LD Jake Sanderson - Univ. of North Dakota, NCAA (2020, 5th, OTT) Part 2

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Looks like a Karlsson level skater. So much power but makes it look effortless. Like he's floating on the ice.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sanderson could turn pro, but probably back to NoDak for one more development season.
He’s too good for college hockey. I think he’s better suited for a year in the AHL. Looked a bit too easy for him in the college games I watched.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Disagree. Let him be "the man" for a year and see top pp time, top pk time and #1 pairing time. No rush.

I think he’ll get all of those on the Belleville team. I know North Dakota teaches a pro style game with their facilities and what not, but still being around your organization and being under them is a big plus.

Whatever benefit he has playing in College he has playing at the AHL level, except he’ll have tougher competition.

Wouldn’t totally be opposed to going back and dominating the NCAA though.

Reactions: PM

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think he’ll get all of those on the Belleville team. I know North Dakota teaches a pro style game with their facilities and what not, but still being around your organization and being under them is a big plus.

Whatever benefit he has playing in College he has playing at the AHL level, except he’ll have tougher competition.

Wouldn’t totally be opposed to going back and dominating the NCAA though.

College has definite benefits above the AHL, namely the time between games to train. I'd see him dominate as a sophomore and then join Belleville for a playoff run (hopefully).

Reactions: The Sweetness

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
College has definite benefits above the AHL, namely the time between games to train. I'd see him dominate as a sophomore and then join Belleville for a playoff run (hopefully).

Ah good point, didn’t think about that. He’s going to have a big off season this year.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Much of his game is already NHL level, but I've also seen him get outmuscled from time to time in the NCAA although he's good at not putting himself in that position.
Another year of getting stronger, playing big minutes in every situation and taking on a leadership role at UND is the best path for him. My opinion of course.

Reactions: albator71 and cudi

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Much of his game is already NHL level, but I've also seen him get outmuscled from time to time in the NCAA although he's good at not putting himself in that position.
Another year of getting stronger, playing big minutes in every situation and taking on a leadership role at UND is the best path for him. My opinion of course.

Very rarely that's happened with Sanderson, tbh. He does need to improve his physicality but moreso for efficiency in the NHL, he doesnt struggle at all with it in College level; and like you've said, he's very rarely in the position to get beat or positioned out.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Jake was great last night, and I'd say arguably "dominated" that game. But he didn't dominate every game, and wasn't a "dominant" player in the league. He hasn't outgrown the NCAA yet.

The Sens took him before most pundits thought he should go. It's looking (like Seider the year before) that it was a great pick. He is looking fantastic. But zero need to rush him at this point.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The Sens need to take their time with Sanderson, the rebuild is going pretty well but let's not rush him.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I would have no problems seeing him return to UND and have a hopefully huge year, including the world juniors. Go for it, then sign and get a taste of the NHL afterwards.

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I approve this message!

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
He once made a post that Kotka was a better pick than Hughes, who he said is below replacement level. Funny since Quinn pretty much had more points in his rookie season then he's had his whole career.
Habs have a few cringe worth massengails and the bag they come in.
Said nothing of the sort. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad