LD Ivan Provorov - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2015, 7th, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
He's also not exactly dynamic on the PP, neither real big nor real fast. He's still a very good player but I never saw the top pairing or #1 D projections in him.

This game is definitely on Provorov. i mean he's single handidly getting owned by the Knights on every play. he cost them every goal. they've danced around him a hundred times and he's turned the puck over a ton.......oh wait none of that has happened. the knights as a team is just a 100x faster then the Kings and their pp is deadly props to them. Knights are impressive especially Dvorak who's lethal around the net

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Provorov was...not good. But this narrative that he was as awful as the score idicates is just plain wrong. He was still doing Provorov things, even playing as a shadow of his usual self. He was chiefly to blame for a couple goals; he was flustered. But his teammates didn't even show up. And when they did show up it was to hang him out to dry. If he had a mediocre game, his teammates had an all-world stinker of a game. If he had played like his usual dominant self, they'd still have been blown out epically.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I doubt anyone remembers him. He was only a star in the NHL for 16 years who retired a few years ago, nobody remembers that type of player.

Zubov retired from the NHL 2008-2009 playing only 10 games. His true last NHL season was 2007-2008 Closer to a decade ago than a few years. Apparently some do need reminding. And most who recall Zubov may agree Provorov has many positive traits that resemble the great Zubov. If he can come close to matching Zubov's career, then the Flyers will have done extremely well as some predicted for Provorov.

Does Provorov have a chain smoking habit too?

I can't confirm or deny Provorov is a smoker or not. But knowing how intelligent he is when it comes to his preparation for the game. I would side that he does not.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Provorov was...not good. But this narrative that he was as awful as the score idicates is just plain wrong. He was still doing Provorov things, even playing as a shadow of his usual self. He was chiefly to blame for a couple goals; he was flustered. But his teammates didn't even show up. And when they did show up it was to hang him out to dry. If he had a mediocre game, his teammates had an all-world stinker of a game. If he had played like his usual dominant self, they'd still have been blown out epically.

Certain annoying fan base that team has sucked for the last 15 years.... finally has been awarded with some good prospects. God their going to be annoying over the next few years if these kids become good NHLers..... Hopefully Morin,Sanheim,Ghost, Myers and Provorov can become an elite unite.

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
Certain annoying fan base that team has sucked for the last 15 years.... finally has been awarded with some good prospects. God their going to be annoying over the next few years if these kids become good NHLers..... Hopefully Morin,Sanheim,Ghost, Myers and Provorov can become an elite unite.

Agreed.

We're talking about the Coyotes right??

:laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
:laugh:
London is amazing but Marner owning Provorov.....sure maybe your mixing up #10 with 93
I said that they were matched up on Marner which is true, both were the LHD assinged to stop the RWer Marner, but you seem to have a problem with the Leafs fan base. So whatever.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Zubov retired from the NHL 2008-2009 playing only 10 games. His true last NHL season was 2007-2008 Closer to a decade ago than a few years. Apparently some do need reminding. And most who recall Zubov may agree Provorov has many positive traits that resemble the great Zubov. If he can come close to matching Zubov's career, then the Flyers will have done extremely well as some predicted for Provorov.

I can't confirm or deny Provorov is a smoker or not. But knowing how intelligent he is when it comes to his preparation for the game. I would side that he does not.

I think he needs to come up with a new game plan in preparing for another match up against Marner, Dvorak and Tkachuk if Brandon somehow makes the finals. Don't you often speak of how important it is for big players to show up when it counts most. Provorov is a great prospect and a player that I like and enjoy watching, but I was expecting much more from him thus far in the Memorial Cup.

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
He's been garbage in the Memorial Cup so far. Played terrible.

It's not like he's been noticeably worse than every Brandon dman, but this is Ivan Provorov, the #1 dman on many peoples boards last year, who had a fantastic draft +1 year.

Provorov has the skill to be much, much better than he has been. We're talking about a player who's going to walk into a top 4 NHL job next year.

Granted, it's only a 2 game sample size.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's been garbage in the Memorial Cup so far. Played terrible.

It's not like he's been noticeably worse than every Brandon dman, but this is Ivan Provorov, the #1 dman on many peoples boards last year, who had a fantastic draft +1 year.

Provorov has the skill to be much, much better than he has been. We're talking about a player who's going to walk into a top 4 NHL job next year.

Granted, it's only a 2 game sample size.

Game 1 he was solid except for a crazy bank goal by Meier where he was off him a bit. Not sure what people were watching against RN where he didn't play well.

This game he was indeed mediocre, but if he was a piece of garbage, then his teammates were the Garbage Compactor on the Death Star. He has the skill to be better, but when your teammates leave you out to dry or fail to do anything time and time again, it's pretty damn hard. Even in this **** show, hard as it was to see, he still made many good plays and competed hard the entire game. He just needs to forget this game.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That offside play by Provorov was embarrassing. :laugh::laugh:

Guy skates up the ice and decided to do a drop pass once he is already in the zone, he realizes his mistake and tries to straddle the blue line but he isn't even close and it looked like he tweaked his groin.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That offside play by Provorov was embarrassing. :laugh::laugh:

Guy skates up the ice and decided to do a drop pass once he is already in the zone, he realizes his mistake and tries to straddle the blue line but he isn't even close and it looked like he tweaked his groin.

Or you know, it's a set play they do a ton on the PP, and he simply had trouble stopping at full speed and lost his footing. :facepalm:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think he needs to come up with a new game plan in preparing for another match up against Marner, Dvorak and Tkachuk if Brandon somehow makes the finals. Don't you often speak of how important it is for big players to show up when it counts most. Provorov is a great prospect and a player that I like and enjoy watching, but I was expecting much more from him thus far in the Memorial Cup.

Sure he has to play better. But I am sure the team as a whole disappointed. I did not watch the game tonight. Watched the Raptors instead. Looks like I made a good decision on that one.

All I will say, is Brandon can still make the semi final. I was reminded tonight that Edmonton went into the semi final with a 1-2 record. They underperformed in the round robin also. But ended up as Memorial Cup champions over Guelph. Brandon needs to play better, and their is still time for this to occur. Led by Provorov I agree, he is their best player. He has done it before with Team Russia.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

That's pretty rich considering that some Flyers prospects (NAK, Myers etc.) are getting the ESPN LeBron/Curry treatment on here.

Anyways, you can't place this game on Provorov. London was way too focused and composed.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He had a rough game, but it was a 9-1 beatdown. Brandon were brutally outclassed, everyone on the team looked bad. You can swap Provorov with any other CHL dman, and they likely get similarly abused in this game.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If he is this slow in the NHL, he will not be able to use his best assets, he will be picked apart like tonight..He needs to improve his footspeed.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
If he is this slow in the NHL, he will not be able to use his best assets, he will be picked apart like tonight..He needs to improve his footspeed.
I'm not sure how he did tonight but he can catch you on a breakaway at least.

I'm watching a 15min condensed game video of the game and gotta say something about that 4th goal. Someone said Provorov stopped skating, what? He skates hard to the moment where Marner already passes the puck to Tkachuk and Provorov isn't going to catch him so he realizes he has to take the possible rebound and Marner is that guy so he slows down. I think he did the right thing but the pass never was cancelled and the rebound never was there so I don't know how you can blame it on Provorov.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad