LD Gustav Forsling (2014, 126th, VAN; traded to CHI)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If say something around Brian Campbell it's about right, I've only seen him play at the world juniors though

Ya it's crazy.. alot of Hawks fans consider him one of their top 2 prospects. I've read he is a krug/vatanen type but who really knows

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Ya it's crazy.. alot of Hawks fans consider him one of their top 2 prospects. I've read he is a krug/vatanen type but who really knows

I can see the Krug/vatanen comparison, but I feel he'll he won't be just a ppqb, he has a great first pass and good on breakouts, he can pretty well and can use his stick effectively, I just really see the offensive flair of what Krug and vatanan have

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I can see the Krug/vatanen comparison, but I feel he'll he won't be just a ppqb, he has a great first pass and good on breakouts, he can pretty well and can use his stick effectively, I just really see the offensive flair of what Krug and vatanan have

thanks.. sounds like just a impressive all around player.. could run a PP and pretty much do everything. Hopefully he gets a chance sooner rather than later with Chicago. I realize it all depends when he is NHL ready and we all know Hawks don't ever really rush their young guys

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
When I saw him play in the WJC, I knew he was an NHL player.

He'll see time with the Hawks, and it's a question of who he displaces and how.

Just a smart smart player. Confident with the puck. Thinks the game very well, and is a good sturdy skater.

Canucks really screwed up with this deal.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
When I saw him play in the WJC, I knew he was an NHL player.

He'll see time with the Hawks, and it's a question of who he displaces and how.

Just a smart smart player. Confident with the puck. Thinks the game very well, and is a good sturdy skater.

Canucks really screwed up with this deal.

So is he a krug/vatanen type? Or is he more of a Hampus Lindholm type?.. haven't seen him play but by reading articles and comments, he seems like an extremely good prospect

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
So is he a krug/vatanen type? Or is he more of a Hampus Lindholm type?.. haven't seen him play but by reading articles and comments, he seems like an extremely good prospect

I think he is more a vatanen type but at this point I don't know if he has the offensive flair and dynamicness that Vatanen had at the same age. Vatanen's hands and skating are better, but I feel that Forsling plays better D at this point. Forsling probably has the better shot as well but he reminds me more of Vatanen/Krug at this point. He could skate better, but his pivots on D are just beautiful and his gap control and his ability to close quickly on people entering the zone and deny zone entries is Hjalmarsson like.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
It's doubtful that he'll stick with the Hawks this year after their recent signings. He might get a few games to start the season, but I'd almost guarantee he'll head back to the SHL for most of the season.

This is probably true. The additions of Campbell and Kempny blocked both Pokka and Forsling from having a major role on the Hawks this year.

Keith-Hjalmarsson
Campbell-Seabrook
Kempny-TVR
Rozsival

Pretty tough top-6 to break into, assuming Kempny is as-advertised.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think he is more a vatanen type but at this point I don't know if he has the offensive flair and dynamicness that Vatanen had at the same age. Vatanen's hands and skating are better, but I feel that Forsling plays better D at this point. Forsling probably has the better shot as well but he reminds me more of Vatanen/Krug at this point. He could skate better, but his pivots on D are just beautiful and his gap control and his ability to close quickly on people entering the zone and deny zone entries is Hjalmarsson like.

I think your cutting him short he will be a gem i think could be one of the better dmen in the league after a few years hes just that good at a lot of aspects of the game. Chicago has a GEM in there hands that was given to them for Crapdenning

:shakehead Benning

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Vatanen? He is more of a Lidstrom type of player, nothing flashy but smart, or has he change playstyle now during the summer?

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
This is probably true. The additions of Campbell and Kempny blocked both Pokka and Forsling from having a major role on the Hawks this year.

Keith-Hjalmarsson
Campbell-Seabrook
Kempny-TVR
Rozsival

Pretty tough top-6 to break into, assuming Kempny is as-advertised.

On top of that there will also be Gustafsson and Svedberg waiting in the wings; both of whom played significant time last year with the Hawks.

I see Rozsival there as a mentor for Kempny and can't imagine he sees much time (although coach Q has a man-crush on him)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think your cutting him short he will be a gem i think could be one of the better dmen in the league after a few years hes just that good at a lot of aspects of the game. Chicago has a GEM in there hands that was given to them for Crapdenning

:shakehead Benning

No I agree completely, He's a gem, but I'm saying as of right now what is he at the NHL level. That is my opinion.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Forsling has top 4 potential, but Chicago imo would be best served letting him marinate in the AHL for a few years. He still needs to get faster, stronger, and iron out his two-way game. No need to rush him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Forsling has top 4 potential, but Chicago imo would be best served letting him marinate in the AHL for a few years. He still needs to get faster, stronger, and iron out his two-way game. No need to rush him.

I kinda just assume he will be in minors for a few years since being in Hawks organization

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Forsling is NHL ready now, and would have himself a spot on the roster if it wasn't for the additions of Campbell and Kempny.

Hawks brass are seemingly very high on him (former ESPN writer Scott Powers has made mention of this several times recently). He was one of the most impressive players in prospect camp, and the sole issue he had (his skating) has improved tremendously since the Hawks acquired him.

In my mind, he's the heir apparent to Keith. Won't happen anytime soon, but Forsling has the highest potential of any of our defensive prospects and has made huge strides every year. He just needs to keep progressing in a positive direction.

Also, he's going back to the SHL. Doesn't seem too interested in playing in the AHL and I'm okay with that provided he gets an important role for Linkoping this year.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
This guy is one of the most underrated prospects. There just isn't anything I don't like about his game, he does it all. Defensively he uses his stick very well to break up plays. He also has that ability to make huge defensive plays when his team is in a dangerous situation. We don't even got to get into his offensive game because it's simply top notch.

Chicago going out and picking him up speaks volumes. Chicago has some of the best guys in the business and they seen something in Forsling that others hadn't yet.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This guy is one of the most underrated prospects. There just isn't anything I don't like about his game, he does it all. Defensively he uses his stick very well to break up plays. He also has that ability to make huge defensive plays when his team is in a dangerous situation. We don't even got to get into his offensive game because it's simply top notch.

Chicago going out and picking him up speaks volumes. Chicago has some of the best guys in the business and they seen something in Forsling that others hadn't yet.

Then why didn't they pick him

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad