LD Jesse Pulkkinen - JYP, Liiga (2023 undrafted)

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Jesse Pulkkinen - Eliteprospects

Giant (198 cm / 6'6") d-man with some very good offensive tools. Good mobility, hands and shot.

Was impressive at most recent U20 5 Nations tournament. (2 goals, 3 points in 4 games)

Only had 4 points in 43 games in U20 Sm-Sarja last season, but already has 28 points in 18 games this season in the same league!

Grant McCagg talking about Pulkkinen

One of his goals from 5 Nations tournament

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He was a 2023 draft eligible so these numbers are in his D+1 year. Still very impressive to be putting up those kinds of numbers in that league. Is there a Liiga call up coming for him anytime soon? Would be interesting to see how it translates against men. Doesn't seem like he's got much left to prove in the U20 league.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He was a 2023 draft eligible so these numbers are in his D+1 year. Still very impressive to be putting up those kinds of numbers in that league. Is there a Liiga call up coming for him anytime soon? Would be interesting to see how it translates against men. Doesn't seem like he's got much left to prove in the U20 league.

Jyp doesn't really have room for him in their liiga team with Niku, Honka and Eronen already playing offensive roles.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
First Mestis goal for Pulkkinen. Played 26:44 in that game. Also had an assist. I think he should already be playing in Liiga. Maybe JYP should loan him to some other Liiga team?

It's like taking a candy from a baby.

I first noticed him at the 5 nations. I saw this ogre flying up the ice and thought ''whoa who the hell is that?'' He definitely gets picked this year.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I don't know his offensive game looks insanely smooth even at Liiga level. Hopefully Jyp gives him a longer looks in Liiga before the World Juniors.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Impressive first game for Pulkkinen. Clearly showed that he belongs in Liiga. His hands are so smooth for such a big guy. Moves well too. Hopefully JYP keeps him in the lineup.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
This guy really came out of nowhere. I think he will get a Liiga spot for the rest of the season, JYP ended their contract with Nick Welsh partly to free a spot for Pulkkinen. Good skater, huge size, mean streak, great confidence.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
This guy really came out of nowhere. I think he will get a Liiga spot for the rest of the season, JYP ended their contract with Nick Welsh partly to free a spot for Pulkkinen. Good skater, huge size, mean streak, great confidence.

Malinen is also out for the season so he is now on 6th or so on their depth chart behind Winberg, Niku, Eronen, Vainio and Honka

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Definitely looks like a sure draft pick next summer. I reckon 3rd round.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I've seen very little so far but he doesn't seem to skate very well. Does shoot the puck very well though.

I'd be curious what those who've seen him more think of his skating.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I think it's very much possible, but it's a deep D class so who knows if teams would take Pulkkinen over a strong group of younger guys, but Round 1-early 2nd is looking more realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad