TV: Last TV Show Episode You Watched and Rate It (Part I)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just curious, but those who have enjoyed Luck so far... have you spent much time around horse tracks?

I grew up around them (my Uncle has owned and raced dozens of horses), and just couldn't get into it at all. Will still watch the next few episodes, but it was painful for me.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Lost Girl, episode 1, I think.

It was alright. As a D&D geek, I found the premise intriguing, and will likely watch another episode or two, at least.

6/10

Protest the Hero

Mar 13, 2011
Ontario
Just curious, but those who have enjoyed Luck so far... have you spent much time around horse tracks?

I grew up around them (my Uncle has owned and raced dozens of horses), and just couldn't get into it at all. Will still watch the next few episodes, but it was painful for me.

Never been around horse racing, and I'm enjoying it so far, as much as you can enjoy a show where nothing really important has happened yet.

It's the only real problem I have so far, but I found Boardwalk Empire pretty boring at first as well.

What was painful about it?

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Misfits Series 1-3, 9.5/10

Great show, didn't know if I would get some of the british humor in it but i found myself laughing at most of the things Nathan and Rudy did and said. A little disappointed with the finale of season 3 but I'm still looking forward to series 4.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Deadwood = 9/10. Canceling this was as big of a crime as canceling Arrested Development. This show could've been up there with Six Feet Under and The Wire.

FLCL = 7/10. The trippiest show I've ever enjoyed.

After finishing Deadwood and FLCL, I've been trying out some pilots:

Lost and Heroes = 6/10. Meh, I think I'll stop here.

Louie and Twilight Zone = 7/10. Interesting, but I prefer serialized shows.

Just got Game of Thrones, Carnivale, and Homeland. Dexter s6 and Boardwalk Empire s2 are on the way as well. I'm saving The Sopranos for the summer.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Luck - Episode two

7/10

I can barely hear any of the dialogue in this show, I actually had to turn subtitles on. If it isn't due to the accents, it's Notle's character speaking in a low grumbly voice, or Hoffman's character failing to enunciate his words. Not to mention all the gambling/horse racing lingo that I haven't quite learned yet. I like where it's going so far, and it's HBO.

Is there an official thread for Luck yet?

I don't even know what's going on with it. Like what is the point of it and what is Ace? Is he working for the mob boss, does he want to take over? There's not enough character development and a thin plot. I didn't like either episode, I'll watch the next few, but I can't see myself making the whole season

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Six Feet Under: Season 5 - 4.5
I didn't expect that type of ending for some reason-- I think some of the aging effects they used looked kind of dated, but it was very effective and emotional anyways.

It's a great series, but for something whose appeal is based on how personally affecting, honest about life, and relatable it is, it did feel a bit too eventful/there seemed to be too much drama going on for one family over 5 years for it to completely suspend your belief.

Overall series: 4.5
Season 1: 4.5
Season 5: 4.5
Season 2: 4
Season 4: 4
Season 3: 3.5

Favorite Character: Claire, Nathaniel Senior
Least Favorite Character: Ruth

I don't think it's quite on the same level as The Wire, though.

Last edited:

kovatroll*

Haven: Episode 2.13. 4/10

First off I hadn't even realized there was a 13th episode to the season I had though it ended back when the summer shows ended and the fall schedule started up.

Then it didn't even make sense, episode 12 goes from climatic fade to black standoff (and maybe gunshot), unless I missed another episode, to suddenly its Christmas and everything makes even less sense. Apparently it's been renewed all ready, but I think they were trying to kill the show.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Downton Abbey, Series 2

Not as good as the first series, but still enjoyable.

7.5/10

Nature's Great Events (2009)

Pretty good BBC documentary series. I think the 'diary' segments they did at the end of each episode were my favourite part of it. Was really cool getting a behind-the-scenes look of the camera crew and how they were able to get such amazing shots.

8/10

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Trailer Park Boys, Season 1 and 2

Doing a re-watch of TPB. I think it gets a bit better in the next few seasons but these early seasons were pretty good. Only complaint would be the lack of Bubbles in season 1.

8.5/10

Southland, Season 1

Heard good things about this show so decided to check it out. I found it to be just okay so far. Not really the spiritual successor to The Shield that I was hoping it was going to be. The season 1 finale was pretty good though so I'll continue with it.

7/10

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer

My grandfather dragged me around to the horse track all time, so I'm up on some/most of the lingo. The parts I don't understand I'll blame on the foreign component.

The Wire - Mission Accomplished: 9/10; great ending to a great season (one that equals BB's 2nd season as one of the best in TV history). And for the first time with this show, I actually look forward to the next season.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Weeds Season 7 - 7/10

I wish the writers would have kept the simplicity and comedy of seasons 1-3. It's all drama now with a little comic relief by Ted. I found myself liking this season better than seasons 4-6 but the plot seemed to jump like the writers couldn't decide which one they wanted to continue. I kind of hope season 8 is the last season.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Southland, Season 2

Could be it just took me a while for me to start liking some of the characters, but I found this season to be a fair bit better than S1. Glad I stuck with this show though, there were some really good episodes in this season.

8.5/10

Southland, Season 3
8/10

Trailer Park Boys, Season 3
9/10

kovatroll*

The episode of That 70's Show with this:

Makes it a 10/10.

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
The first 3 episodes of the second season of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

4/10

I watched the first season a long time ago and thought it was alright. A bunch of friends that came and visited two weekends ago couldn't stop talking about it and told me to watch it. These episodes just weren't funny, and they weren't an intellectual smart either which is what I think quite a few people claim the series to be.

I've always found the YouTube clips of the show to be entertaining.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
The Sopranos S02E11 - House Arrest:

I've seen it a million times but I tend to go through Sopranos' episodes because they are just that good. This episode has one of my favorites scenes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad