LD Jarred Tinordi (2010, 22nd overall, Montreal)

Duff88

May 7, 2002
It is draft day and there is still confusion about him. He is listed everywhere at 6'6, which would make him a monster on ice. On the other hand, the draft combine results contradict this :

Jarred Tinordi

Height (in): 75.25
Wingspan (in): 78.00
Weight (lb): 207.2
Sum of 6 Skinfolds (mm): 41.8
% Body Fat: 7.7

That would make him 6'3. So is this a mistake in the spreadsheet, or are people listing Tinordi bigger in order to make him more enticing as defensive physical specimen?

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
It is draft day and there is still confusion about him. He is listed everywhere at 6'6, which would make him a monster on ice. On the other hand, the draft combine results contradict this :

Jarred Tinordi

That would make him 6'3. So is this a mistake in the spreadsheet, or are people listing Tinordi bigger in order to make him more enticing as defensive physical specimen?

For what it's worth, I ran into him in a Subway in Mississauga near the combine that weekend and he towered over me. I'm 6'0".

ninetynine*

Jarred Tinordi

Then he isn't 6'6, that guy who says he is 6'0, might want to actually measure himself properly, men lie about their heights all the time.

Dogbert*

Hopefully, Tinordi will fill out to the 225-230 range. If he ends up as a bigger version of his dad, that'd be great.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
I can't get over looking at Mark Tinordi. I remember him during his playing days....he's huge now (and not in good way!) It's amazing how many NHL players balloon right up and get fat once they retire. I guess they're eager to make up for years of being on strict diets and training regimes (although a lot of the players who get huge after they retired played in eras where there wasn't quite the focus on training as there is for todays players

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I can't get over looking at Mark Tinordi. I remember him during his playing days....he's huge now (and not in good way!) It's amazing how many NHL players balloon right up and get fat once they retire. I guess they're eager to make up for years of being on strict diets and training regimes (although a lot of the players who get huge after they retired played in eras where there wasn't quite the focus on training as there is for todays players

Its very natural for pro athletes. When you spend so many years in such good shape and exerting yourself almost every day physically, when you change that, you will gain weight.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Its very natural for pro athletes. When you spend so many years in such good shape and exerting yourself almost every day physically, when you change that, you will gain weight.

True; I'd also add in the fact that in Tinordi's case he retired due to injuries, (which IIRC included foot or ankle injuries.)

I assume this has been posted elsewhere other than the Caps thread, but here's an article about Jarred Tinordi pre-draft and what Mark says about Jarred: “He’s worked pretty hard to get here,†Mark Tinordi said. “It was a great program for him. He went there at 174 pounds and now he’s just left there at 212 pounds. For being a tall kid at 6-5 or 6-6, that strength program was a real benefit for him.â€

and here's a follow-up after he was drafted: article link

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
jarredtinordi2010draftreedsaxon300.jpg

He looks taller than 6'3" in this picture. I'm 6'3" and this guy seems taller than I am, that's for sure.

PP Subban

Nov 9, 2006
I would have preferred the Habs to keep the 2nd round pick and draft Petrovic at 27 and Kabanov at 57.

Tinordi is a mess offensively, great defensively and pretty nasty. Seems like a Komisarek type.

ninetynine*

BINGO he is 6'5 1/2, usually rounded in major league sports to 6'6. There is no doubt. However the 2 people here who commented on their height, you may very well have lied, the average US and Canadian male is 5'9, so why did a 6'0 and a 6'3 show up, BECAUSE THEY LIED!!, of course he looks taller than you, the odds are you aren't even 6'3 when measured off shoes, off tippytoes, without rounding etc.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
BINGO he is 6'5 1/2, usually rounded in major league sports to 6'6. There is no doubt. However the 2 people here who commented on their height, you may very well have lied, the average US and Canadian male is 5'9, so why did a 6'0 and a 6'3 show up, BECAUSE THEY LIED!!, of course he looks taller than you, the odds are you aren't even 6'3 when measured off shoes, off tippytoes, without rounding etc.

He's a foot taller than me. What a fkn monster!

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Mediocre all around in terms of individual skills. He's decent defensively, but I personally dont think that makes up for the lack of hands, average skating ability and nonexistent offensive ability.

All he has is size and apparently leadership ability.

He should have been a mid 2nd rounder at best, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad