"Last Night's Attendance" Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Apparently, the people trying to tear other fans' teams away from them to move them to Winnipeg have a new spokesperson, and are launching a new campaign around her.

fantasyland.jpg

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Three invoices total with the 1st two rounds on the first invoice. I think the first payment was due by around the 2nd-3rd week of March; then 3 weeks later round 3 and about the same interval after that round 4 was due.

11 years of successive shutouts ended at the Joe last night, in a series that everyone believes will be very exciting. 19,200 was the announced attendance. The capacity at the Joe is 20,066.

The ticket office did develop some features that allowed STH's to sell their tickets through the Wings office, even reprinting their tickets so that they could be picked up at the Will Call (nice feature about the bar codes). After seeing the empty seats last night, I'm fairly certain that the economy here - which is worse than bad - has forced a lot fans away. A family of 4 would be looking at $400-500 just for tickets.

Ouch. The timing of the first two rounds being invoiced is what we've got here in Buffalo but to be invoiced for round 3 even before the playoffs, or maybe barely into round one, seems a little rough.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
$95-$180 face value for the first round. STHers get a discount if they put down a deposit for next year.

It's actually as high as 220 face value for rinkside, 100 Preferred and Club level seating.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
Buffalo fans got screwed, no tickets were on sale to the public...I ended up having to buy a ticket on stubhub in the 300 lvl for $140 for the game coming up on saturday

All these season ticket holders buy extra playoff tickets and then sell them on ebay :banghead:

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
i will enjoy it very much as i plan on watching our future team the nashville predators!!!or as we call them, the regurgitators:sarcasm:
Hmm, and here I thought you Peggers were supposed to be all "sensitive" and not want other fans to suffer like you all did. Guess not! And you wonder why you don't get much sympathy around here. :shakehead

Buffalo fans got screwed, no tickets were on sale to the public...I ended up having to buy a ticket on stubhub in the 300 lvl for $140 for the game coming up on saturday

All these season ticket holders buy extra playoff tickets and then sell them on ebay :banghead:
I can sort of understand giving first crack at the extras to STHs as a nice perk, but it sounds like most of them end up on eBay so other people can finance their season tickets. They should hold out some tickets just so people who can only afford to catch a game or two don't get completely screwed.

mucker*

And 8 other pro sports teams AREN'T cutting into the Devils' attendance?

Excuses, excuses, first it's the location, now the market, give me a break.
Show me the stats that weekend games draw a lot better?

There is no excuse for no sell outs, and for not selling out playoff games until the cup finals, unless you play a New York or PA team.

With your mindset maybe we'll find the WMD.

mucker*

Yikes, the Devils drew only 14.5K for a playoff game. Bad arena or not, that's pathetic.

Right, 2K short on a weekday, I could give you a break if you sell out normally on weekends, but this is a habit and it's annoying to hear all two of their fans complain about transit or 8 other teams, enough already.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
Hmm, and here I thought you Peggers were supposed to be all "sensitive" and not want other fans to suffer like you all did. Guess not! And you wonder why you don't get much sympathy around here. :shakehead

I can sort of understand giving first crack at the extras to STHs as a nice perk, but it sounds like most of them end up on eBay so other people can finance their season tickets. They should hold out some tickets just so people who can only afford to catch a game or two don't get completely screwed.

It also doesn't help that the Sabres are playing a team close to home. The NHL requires that teams set aside tickets for the visitors in the playoffs. If those tickets go unsold, they are allowed by the home team to be distributed to the public, but I'm sure Islanders fans snatched those up, being that close.

mucker*

It also doesn't help that the Sabres are playing a team close to home. The NHL requires that teams set aside tickets for the visitors in the playoffs. If those tickets go unsold, they are allowed by the home team to be distributed to the public, but I'm sure Islanders fans snatched those up, being that close.

If you knew geography you would know the Islanders are nowhere near Buffalo.
Go to yahoo.
I suppsoe Washington fans don't know mapquest any better than hockey.

MoMiester

Oct 26, 2006
Ok. Again. They released tickets this week that were orignially reserved for the opposing team and broadcast company. At the time of selling individual tickets, there came a point where there were no tickets available, thus the sell out. Yes, there are singles left now, but that developed well after everyone who could purchase were told they could not.

Thanks for you concern. Enjoy your Jets playoff game tonight.

Exactly, it happens in every city and would happen in Winnipeg ....if they had a team. Talk about cherry picking and not knowing much or refusing to understand reality.

MoMiester

Oct 26, 2006
"By and large our attendance remains a strength of this game and this year was no exception," Bettman said. "Which is why it was so frustrating for me at the beginning of the year when I had to keep defending the fact that attendance wasn't a story. And again, this is a testament to the great fans that we have. We're grateful."

- Gary Bettman
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=203501&hubname=

Yep, with having to give out over a million freebie tickets, attendance in the NHL obviously isn't a story.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

The Apologists will obviously soak in the Bettman agenda's lies, as it's to their benefit, so they can believe the teams they follow are actually viable.

The real markets know the truth !!

How many of these freebie's were given to sponsors who actually paid thousands$$ if not millions $$ to be a sponsor. Get that info and then post. Till then, your post means nothing.

Edmointon gave so few because they have such a small arena and can't. Oh, I forgot, MTS is 1600 less than Rexall. Where does that leave Winnipeg ?? :help: Go Moose !!!!!

If the NHL returned to Winnipeg, the wives would have to buy season tickets just to see games. Every player will rush to play there !!!!!

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Game 1s

Anaheim 17,180 (100%)
Atlanta 18,857 (100%)
Buffalo 18,690 (100%)
Ottawa 19,611 (100%)
Nashville 17,133 (100%)
Vancouver 18,630 (100%)
Detroit 19,204 (96%)
New Jersey 14,495 (76%)

97% average

Very surprised about Detroit I figured there would be problems getting a ticket. And the last one, that is just embarrassing, the business model of that team and the pricing or something is just very off

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Game 1s

Anaheim 17,180 (100%)
Atlanta 18,857 (100%)
Buffalo 18,690 (100%)
Ottawa 19,611 (100%)
Nashville 17,133 (100%)
Vancouver 18,630 (100%)
Detroit 19,204 (96%)
New Jersey 14,495 (76%)

97% average

Very surprised about Detroit I figured there would be problems getting a ticket. And the last one, that is just embarrassing, the business model of that team and the pricing or something is just very off

Hopefully that ends next year with the new arena.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006

You'd be surprised how far the NYC teams are from Buffalo. It seems to be a common misperception that the fans bases are close to each other but in terms of cities Buffalo is closer to Detroit,Columbus,Pittsburgh,Philadelphia, Toronto and depending on time at customs Ottawa and Montreal are shorter trips then the 6 hrs and 38 minute drive from Buffalo to NYC .(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...53,-76.442871&spn=3.826188,10.217285&t=k&om=1) Of course a good number of Islander fans are actually on the island farther away.

As for the Islanders fans snatching up the tickets the Sabres released tickets, for yesterdays game in the morning and already released and sold out the tickets that were set out for tommorow nights game (though that part is per the Sabres fourm). I saw the occasional Islander fan last night but I'd be shocked if they sold even half of what they were given.

BTW, what price level do these seats have to be set aside in? I know that based on the CBA rules about where players can be given/sold tickets it's in what is 100 Level II for Sabres ticket purposes. Is this where the Islander fans would get their tickets as well or can they be put upper corners of the 300 Level?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Right, 2K short on a weekday, I could give you a break if you sell out normally on weekends, but this is a habit and it's annoying to hear all two of their fans complain about transit or 8 other teams, enough already.

I was going to respond to some of your earlier posts, but I guess it's clear at this point that you're just trolling.

Anyway, I'm glad to see NJ's attendance issues piss you off. Fact is, with the new arena set to open in October the team isn't going anywhere for a long, long time...if at all. Keep the complaints coming...it's quite amusing.

mucker*

You'd be surprised how far the NYC teams are from Buffalo. It seems to be a common misperception that the fans bases are close to each other but in terms of cities Buffalo is closer to Detroit,Columbus,Pittsburgh,Philadelphia, Toronto and depending on time at customs Ottawa and Montreal are shorter trips then the 6 hrs and 38 minute drive from Buffalo to NYC .(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...53,-76.442871&spn=3.826188,10.217285&t=k&om=1) Of course a good number of Islander fans are actually on the island farther away.

As for the Islanders fans snatching up the tickets the Sabres released tickets, for yesterdays game in the morning and already released and sold out the tickets that were set out for tommorow nights game (though that part is per the Sabres fourm). I saw the occasional Islander fan last night but I'd be shocked if they sold even half of what they were given.

BTW, what price level do these seats have to be set aside in? I know that based on the CBA rules about where players can be given/sold tickets it's in what is 100 Level II for Sabres ticket purposes. Is this where the Islander fans would get their tickets as well or can they be put upper corners of the 300 Level?

From what I understand there may have been 10 Isles fans there.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
As a heads up ... since today is officially the end of the 2006-07 regular season, this thread will "self-destruct" in 7 days. Make whatever points you want between now and then, we're not dragging this out all spring and summer.
48 hours.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Game 1s

Anaheim 17,180 (100%)
Atlanta 18,857 (100%)
Buffalo 18,690 (100%)
Ottawa 19,611 (100%)
Nashville 17,133 (100%)
Vancouver 18,630 (100%)
Detroit 19,204 (96%)
New Jersey 14,495 (76%)

97% average

Where's hawker?

"DETROIT TO WINNIPEG! No city that can't sell out a playoff game deserves to have an NHL team! Winnipeg would've sold out!"

What's funny though is that New Jersey probably made a lot more money at 76% capacity than Winnipeg ever could at 100% capacity in the MTS Centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad