LD Anton Silayev - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024 draft)

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
The position is precisely what makes Eiserman 2 and Celebrini 1 even though they have the same level. But the others are much weaker. Very probably, the team that selects No. 2 (Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose, Seattle, Ottawa...) will likely be a team that has a young No. 1 center to complement Eiserman.
Lindstrom, Silayev could easily ascend to #2 with their size if they keep progressing.

Helenius? Hard to ignore what he’s doing.

It’s not even Christmas yet. I’m intrigued by the top 7 or so of this class and don’t think #2 is set in stone by any means

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I look at 2-9 as very interchangeable. im not saying all 8 will go before 9 there is always a suprise. Silanev, Leyisnov, dickson seem to be the top 3 d imo maybe Parek might sneak in there. i think most teams look at 2 way d with size is better then elite off d. on the forwards in no order, Demidov, eiserman, catton, helanius, lindstrom. sorry about the spelling. im close enough. my opioion on this draft is like last draft they had a 1A+ 3 1A and then 5 or 6 1B. this draft has 1 1A and 8 or so 1B. I think the top 3-4 in this draft is not as strong as last year. 5-10 might be stronger.

2023 NHL Mock Draft | NHL Projected Lines this sit updates every few days.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Lindstrom, Silayev could easily ascend to #2 with their size if they keep progressing.

Helenius? Hard to ignore what he’s doing.

It’s not even Christmas yet. I’m intrigued by the top 7 or so of this class and don’t think #2 is set in stone by any means
The level gap is too big with Eiserman. If they are ahead of Eiserman for size issues then they will be ahead of Celebrini. You have to be logical.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
The level gap is too big with Eiserman. If they are ahead of Eiserman for size issues then they will be ahead of Celebrini. You have to be logical.
Level gap of what? Eiserman has not been head and shoulders above the others this year. He scores goals. Everyone knows and has known he can do that. What else can he start doing moving forward?

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Level gap of what? Eiserman has not been head and shoulders above the others this year. He scores goals. Everyone knows and has known he can do that. What else can he start doing moving forward?
Yeah, I'm not sure where Dirtyf1ghter is getting his evaluations. Nobody is saying Eiserman is in the same tier as Celebrini and Eiserman has a negative buzz around him at 2OA... Seems to be primed to slide because he hasn't developed his game yet this year beyond what everyone already knew.

Silayev is intriguing because he shot up the rankings due to his start, and raw potential, but hasn't done much but be stable in his minutes since then.

Reactions: Blueston

Blue Chip Prospect

Feb 9, 2019
Montreal
Eiserman is a player with very complete qualities. He just specialized in scoring but he's not just a sniper.

I don't see examples in recent drafts of a scorer like Eiserman. He has excellent skating, protects his puck very well, and gets involved in physical play.

The position is precisely what makes Eiserman 2 and Celebrini 1 even though they have the same level. But the others are much weaker. Very probably, the team that selects No. 2 (Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose, Seattle, Ottawa...) will likely be a team that has a young No. 1 center to complement Eiserman.
I think you're right that Eiserman is a more complete player than given credit for.

Lots of people look at the goal scoring pace and think well he's a sniper, which is fair and which he is. But I think he does a lot more than just post himself out in a pocket and shoot the puck. Obviously he's a phenomenal goal scorer so the puck will naturally go to him to finish plays but he's an underrated player in other facet like the physical elements of his game and an underrated passer imo.

His bread and butter will always be scoring goals but he brings more than just that.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I think you're right that Eiserman is a more complete player than given credit for.

Lots of people look at the goal scoring pace and think well he's a sniper, which is fair and which he is. But I think he does a lot more than just post himself out in a pocket and shoot the puck. Obviously he's a phenomenal goal scorer so the puck will naturally go to him to finish plays but he's an underrated player in other facet like the physical elements of his game and an underrated passer imo.

His bread and butter will always be scoring goals but he brings more than just that.
This is a weird series of assertions you guys are making on a Silayev thread...

Reactions: Blueston

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Eiserman is much more than a scorer. He is by far the best player in USDP.
A very skilled scorer, who works, who is physical, who has a very high hockey IQ... Very rare.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Hagens was invited to the US World Junior camp, not Eiserman.

I know but that doesn't change my assessment. It's not always the best who are called. I honestly think that born 3 weeks later, Eiserman would be ahead of Hagens (currently), despite his wing position in the 2025 draft. Hagens was probably on the list because USA is short on centers. USA favored older players. I think Eiserman and Hagens are already better than Terrance and Hayes. All other players play in the NCAA. I think we would have a different estimate of Eiserman if he played in the NCAA elsewhere.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
NHL Central scouting has him at 6'7" 211lbs making him a bean pole, so it's good that he can still lay down a solid hit like that. I guess a 6'7" bean pole still outweighs a lot of fwds.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
NHL Central scouting has him at 6'7" 211lbs making him a bean pole, so it's good that he can still lay down a solid hit like that. I guess a 6'7" bean pole still outweighs a lot of fwds.
Yes, average weight in NHL is around 200lbs.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It takes time for that type of tall players to add those muscles, if we look at Zdeno Chara as the example of that type, then he was taller, but at about the same weight at that age.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I recall Tyler Meyer was listed about or under 205 in his draft year. Just gives Silayev more projection. Giants like Myers, Hedman, Chara all gained about 25-40 pounds in their careers.

Reactions: coooldude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad