LD Jarred Tinordi (2010, 22nd overall, Montreal)

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Jarred Tinordi was a huge disappointment in the first half last year. He wasn't being physical, was getting beat up in fights, losing battles, and making bad play after bad play. But then he just made a huge turn around and was probably the Knights best player and a big reason the Knights finished the season on fire like they did. IMO, he is almost a guarantee to be an NHL regular and he's a huge guy with very good skating. He doesn't have the offensive upside but I could definitely see him being a top PKer, a solid hitter, and a top shut down player in the NHL for a long time. Dale Hunter is definitely doing this kid a lot of good!

Montreal fans will love him soon enough.

I too watch the Knights a lot and I agree with the first part of the year but the second half I didn't think he was that amazing. I thought he played solid but idk about that. I see him more as a good 4-5 defenseman in the NHL.

Raptactics29

Mar 28, 2007
London, Ontario
I too watch the Knights a lot and I agree with the first part of the year but the second half I didn't think he was that amazing. I thought he played solid but idk about that. I see him more as a good 4-5 defenseman in the NHL.

The little things really go unnoticed. He was a catalyst for us this season. IMO, he was at least our best defenseman the 2nd half and right there with Knight for our top player.

I too think Tinordi will be a 45 Dmen.. but a top PKer and a physical presence for a long time. He's a safe player to bet on making the NHL no doubt.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Jarred Tinordi

Habs fan here, just wondering how his developement going, does he have a good chance at making Team USA this year?

Thanks!

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Haven't seen for myself but by the sounds of it, he's much improved over last year and is a legitimate top 4 prospect.

I'd say his chances are at least decent to play in the WJC (you'd find better answer on this in the US WJC thread).

Analyzer*

He has NHL material in him. Whether it's top 4, or bottom pairing has yet to be seen. He made the team and played good-should be our number 6 at least all season long. However, he didn't play consistently well enough to stay with the habs. He and Beaulieu rotated in and out of the lineup.

Both Beaulieu and Tinordi got sent down. Lately Murray has stepped up and been the least useless between he and Bouillon. The habs have been fortunately, very healthy, so it's not giving a chance for any of Montreal's top 3 d prospects a chance to come back up and play.

Pateryn seems to be the front runner for them, but the organization seems to be pushing for Tinordi to succeed. I guess they feel a big guy who can skate and has a mean streak is more of a need than another offensive dman with size.

In short, it's hard to tell. However, it seems Montreal will have a spot open next year for 1 of the 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad