TV: Last TV Show Episode You Watched and Rate It (Part I)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Game of Thrones: Season 1 - 4 or 4.5/5
Great stuff. Especially love the way they handle the act breaks/cliffhangers before every episode ends. They're dramatically significant, but never feel cheesy and eye-rollish at all, unlike even alot of great shows like Breaking Bad and Lost.

I like how they never go overboard with the fantasy stuff, but while I enjoy the number of characters in different places that get developed, it feels like Sean Bean's side of the story is the only one that develops at a compelling rate, and the b*sterd son/Dothraki side of things seem to meander on a bit too much.

I like the Dwarf character the most.

Last edited:

kovatroll*

The episode of Clone High with this . Shame the show didn't last longer, it was better than most the popular more mature cartoons that last .

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Breaking Bad: Season 4 - 3.5

Finally saw season 4. Like the rest of Breaking Bad, it was a blast and addictive as hell, but the best show of all time claims are a bit much, IMO. The show is really polished, well thought out, well written, and perfectly put together, but I don't get any bigger lasting feeling out of it-- It's alot of thrills and holy **** moments chained together that only results in entertainment but nothing else for me.

I preferred season 3 by a lot. There were so many more memorable/amazing off-the-wall moments, fewer missteps, and what I thought was a stronger (for me more unexpected) finale.

I think currently Louie is a much better show than Breaking Bad is, personally, and I don't think it can even carry The Wire's jockstrap (not many shows can).

Favorite scene was Walt going nuts in the basement. The death scene at the end was way too cartoonish for my liking, but still cool, I guess. The bell thing worked well, but it really is the first thing you would guess to happen.

Did they plan to resolve the Ted thing next season, or did I miss something?

1. Season 3 - 4
2. Season 4 - 3.5
3. Season 2 - 3.5
4. Season 1 - 3

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The League: Season 1 - 2.5

It was okay. Pretty fun, but for some reason, even though the whole "unattractive fat guys with super-model wives" thing doesn't usually bother me with other shows, it really bothers me in this one, probably because I don't find these characters very likeable in the first place, and these homely-ish (and I find macho-loser-ish) characters are written as if they did really well. I was really rolling my eyes at that episode with the receptionist.

Plus, I kind of think fantasy sports/pools are stupid in the first place in general, so there's not much to connect with there.

The wife that helps one of the characters is really hot, though, and they really try to sell that.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Workaholics: Season 1 + 2 - 8/10
Pretty funny show that got better as it went on. It's pretty hit and miss with some episodes being absolutely hilarious while some other episodes are fairly mediocre.

member 151739

Boy Meets World, And Then There Was Shawn.

If you don't think is perfection, we are not friends.

10/10

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Community: Season 3 - 2.5 or 3
That last episode won me back over I think.

1. Basic Lupine Urology
2. Cooperative Calligraphy
3. Remedial Chaos Theory
4. Mixology Certification
5. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
6. A Fistful of Paintballs
7. For a Few Paintballs More
8. Introduction to Finality
9. Modern Warfare
10. Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas

Last edited:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Men At Work s1 e3 (new sitcom on TBS) - This show's pretty bad. An episode about two of the four best friends having a threesome (with that WWE chick who's Clooney's gf). The show just isn't funny at all. I did get some laughs but they're all so cheap and stupid. Don't bother with this

May/early June are a pretty rough period on TV if the only thing you watch is sitcoms sadly.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
I thought this thread was about episodes, not seasons :help:

Doctor Who, season 2, episode 1: 6 / 10.

There was a way too huge jump between the ending of season 1 and the first episode of season 2. Felt kinda random.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
It's pretty dumb to just rank singular episodes, especially for heavily serialized shows.

Mad Men, Season 1 (re-watch)
Still really good, but it wasn't until season 2 (which I'm currently in the middle of) that it hit its stride.
4.5/5

Mad Men, Season 5
While not perfect, it had some of the best episodes of the shows entire run. Pretty much the best thing on TV atm.
5/5

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Big Bang Theory: - Season 5 - Episode 24

Saw a clip of it on youtube which ruined a little bit of it but it was still a fantastic episode In my opinion. The banter between Leonard and Penny was brilliant and I especially loved the part where during the wedding ceremony Sheldon asks Penny if she would like some Aloe Vera because "you just got burned".

8/10

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
AGT Episode 707
9.5/10

That cannon stunt was amazing and there were several good singers. Plus, having Howard Stern is a huge improvement over Piers Morgan, which is something I didn't think I'd say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad