Recalled/Assigned: Lawrence Pilut emergency recall (3/24/19)

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I hope he doesn't get the Antipin treatment.
Antipin showed next to nothing and was gifted an opening night spot that felt obligatory, not deserved.

We were clamoring for him to play because the D corps as a whole was abysmal and tough to make worse... “might as well” kind of thing.

BUT....Every time he played, he got ragdolled in the corners and in front and was a sure fire bet to take a minimum of one penalty a game. His decision making wasn’t fantastic, either.

Did teams kick his tires this offseason but he was so turned off by the one year that he rocketed back home? Or did they see what the team saw and he generated no interest? I don’t remember.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Scandella injured, also has 1 yr left after this one. Wouldn't surprise me if they move Scandella in the off season and re-sign Beaulieu for another yr for 2.6 or 3 million. They have to be looking longer term for McCabe and freeing up that 4 mil from Scandella in addition to Moulson and Pominville coming off the books affords flexibility toward re-signing Skinner, Girgs, Larsson and getting Pilut ready to slot in next season makes sense.

These ELC's, young guns in the pipeline and those draft picks along with assets acquired by moving guys like Scandella will pay longer term dividend on competitiveness. Botterill is doing one hell of a job so far.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I've heard it pronounced PI-lut (English pilot) and PI-loot in Swedish broadcasts. It may be because of differing dialects, but I understand that the 'u' in Swedish is typically similar to 'oo'.

Pilut is an American name though, most Swedish announcers tried to pronounce it like that.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Tail-in-dur or Tuh-leen-dur?

Lid-man or Lood-man?

Sheery or Sharey?

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I always assumed it was Pee-loot until this preseason, but that's probably because Spanish is the only language I know other than English, and that's how it would be pronounced in Spanish.

/thinly veiled brag about knowing another language

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Saw-keer-uh or Sec-er-uh
WvDMHRI.gif

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
/thinly veiled brag about knowing another language

I took high school Spanish and know the pronunciation, but it'd be a far cry from claiming I could speak it (which is a damned shame since I live in Texas now.... let that be a lesson you, kids. Pay attention in school! :D )

Abraham de Lacy

Is is "Pee-lut", "Pie-lut", or something different entirely? I can't remember from pre-season.

Coming from Sweden I have -- as far as I can recall -- mostly heard it pronounced as "Pe-lut".

However, there are many dialects of Swedish and as always .. it varies. Pilut as in air-plane pilot also happens, but I think he himself would pronounce it "Pee-lut" if he was back home. Many Swedes anglicise their pronunciation when they move to England/North America.

For what it is worth .. Cheers!

[edit]: after some consideration I changed the pronunciation to "Pe-Lut" as the "e" needs to be shorter.

Last edited:

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
PLEASE stop posting in this thread until he's playing! I get excited every time there is a new post
and it always turns out to be his name pronunciations.

The only person I want to here his name form is RJ !!!!!

Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I called this as soon as they announced Scandella was playing. They just wanted him around for insurance. The Amerks certainly miss him tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad