Last Man In Vote: Send DP57 to the All Star Game

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

QrRBJXg.gif

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I'm doing my part, but last night's game being on national TV certainly didn't help Perron's case to win out over Makar.
Well the NBC guys said before the game that Perron absolutely deserves to go.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I thought Ranksu's pic was just a joke, note the tab at the end. Either way, not something that really bothers me.

upload_2020-1-6_11-21-28.png

Reactions: MissouriMook

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Alright, it seems we need to cover some ground today.

1) Nobody here has immunity from the mods.

2) Calling other posters trolls publicly, whether the title is "earned" or not, is a clear violation of site rules. You all know better, and the hypocrisy of calling out someone else that you believe to be breaking a site rule while doing that very same thing yourself shouldn't be lost on any of you, either.

3) There is sometimes a fine line between trolling and teasing (or otherwise displaying an "edgy" sense of humor). One is generally intended to be destructive or nasty (trolling) to the community/person it is directed at, and one generally isn't, even if it can be provocative at times. Going to another team's board to make fun of their team and shove your team's success in their face is classic trolling. You don't belong to the community that you are trolling, and you are intentionally acting in a destructive and nasty way towards that community. Playing a prank within your own community is generally not interpreted the same way, as one's goal is generally not to poison the community to which you belong and actively contribute to. The burden of proof standard is higher, with the benefit of the doubt being given more often than not. The goal is to prevent intentional toxicity, not to make this a "no fun zone" where anything even remotely edgy or controversial is not allowed.

People will sometimes have different interpretations of the same event, even among moderators. Heaven knows my wife and I have different interpretations often enough when I tease her. It's a shades of gray area, and we do our best to manage this community in a way that maintains some semblance of order without stifling the voices and personalities of those who participate in these conversations...which is one reason why I'm attempting to use this as a teaching moment instead of just purging the conversation and infracting a handful of posters who are clearly invested in this community.

Bottom line: It's not on you as users to dictate what is considered trolling and what isn't, and it certainly isn't your place to pass public judgment on another user. If you have questions or concerns about someone's behavior, report the content in question or send a PM to a moderator. If we have to go through this again, I'm going to skip the explanation phase and move right into the purge/infract stage.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Has anyone heard when the league plans to reveal the ASG jerseys? My kid has been asking me this twice a day for the last two weeks and I can't find anything anywhere. Seems like something they would have done at the Winter Classic.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Has anyone heard when the league plans to reveal the ASG jerseys? My kid has been asking me this twice a day for the last two weeks and I can't find anything anywhere. Seems like something they would have done at the Winter Classic.
It was January 9 last year for a game that was on the same weekend. So I'd assume a couple days.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Alright, it seems we need to cover some ground today.

1) Nobody here has immunity from the mods.

2) Calling other posters trolls publicly, whether the title is "earned" or not, is a clear violation of site rules. You all know better, and the hypocrisy of calling out someone else that you believe to be breaking a site rule while doing that very same thing yourself shouldn't be lost on any of you, either.

3) There is sometimes a fine line between trolling and teasing (or otherwise displaying an "edgy" sense of humor). One is generally intended to be destructive or nasty (trolling) to the community/person it is directed at, and one generally isn't, even if it can be provocative at times. Going to another team's board to make fun of their team and shove your team's success in their face is classic trolling. You don't belong to the community that you are trolling, and you are intentionally acting in a destructive and nasty way towards that community. Playing a prank within your own community is generally not interpreted the same way, as one's goal is generally not to poison the community to which you belong and actively contribute to. The burden of proof standard is higher, with the benefit of the doubt being given more often than not. The goal is to prevent intentional toxicity, not to make this a "no fun zone" where anything even remotely edgy or controversial is not allowed.

People will sometimes have different interpretations of the same event, even among moderators. Heaven knows my wife and I have different interpretations often enough when I tease her. It's a shades of gray area, and we do our best to manage this community in a way that maintains some semblance of order without stifling the voices and personalities of those who participate in these conversations...which is one reason why I'm attempting to use this as a teaching moment instead of just purging the conversation and infracting a handful of posters who are clearly invested in this community.

Bottom line: It's not on you as users to dictate what is considered trolling and what isn't, and it certainly isn't your place to pass public judgment on another user. If you have questions or concerns about someone's behavior, report the content in question or send a PM to a moderator. If we have to go through this again, I'm going to skip the explanation phase and move right into the purge/infract stage.
Are there any plans to address the ‘hidden threads’ phenomenon when an ignored user starts a thread? Until then, the ignore feature has limited value.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
“Heaven knows my wife and I have different interpretations often enough when I tease her. It's a shades of gray area, “

I know someone’s favorite movie!!!!!

Just teasing :laugh::laugh:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Are there any plans to address the ‘hidden threads’ phenomenon when an ignored user starts a thread? Until then, the ignore feature has limited value.
At the very bottom of the forum page near the "Start New Thread" icon there should be a "Show Ignored Content" link that you can click. This will reveal all the threads created by any users you may have on ignore. It is undone (all the threads are re-hidden) when you refresh the forum page.

After entering a previously ignored thread, users on ignore will still have their posts be invisible to you within those threads unless you once again click the "Show Ignored Content" link within the thread itself (located just above the reply box at the bottom of the page towards the right hand side of the screen). This is also undone once you refresh the thread.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad