Latvia at Olympic qualification

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So our projected roster goes something like this

Mikelis Redlihs (KHL,Lokomotiv) -Janis Sprukts (KHL,CSKA)- Lauris Darzins (KHL,AK bars)
Miks Indrasis (KHL,Dinamo Riga) -Andris Dzerins (Dinamo-Riga)- Martins Karsums (KHL,Dinamo Riga)
Roberts Jekimovs (Sm liiga) - ??- Martins Cipulis (KHL,Lev prague)
?? - ?? -??

Arturs Kulda (Novosibirsk Sibir,KHL) - Sandis Ozolins(Mytischi Atlant,KHL)
Oskarss Bartulis(Donbass Donetsk,KHL) - Georgijs Pujacs (Avangard Omsk,KHL)
Martins Porejs (Dinamo Riga) - Krisjanis Redlihs (Dinamo Riga,KHL)

Edgars Masalskis (Yugra,KHL)
Maris Jucers (Dinamo Riga,KHL)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So our projected roster goes something like this

Mikelis Redlihs (KHL,Lokomotiv) -Janis Sprukts (KHL,CSKA)- Lauris Darzins (KHL,AK bars)
Miks Indrasis (KHL,Dinamo Riga) -Aleksejs Sitokovs (NL-B)- Martins Karsums (KHL,Dinamo Riga)
Roberts Jekimovs (Sm liiga) - Maris Bicevskis (Dinamo Riga,KHL) - Martins Cipulis (KHL,Lev prague)
Vitalijs Pavlovs (Dinamo Riga,KHL) - Gunars Skovrcovs (Dinamo Riga,KHL) -Elvijs Biezais(Dinamo Riga,KHL)

Arturs Kulda (Novosibirsk Sibir,KHL) - Oskars Bartulis (Donetsk Donbass,KHL)
Krisjanis Redlihs (Dinamo Riga) - Georgijs Pujacs (Avangard Omsk,KHL)
Martins Porejs (Dinamo Riga) - Mariss Jass (DEL,Scorpions)

Edgars Masalskis (Yugra,KHL)
Maris Jucers (Dinamo Riga,KHL)

It sounds potent. :handclap:
Now we just need to see how it looks. France will be the nut to crack, since they maneged to beat the swiss last WC.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I like how our D looks, good mix of experience and youth, all the ******* have been wiped out, but those bottom six forwards are a bit too extreme for my liking, even though fortunately, there's no Koba this time around.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I like how our D looks, good mix of experience and youth, all the ******* have been wiped out, but those bottom six forwards are a bit too extreme for my liking, even though fortunately, there's no Koba this time around.

Well i cant predict accuratley who will/wont play in our bottom 6,Nolan probably has his own strategy picking bottom 6.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Why no Vasiljevs? 2nd line center looks like a huge hole in this lineup.

He retired from the International play a while ago. C position has been our problem for last 15 years, we're used to it.

eluu

Jan 9, 2012
Dzerins is playing. probably will center one of the first 3 lines.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
My prays have been answered, Ivanans isn't on a roster, that's all I care right now.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
news-TRVQWiqz6U.jpg

That's all.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
But it looks like Mikelis got injured again,how come when he was playing in Dinamo Riga he didnt get injured not one time,but when he came to loko he gets injured in the first season more than in previous alltogether?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
But it looks like Mikelis got injured again,how come when he was playing in Dinamo Riga he didnt get injured not one time,but when he came to loko he gets injured in the first season more than in previous alltogether?

Is Mikelis Redlihs ready or still uncertain. He is afterall the offensive dynamo of Latvia, so with the form of some of the french players right now he will be needed!

The french are coming:
Damien Fleury just had a hattrick for Södertälje.
23G 14A in 43 matches. Number 8 in Allsvenskan.

So they have 1 SEL (Bellamere), 2 Allsvenskan (Fleury + Hecquefeuille), 2 Sm-liiga (Auvitu + Bertrand), 2 Czech Extraliga (Treille brothers), 2 NLA players (Pivron + Morant) + Division 1/Allsvenskan (Guttig).

At least you will avoid: Flourent (AHL/NHL), da Costa & Sauvé (AHL) and future french star Tim Bozon (WHL).

In goal perhaps old NHL'er Cristobal Huet, now in NLB [how can France and Slovenia have Stanley Cup champions, while Denmark still hasn't :laugh:]

hehe just want to scare you a little, but it wasn't a fluke they beat the Swiss last WC - they are getting better.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Is Mikelis Redlihs ready or still uncertain. He is afterall the offensive dynamo of Latvia, so with the form of some of the french players right now he will be needed!

The french are coming:

So they have 1 SEL (Bellamere), 2 Allsvenskan (Fleury + Hecquefeuille), 2 Sm-liiga (Auvitu + Bertrand), 2 Czech Extraliga (Treille brothers), 2 NLA players (Pivron + Morant) + Division 1/Allsvenskan (Guttig).

At least you will avoid: Flourent (AHL/NHL), da Costa & Sauvé (AHL) and future french star Tim Bozon (WHL).

In goal perhaps old NHL'er Cristobal Huet, now in NLB [how can France and Slovenia have Stanley Cup champions, while Denmark still hasn't :laugh:]

hehe just want to scare you a little, but it wasn't a fluke they beat the Swiss last WC - they are getting better.

I saw the game where Miķelis got injured,he wasn't carried out with a strecher but it was a nasty head shot,he was still on the bench after the hit but it looks like it was a bit too severe to continue(btw ozoliņÅ¡ scored in that game) anyway with ozoliņÅ¡ returning to our NT i'm more confident in our success than ever.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I saw the game where Miķelis got injured,he wasn't carried out with a strecher but it was a nasty head shot,he was still on the bench after the hit but it looks like it was a bit too severe to continue(btw ozoliņÅ¡ scored in that game) anyway with ozoliņÅ¡ returning to our NT i'm more confident in our success than ever.

So if it gave him concussion he will be out; and it does take some time to really know.
But you are right..Ozolins is the second best thing to boost confidence after promise of divine support, right :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So if it gave him concussion he will be out; and it does take some time to really know.
But you are right..Ozolins is the second best thing to boost confidence after promise of divine support, right :D

Well its no coincidence he has been the captain of the Latvian NT,Atlant Mytischi and Dinamo Riga. Some people just have the talent of beein the natural leader.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Found the preliminary french roster here:
http://www.bienpublic.com/sport-local/2013/01/17/nicolas-ritz-une-belle-marque-de-confiance

Les joueurs sélectionnés (selected players).

Gardiens (Goalies):
Huet (Lausanne, NLB)
Lhenry (Rouen, LM)
Hardy (Angers, LM)

Défenseurs (Defenders):
Amar (Grenoble, LM = Ligue Magnus, France)
Auvitu (Jyvaskyla, SM-liiga)
Bachet (Amiens, LM)
Hecquefeuille (Karlskrona, Allsvenskan)
Besch (Cracovie, POL)
Manavian (Innsbruck, EBEL)

Attaquants (Forwards):
Bellemare (Skelleftea, SEL)
Claireaux (Amiens, LM)
T. Da Costa (Tychy, POL)
Desrosiers (Rouen, LM)
Fleury (Sodertalje, Allsvenskan),
Guttig (Tranas, Division-1 Sweden),
Henderson (Angers, LM),
Meunier (Straubing Tigers, DEL),
Raux (Mulhouse, LM)
Ritz (Dijon HC, LM)
S. Treille (Sparta Prague, Czech Extraliga,
Y. Treille (Chomutov, Czech Extraliga).

+ 2 joueurs à choisir parmi une liste de 18 remplaçants.
Two more will be chosen from a list of 18 substitues (if my french is correct).

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Found the preliminary french roster here:
http://www.bienpublic.com/sport-local/2013/01/17/nicolas-ritz-une-belle-marque-de-confiance

Les joueurs sélectionnés (selected players).

Gardiens (Goalies):
Huet (Lausanne, NLB)
Lhenry (Rouen, LM)
Hardy (Angers, LM)

Défenseurs (Defenders):
Amar (Grenoble, LM = Ligue Magnus, France)
Auvitu (Jyvaskyla, SM-liiga)
Bachet (Amiens, LM)
Hecquefeuille (Karlskrona, Allsvenskan)
Besch (Cracovie, POL)
Manavian (Innsbruck, EBEL)

Attaquants (Forwards):
Bellemare (Skelleftea, SEL)
Claireaux (Amiens, LM)
T. Da Costa (Tychy, POL)
Desrosiers (Rouen, LM)
Fleury (Sodertalje, Allsvenskan),
Guttig (Tranas, Division-1 Sweden),
Henderson (Angers, LM),
Meunier (Straubing Tigers, DEL),
Raux (Mulhouse, LM)
Ritz (Dijon HC, LM)
S. Treille (Sparta Prague, Czech Extraliga,
Y. Treille (Chomutov, Czech Extraliga).

+ 2 joueurs à choisir parmi une liste de 18 remplaçants.
Two more will be chosen after of a list of 18 substitues (if my french is correct).

ON PAPER certainly not a better team than us,but really it`s going to be close.I just hope we can gather all our forces to win this and i have to pray that Mikelis injury is nothing serious.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB

The french are coming:

You forgot Antoine Roussel who scored his 1st NHL goal the other day with Dallas,
Texas stars were going to let him go to Oly Q.....but now that he's up in the show?
Tim Bozon...is he the son of the Bozon that starred for France in the 90's and played some with St Louis Blues?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
You forgot Antoine Roussel who scored his 1st NHL goal the other day with Dallas,
Texas stars were going to let him go to Oly Q.....but now that he's up in the show?
Tim Bozon...is he the son of the Bozon that starred for France in the 90's and played some with St Louis Blues?

Sorry actually meant Roussel as the french NHL player (and wrote Flourent instead.....????? whereever that name came from :laugh:). But goal in the NHL debut match is pretty great....interesting if he will join the french squad?
Tim Bozon is the son of Phillipe Bozon from St Louis Blues, the biggest french hockey star with Cristobal Huet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad