GDT: Lazy GDT: 2/17/18 - Capitals @ TankHawks 7:30 CT on WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why are people clapping? Do they not know who Rasmus Dahlin is and how this game reduces our chances at drafting him????

Who we kidding here, we are not getting him, this team will be picking 6-16, they might go on a run and win a few games just to miss the playoffs by like 4 points just to piss everyone off...

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Nice effort

Caps were 3-0-2 coming into the game .... guess they had their clinker coupled with some solid effort by the Hawks

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i left at the end of the 2nd period and i am extremely happy that the good guys won. goes to show the team does have the talent to make the other teams hesitant when they will face the Bhawks.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Nice effort

Caps were 3-0-2 coming into the game .... guess they had their clinker coupled with some solid effort by the Hawks

They were probably drinking last night all hung over playing a crappy team so not really prepared, every team in the league has a game like this once a blue moon, although happy with the performance I am not really impressed...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
i left at the end of the 2nd period and i am extremely happy that the good guys won. goes to show the team does have the talent to make the other teams hesitant when they will face the Bhawks.

One game doesn’t prove anything and I can guarantee you no team is “hesistant” or pissing their pants when they face the Hawks, I am can tell you that with the highest confidence.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Vegas only has the Capitals favored at..... -110?????

Caps atop the Metro division, and a decent 5-2-3 in their last 10. And the Hawks....... yeah. :facepalm:

And this is why I stopped betting years ago. :laugh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
One game doesn’t prove anything and I can guarantee you no team is “hesistant” or pissing their pants when they face the Hawks, I am can tell you that with the highest confidence.
the "hesitant" that i made is in reference to teams coming to play the Bhawks and expecting an easy win. i will support this pov by pointing out the first couple of weeks of this season. the team has proven they have the talent, the puzzling problem is what happen since. the "what happen" still needs to be fix, in the meantime let the team find their way with what ever the rest of the season has left for them.

Last edited:

Cement Head

I'm tired, I only had 16 hours of sleep!
Dec 23, 2017
I think most outside observers are baffled about the performance of this Hawks team. They are severely under performing. There is no reason why they can't score three goals a game, yet they have been shutout many times this year. They were having this problem before Crawford was injured. Yes they have AHL caliber goalies but they still should be at least eighth in the Conference. This team is just complacent, the core and Q are content and they don't have the hunger to win and this attitude permeates downward. This is a continuance of the 2017 Playoffs with Nashville. Q has made a lot of money thanks to Toews, Kane, Seabrook and Keith and probably thinks he can't be critical of them. This is human nature, this is why very successful coaches ultimately get fired.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, I’m not reading that article but those people are pathetic to taunt a player. I saw it on NHLN. What the hell you taunting him for, he’s one of the genetic elite and they looked like people I see at the grocery store.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
4 Blackhawks fans ejected after throwing racist taunts at Devante Smith-Pelly

I was like 20 rows above all this. Really disappointing. I'm happy they were ejected. Hawks fans really can be the worst sometimes and it's embarrassing.
I'm all for being nice. Yelling "basketball" at a black hockey player isn't nice. It's not egregious ... but it's not called for. Furthermore, it's not funny.

That said, I hope Barry Trotz is also furious at his own city for allowing a team to use the name "Redskins." That's not nice either.

What's worse? Yelling "basketball" at a black hockey player OR screaming "redskin" at a Native American. Note: I completely understand why the 4 fans were ejected for yelling "basketball."

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Missed the game and good to see we finally won. Did we play that well? or did the Caps simply stink?

Just watched the game on PVR. Here are a few thoughts:
- Yes Caps were sluggish but we saw an excellent example of how good Hawks can be when they own the puck
- Hawks gap control and tenacity were big factors in this game
- Toews had 3 points I think but his offense isn't great, however, he and his line contained Ovi beautifully. I don't think Ovi had a shot on net, and you can't say that very often
- Strong games by many Hawks
- Hartman, Hino stood out. It was good to see what Hartman can do when he's engaged and sticking to hockey. It's been a while.
- Schmaltz still forcing low percentage passes rather than just getting the puck to the net. I counted at least 6 last night.
- Cat showed his great hands on his goal after a lovely saucer pass by 38. It was probably the only good look he had last night. One can only imagine how he'll do when our new coach puts Kane and Cat on the same line. 40 goals plus, I reckon
- Cat did get smoked a few times. He needs to be wary as the intensity level will amp up down the stretch and he will be targeted.

Reactions: BrianE

ProphetofthePuck

Dec 2, 2017
I thought last night's game was just what the individual points doctor needed ...Think we are going to see a career high and a push to reach statistical career points averages ... Along with two 30 goal season

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
- Toews had 3 points I think but his offense isn't great, however, he and his line contained Ovi beautifully. I don't think Ovi had a shot on net, and you can't say that very often
It's the first time in his whole career where he didn't have a shot attempt.

Reactions: BrianE

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Yelling "basketball" at a black hockey player. Easily.
There's supposed to be a major discussion about this in the GDT and the regulars in the politics section are calling the fans discussing it, idiots, morons, etc.

Where's this section? I don't see anything bad here.
Anyway, the fans in that section are getting called all sorts of names and I was curious what all the fuss was about.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
There's supposed to be a major discussion about this in the GDT and the regulars in the politics section are calling the fans discussing it, idiots, morons, etc.

Where's this section? I don't see anything bad here.
Anyway, the fans in that section are getting called all sorts of names and I was curious what all the fuss was about.
There was a thread on the main boards about it that got locked. That's where the majority of the conversations came from.

And having read just a page or two from that thread, I certainly understand why the political group would be talking about some of the posters as idiots or racists.

I haven't bothered reading the political boards thread on the matter, but there are several quality HF Hawks members that I know who post there that'd find the comments by those four fans as unacceptable.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
When Hartman really throws the body around that is when he is at his best offensively as well..the last few games Hartman has been involved all over the ice, that is the player he needs to be..when he isn't hitting he takes a back seat offensively as well..hopefully he is seeing what he can do when he is engaged and thrashing people out there!!!

Reactions: migi

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It was good to see Hino back to playing like he can and the puck following him as it usually does when he's on his game, and that's the Hartman I want to see more of. That pass to Cat on the 2 on 1 was a thing of beauty. Now let's get Fortin up here and see if he can belong.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would rather see a few others before Fortin. Highmore being the first.

Seems like Raddysh has looked good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino