"Last Night's Attendance" Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
You'd be surprised how far the NYC teams are from Buffalo. It seems to be a common misperception that the fans bases are close to each other but in terms of cities Buffalo is closer to Detroit,Columbus,Pittsburgh,Philadelphia, Toronto and depending on time at customs Ottawa and Montreal are shorter trips then the 6 hrs and 38 minute drive from Buffalo to NYC .(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...53,-76.442871&spn=3.826188,10.217285&t=k&om=1) Of course a good number of Islander fans are actually on the island farther away.

As for the Islanders fans snatching up the tickets the Sabres released tickets, for yesterdays game in the morning and already released and sold out the tickets that were set out for tommorow nights game (though that part is per the Sabres fourm). I saw the occasional Islander fan last night but I'd be shocked if they sold even half of what they were given.

BTW, what price level do these seats have to be set aside in? I know that based on the CBA rules about where players can be given/sold tickets it's in what is 100 Level II for Sabres ticket purposes. Is this where the Islander fans would get their tickets as well or can they be put upper corners of the 300 Level?

I'm well aware that it's about a 6-7 hour drive to NYC from Buffalo, but that's how far it is for some teams to their nearest divisional rival. I plan on making the 6 hour drive to NJ to catch a couple of playoff games, and I'll be driving from DC to all kinds of places in PA for AHL playoffs.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
Please do not repeat this thread without noting a) the average ticket price each team charges and the average ticket price each team brings in from sales, b) the amount of comp tickets each team gives away "for free" and c) the fact that announced attendance figures do not represent the number of fans that actually attend the game(s).

I have strongly rejected this type of analysis as irrelevant to the business of hockey as long as I've posted here, but alas, if it can't be stopped or people can't be educated by all means continue. I will not, however, be any part of it. :shakehead

GHOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad