LD Jesse Pulkkinen - JYP, Liiga (2023 undrafted)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
For me this is the big revelation of the U20 tournament.

Very big, has offensive skills, very mobile, completely incredible progression.

A player who could be drafted in the 2nd round this year. Perhaps ahead of Vaisanen and Kiviharju

Jypinmies

Aug 12, 2023
Notice how I didn’t say assists.

Either way that doesn’t matter, you’re purposefully diverting the conversation. +/- is useless and is only a stat people use when they try to drive a narrative.
"Goals and points are king" What did you mean by "points"?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
"Goals and points are king" What did you mean by "points"?
you don’t know what a point is?

I’m glad to help, I‘m just surprised someone doesn’t know what a point is. Well, it’s the accumulation of both the goals and assists the player gets. Glad I could help you understand better!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Jypinmies

Aug 12, 2023

I’m glad to help, I‘m just surprised someone doesn’t know what a point is. Well, it’s the accumulation of both the goals and assists the player gets. Glad I could help you understand better!
Of course I know what they are. I'm asking if you take out goals, what is "points" if they are not assists. You said goals and points are proof of consistency in scoring. So goals and assists?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Of course I know what they are. I'm asking if you take out goals, what is "points" if they are not assists. You said goals and points are proof of consistency in scoring. So goals and assists?
Nope, not assists - not all assists are created equal. There are a lot of secondary assists out there where the player touches the puck 40 seconds before the goal was scored, therefore not contributing anything of substance to the scoring play.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Averaging 18 minutes of ice time per game with JyP since returning from the WJC. Is that a reflection on his growth as a player or an indication of the lack of depth in the JyP roster?

Was there a reason he was passed over in last year's draft?

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Averaging 18 minutes of ice time per game with JyP since returning from the WJC. Is that a reflection on his growth as a player or an indication of the lack of depth in the JyP roster?

Was there a reason he was passed over in last year's draft?
He's gotten better at executing the plays he couldn't finish on last year. I saw faint glimpses of his ability towards the end of last year that he's able to do now such as puck movement and getting good shooting looks.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He's gotten better at executing the plays he couldn't finish on last year. I saw faint glimpses of his ability towards the end of last year that he's able to do now such as puck movement and getting good shooting looks.
You could be right.

But the biggest reason is probably that JYP sucks and they had the best offensive D in Sami Niku who left for Ilves recently. That's the most certain reason to why he gets more time now.

He has potential and some very interesting tools but he's very, very raw in my opinion. Because even if he was good or decent in in the WJC's he was very inconsistent imho.
Nowhere close to earlier prospects for Finland who I've witnessed like Heiskanen, Lindell, Jokiharju, Laaksonen, Vaakanainen, Niemelä, Heinola. But can he become better than some of them further down the road except Heiskanen? Absolutely. The right franchise, right roles and opportunity etc. People just take these things for granted. If different prospects isn't generational or a sure bet elite type of prospects, then this is almost the most important thing for their development.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

Hey, chill with your black or white perspective on things and that arrogant attitude. You opinion doesn't have to be more right than others, nor does mine.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Hey, chill with your black or white perspective on things and that arrogant attitude. You opinion doesn't have to be more right than others, nor does mine.
You’re right, this player impressed me for a short tournament, he’s the next Bedard.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You’re right, this player impressed me for a short tournament, he’s the next Bedard.
Yeah, every player in every sport can score really special goals against anyone and do so more than once...

This is about Pulkkinen, not Di Iorio. But then again, you are the one believing Joni Jurmo is a sure bet NHL'er. The most hilarious thing with your posts are? That you think only others seem to be subjective and that your opinion is what, objective? Lol, you are making a f*ol out of yourself. Be my guest.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah, every player in every sport can score really special goals against anyone and do so more than once...

This is about Pulkkinen, not Di Iorio. But then again, you are the one believing Joni Jurmo is a sure bet NHL'er. The most hilarious thing with your posts are? That you think only others seem to be subjective and that your opinion is what, objective? Lol, you are making a f*ol out of yourself. Be my guest.
Show me where I said Jurmo is a sure bet NHLer?. It never happened. I said I liked his chances of being an NHL player, stark difference from proclaiming he will be an guaranteed NHL player like you believe I said.

I’m sharing my opinion. If you don‘t like how I approach that, I don‘t care. I’m not on this site to make friends. I don’t care how I’m perceived. Simple as that. You can kick rocks if you think otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Show me where I said Jurmo is a sure bet NHLer?. It never happened. I said I liked his chances of being an NHL player, stark difference from proclaiming he will be an guaranteed NHL player like you believe I said.

I’m sharing my opinion. If you don‘t like how I approach that, I don‘t care. I’m not on this site to make friends. I don’t care how I’m perceived. Simple as that. You can kick rocks if you think otherwise.
I understand that you don't care, that's why you act like an immature kid and a narcissist.
Dont' worry, I will hereafter treat your comments like they should be, air.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I understand that you don't care, that's why you act like an immature kid and a narcissist.
Dont' worry, I will hereafter treat your comments like they should be, air.
You can think whatever you want about me. I don’t care.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You can think whatever you want about me. I don’t care.
You are lying, because you responded me and didn't write a single thing about Pulkkinen nor his current situation- change of scenery and Nikus departure from JYP.

Let's hope Pulkkinen the best and that he can fulfill his potential after the latest moves and keep on working hard.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You are lying, because you responded me and didn't write a single thing about Pulkkinen nor his current situation- change of scenery and Nikus departure from JYP.

Let's hope Pulkkinen the best and that he can fulfill his potential after the latest moves and keep on working hard.
I like to get the last word off, As for you questioning my character. I don’t care.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I like to get the last word off
Well, I guess I was right about you then.

Tsemppiä Pulkiselle! Let's hope he gets drafted. Would like to see him in Flyers, Canes, Dallas, Panthers or perhaps even Arizona.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Well, I guess I was right about you then.

Tsemppiä Pulkiselle! Let's hope he gets drafted. Would like to see him in Flyers, Canes, Dallas, Panthers or perhaps even Arizona.
I agree he’ll get drafted. Might even go In the first round but that is more an indication on how weak this draft is than how good Pulkkinen is. Arizona would have no room for him. Too many defensive prospects.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Could be true about Arizona. I just thought Välimäki, Maccelli and hopefully Matikka will be there. Could make the transition easier. That's why I named some other franchises with finns, besides Flyers which is my favorite team and have a pretty bad prospect pool and weak roster.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
He was hot garbage as the No. 1 for an older JyP U20 against TPS U20 in Game 2. TPS didn’t have Koivu or Hemming either. If you follow me on twitter I posted a couple of clips. Low IQ stuff and directly responsible for goals against just like the WJC. The hype train was dumb to begin with because this draft has a dozen better options for R1 who weren’t born in 2004. Soini is not only a better defender but also a safer pick. Mitja Jokinen was 10 times better today and he’s a 2006. I get Pulkinnen is a stickhandling wizard and deadly accurate over distance but he should have been benched today. Every time he has a bad game, the follow up is either average or just as concerning. I guess I’ll give him one last chance for R2 but if he’s shit defensively for an eighth viewing I’m calling it quits on him. Hate when this happens. Such a waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad