI started being recorded.

Reactions: LAINEC and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Possibly the biggest test of his young career today. Will be going head to head with one of Crosby or Malkin/Kessel while playing with his AHL D-partner Joel Hanley.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
And a wrister assist now. Good tip by Spezza.

Edit: Nvm looks like it was Chabot. Two goals on the game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah that assist has been changed to Heiskanen's goal!

The kid has his first career 2 goal game

Reactions: LAINEC

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oh my god he was inches from a hat trick. Threw the puck from his own end towards the empty net and it hit the post and went wide

Reactions: LAINEC

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Watched him for the first time vs. Colorado last night, and he's definitely got some great hands. He got walked like 3-4 times by COLs top line, but so have many D this year. His poise is great for his age, very active stick for a young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad