LD Ivan Provorov - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2015, 7th, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Kid wasn't exactly skating that fast and deserved to be caught. NHL breakaways are much faster.

Was just saying that he's not slow like some say. Still gotta finish my replay on last night's game tho. I think that was quite impressive tho, no one expects you to fly there like you would catch Stamkos on a breakaway.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As bad as some are saying he has been, he was 3rd star against RN and he has 2 points on 4 goals by Brandon. The entire team has not performed to expectations.

And let's be honest, London has a team that the others have not seen before. If they played them thru the entire season, you start to adjust and hopefully close the gap. But in the MC, there is no time for that. The speed and talent that London has is above anything the other teams have seen so far. And it is showing.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
omg this thread is ****ing hilarious with people who think they know what they're talking about. good job everyone, let's break for dinner lol

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
:shakehead.....many of you would sell your soul's to have Provorov going to your teams training camp in September ;)

Can confirm. Jets need another LHD. Wish could get Provorov. Would make proposal post to discuss but would have to overpay. Don't know Flyer's LHD situation well enough but can't imagine they are exactly overflowing with guys of Provorov's caliber either.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Kid is a 19 year old dman and people are quick to call him overrated and trash his play after 2 games against the 2 best CHL teams who dominated his team ... The comparisons to Doughty, Keith, Josi etc. just set him up to fail. He still has room to grow but his potential is huge and is arguably still the best defense prospect in the world. The only other prospect in his tier that could be rated higher in Werenski.

Kid is bloody 19 ... it's almost like he's not a finished product and needs to develop more.

Mar 12, 2009
Kid is a 19 year old dman and people are quick to call him overrated and trash his play after 2 games against the 2 best CHL teams who dominated his team ... The comparisons to Doughty, Keith, Josi etc. just set him up to fail. He still has room to grow but his potential is huge and is arguably still the best defense prospect in the world. The only other prospect in his tier that could be rated higher in Werenski.

Kid is bloody 19 ... it's almost like he's not a finished product and needs to develop more.

Welcome to the Prospects board...

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

The ability to slow down the play, evade defenders, and make a breakout pass/play from behind your goal line is a trait I admire so much in Dmen. Provorov is constantly doing it. It's too bad he won't be eligible for the AHL next year (I don't think, unless there's some import rule).

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Since he has already reached his peak, is there a chance Philly is willing to deal him before he starts slowing down too much?

CdnFan

Apr 9, 2016
:shakehead.....many of you would sell your soul's to have Provorov going to your teams training camp in September ;)

Based on previous scouting reports, I most certainly would have been in the camp you mentioned prior to this Memorial Cup.

Not sure I would say that at the moment.

Hoping the kid picks it up again in next game as I'm sure he's disappointed with how things have gone so far.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Typical, kid has a rough few games that are actually televised and now he is over rated. Let's forget about the body of work existing for the last two years and cast judgement solely on a few games.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Based on previous scouting reports, I most certainly would have been in the camp you mentioned prior to this Memorial Cup.

Not sure I would say that at the moment.

Hoping the kid picks it up again in next game as I'm sure he's disappointed with how things have gone so far.

:biglaugh:

So you went from being willing to sell your soul for a prospect "based on scouting reports"... then you watched two games in the Memorial Cup and you've soured on the prospect?

If your perception of a prospect (any prospect, not just Provorov) is influenced that much by two games, well, I think it says more about the value of your opinion than the value of the player you're evaluating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad