LD Anton Silayev - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024 draft)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This is the closest thing we will ever get to a real life Dustin Rose

Maybe it's a Russian psyop to weed out all the fake scouts

• Haha
Reactions: JAVO16

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah. 7th in my summer ranking (just after the 2022 Draft).

And still initially 6th but I followed the influence of Pavel Buchnevich (the one from the site) who was strong on Stramel.
I remember I saw a game or two of Carlsson in 2021-2022 in the SHL unknowingly and I thought he was an under the radar for 2022 Draft that I hadn’t heard of. Ever since then I had him pegged as a top 5 for 2023. Didn’t expect him to go over Fantilli though.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Your participation on the site essentially amounts to belittling players of Russian and Belarusian nationality.

Demidov in the 1st round is such a no-brainer. Silayev was unknown until then because no one has access to Russian hockey outside of KHL/VHL/MHL.

But in general, a defender who has a full season under 18 in KHL - that's 1st round.

The idea of seeing him very high like Simashev last year is not surprising.

Silayev's profile is so rare.
I don't go to Demidov thread, because he is not overrated, while Michkov's last season, or the 5 games of Silayev this year are. I am not here to go after russians just because I am mean to them or smth.

As for my participation on the site, well, previous years I was watching lots of hockey, Now, that I am older and have more bills to pay I watch less, so essentially some NHL, some SHL and some KHL and thats that. SHL just started, nothing to discuss yet, NHL is on vacation at the moment, what else should I speak about if not KHL-related stuff?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Agree with the potential, I was watching the points he scored and the defenders are just standing there like pylons in those clips playing beer league-level effort defense. I found this odd considering its the second best league in the world.
It is not the 2nd best league anymore, level has decreased seriously. Another thing is that the teams are just coming off from the summer break.

Reactions: Blueston

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I don't go to Demidov thread, because he is not overrated, while Michkov's last season, or the 5 games of Silayev this year are. I am not here to go after russians just because I am mean to them or smth.

As for my participation on the site, well, previous years I was watching lots of hockey, Now, that I am older and have more bills to pay I watch less, so essentially some NHL, some SHL and some KHL and thats that. SHL just started, nothing to discuss yet, NHL is on vacation at the moment, what else should I speak about if not KHL-related stuff?
Michkov overrated with a top cursus since a long time ago.... You would say the same thing about Simashev last year dude. Top 4 Def in KHL at 17 yo with 200cm... dude...

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
This guy has really intriguing size and strength package. Good mobile shut-down d with #2-#3(Erik Johnson lite type of a guy maybe if everything hits) projection early on if this keeps up. Likes to jump to help offence. Decent on the own zone. Always prefers safe option instead of flashy plays on his own zone. Did not really use long first passes to get out of own zone. Not afraid to use his strength and doesn't really puck watch. I am not sure yet if he is naturally really a point producer, usually just a guy who gets the second assist most of the time.

Pretty good early first impressions early on for me. Lot of good stuff for his frame. I expect his production to calm down but due to the way he plays, he is probably gonna play full season(or close to full) in KHL. Coaches tend to like his kind of guys and playstyle.

Around 5-7 rangeish for me right now.

Last edited:

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Laughing my ass off at "Erik Johnson lite." If everything hits Silayev is "Erik Johnson lite," which I take to mean a third pairing scrub.

If everything hits!
I meant that during the early Erik Johnson days before injuries & after draft. Not the last part of the career.

He was first overall after all.

I even mentioned that I liked him so I don't exactly see what the problem is or what you want him to be? Clear first overall?

Hot start for the guy though but I don't see it being sustainable.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How does a guy go from 10 points in 59 MHL games in 22-23 to 6 points in 6 KHL games in 23-24?

6 points would be a good result for an entire KHL season. Don't think I've ever seen this kind of a season-to-season jump by a player. Of course, he's 17 years old but still.

And yeah, KHL is now weaker than it used to be, but not that much weaker.

6 points in first 6 KHL games.
Btw, the KHL best result for U18 dmen is 10 points per season.
Nah, before this the record was 2 points. This already is the new record.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I even mentioned that I liked him so I don't exactly see what the problem is or what you want him to be?

Hopefully more than Erik Johnson-lite. One of the more disappointing hot shot prospects in my time.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
How does a guy go from 10 points in 59 MHL games in 22-23 to 6 points in 6 KHL games in 23-24?

6 points would be a good result for an entire KHL season. Don't think I've ever seen this kind of a season-to-season jump by a player. Of course, he's 17 years old but still.

If he were assigned to a strictly defensive role, it's possible. In the recent past Romanov and Simashev were in the same situation at one point in their careers.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

10 points this is Tarasenko. He should break the U18 record.

It's so crazy. In 6 games, he went from unknown to a credible profile to be number 1 in the draft.

Chronic or ephemeral ?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
It is not the 2nd best league anymore, level has decreased seriously. Another thing is that the teams are just coming off from the summer break.
You’re backtracking so hard man just watch the player play if you’re gonna have such a hard stuck opinion on a player

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
On the contrary, with the decrease in the number of teams, the level of the KHL has risen.

The level of Russian hockey is also significantly higher than it was 10 years ago.

With the ban on Russian selections, we will often discover Russian prospects in the last 12 months before the draft

ijuka

May 14, 2016
10 points this is Tarasenko. He should break the U18 record.

It's so crazy. In 6 games, he went from unknown to a credible profile to be number 1 in the draft.

Chronic or ephemeral ?
Tarasenko isn't a defenseman, he's a forward.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Hopefully more than Erik Johnson-lite. One of the more disappointing hot shot prospects in my time.
he screwed up his knee after his rookie season (allegedly playing polo on a golf cart while intoxicated) and his development curve never really recovered after missing the entire year as a result.

He was still a good player, peaked as an all-star one year (a borderline one) but never fully regained his form

Reactions: Fantomas

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
On the contrary, with the decrease in the number of teams, the level of the KHL has risen.

The level of Russian hockey is also significantly higher than it was 10 years ago.

With the ban on Russian selections, we will often discover Russian prospects in the last 12 months before the draft
1. Decreased? Jokerit and Riga out Lada in? Is that what you mean by decrease?
2.Level of russian hockey is significantly higher? Thats why 37yo Radulov is still the best player, sure
3.Usually, we knew about russian top talent before they moved to NA. I mean, there are kid tournaments in Russia you know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad