Latvia at Olympic qualification

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Could be,aslo i think our guys are underestimating the british

yeah then it's very hard to get back up in gear...like Denmark vs Italy last WC

3-1 Latvia......should bring more calm to players and fans alike.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
How can we not have one better D than Rekis? Unbelievable. Also, M. Redlihs was really miserable today.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well there is GalviņÅ¡,but it seems Nolan doesnt want him on the team.

I forgot him, Galvins indeed is a bit better overall, but his personality probably offsets his "on ice" superiority. If these games weren't that important, I'd give chance to some HK Riga youngster, whichever is the closest to being a pro (Porejs?).

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I forgot him, Galvins indeed is a bit better overall, but his personality probably offsets his "on ice" superiority. If these games weren't that important, I'd give chance to some HK Riga youngster, whichever is the closest to being a pro (Porejs?).

Porejs has really impressed me,as iv`e said earlier he could turn into a solid shutdown-defenceman.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
6:2 win over GB,can't say i'm pleased it could have been alot more

Yeah well 6-2 shows more offensive promise in comparison with Denmark's 2-0 win over a depleted Ukrainian team (essential Ukrainian B). So 6 goals is solid though it could have been more, but letting in 2 goals against GB is maybe the most worrysome when playing the Kazakh's tonight!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah well 6-2 shows more offensive promise in comparison with Denmark's 2-0 win over a depleted Ukrainian team (essential Ukrainian B). So 6 goals is solid though it could have been more, but letting in 2 goals against GB is maybe the most worrysome when playing the Kazakh's tonight!

yeah but one of those was on 3 on 5 pk and one of those was just a silly mistake,probably because of the nerves.So if you look a bit deeper its not all bad.
It`s the discipline that worries me.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
GB almost catching France....from 0-3 to 2-3, then France probably settled the match with 4-2. France must be very disappointed with their performances so far!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
GB almost catching France....from 0-3 to 2-3, then France probably settled the match with 4-2. France must be very disappointed with their performances so far!

Yeah that why hockey is great,ya know? It`s unpredictable. Remember what horror stories you told me about France before tournament,Justinov?:laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah that why hockey is great,ya know? It`s unpredictable. Remember what horror stories you told me about France before tournament,Justinov?:laugh:

Yeah....they havent been playing at all the level what they did last year. They still have one match to change it around though. If you beat Kazakhstan they can still take it winning over you (if they get best goal difference), so nothing is settled.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah....they havent been playing at all the level what they did last year. They still have one match to change it around though. If you beat Kazakhstan they can still take it winning over you (if they get best goal difference), so nothing is settled.

Yup few lucky bounces,few lucky shots and your off to olympics,it`s anybodys game (well except for GB :D)
The same with your group Slovenia,Denmark,Belarus,all have the chance to qualify.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yup few lucky bounces,few lucky shots and your off to olympics,it`s anybodys game (well except for GB :D)
The same with your group Slovenia,Denmark,Belarus,all have the chance to qualify.

I think its safe to say that Denmark-Slovenia and Latvia-Kazakhstan will be games with a lot of nervousness attached :laugh:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Of course, they once again felt overconfident and allowed KAZ to score. What a lame performance once again.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
They kept it as a surprise when it really matters ;)

I think they can manage without surprises in the tournament. A dedicated performance and professional attitude would do just fine, Leave surprises for WCH, against teams like Finland, Canada...

Our players are falling asleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad