Last Man In Vote: Send DP57 to the All Star Game

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I have never voted for any of these fan votes for any sport. I have voted every day but it will most likely be the biggest name in each division, I would guess the mojority of people voting in this is kids (A lot of them) and Die hards (Not so much).

My guess it will be these

Toronto Maple Leafs: Mitch Marner (F) - Big name big fan base
Chicago Blackhawks: Jonathan Toews (F) - Big name big fan base
Philadelphia Flyers: Claude Giroux (F) - Big name big fan base
Calgary Flames: Johnny Gaudreau (F) - Big name big fan base
One thing we have going for us is that a lot of Hawks fans have checked out already. The casual fans brought in from the Cup runs have started to disappear since they haven't won a playoff round since 2015, got swept in 2017 and missed the playoffs for 2 straight years. Every single successful franchise has a good number of fans that are only there because that team is winning and it has been long enough since the Hawks were winning that those fans are gone. Additionally, more invested fans who still care about the Hawks are less engaged than in years past. They might still be watching most the games, but they are less likely to be paying enough attention to vote for all star ballots every day. Finally, there is a larger-than-ever percentage of their die hard fan base that has started to resent the Toews contract. Fair or not, fans in a cap world tie their emotions about a player to his contract and a guy on pace for 60 points gets a lot less love from fans when he makes $10.5M instead of $5M. All of that combined means that the Chicago market isn't coming out in droves to stuff the ballot box for Toews. On top of that, he has had a reputation as overrated by a lot of fans around the NHL ever since he got that contract. Canadian fans still love him, but I don't think a ton of US fans outside the Hawks fanbase are eager to see him in another all star game.

He might still win the vote because even with all of those factors Chicago is just a very large market and his name is still gold in Canada. But there are enough factors that I think he is less likely to get in than Perron or Makar.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
One thing we have going for us is that a lot of Hawks fans have checked out already. The casual fans brought in from the Cup runs have started to disappear since they haven't won a playoff round since 2015, got swept in 2017 and missed the playoffs for 2 straight years. Every single successful franchise has a good number of fans that are only there because that team is winning and it has been long enough since the Hawks were winning that those fans are gone. Additionally, more invested fans who still care about the Hawks are less engaged than in years past. They might still be watching most the games, but they are less likely to be paying enough attention to vote for all star ballots every day. Finally, there is a larger-than-ever percentage of their die hard fan base that has started to resent the Toews contract. Fair or not, fans in a cap world tie their emotions about a player to his contract and a guy on pace for 60 points gets a lot less love from fans when he makes $10.5M instead of $5M. All of that combined means that the Chicago market isn't coming out in droves to stuff the ballot box for Toews. On top of that, he has had a reputation as overrated by a lot of fans around the NHL ever since he got that contract. Canadian fans still love him, but I don't think a ton of US fans outside the Hawks fanbase are eager to see him in another all star game.

He might still win the vote because even with all of those factors Chicago is just a very large market and his name is still gold in Canada. But there are enough factors that I think he is less likely to get in than Perron or Makar.
The love Makar gets on social media, and I am going to stereotype here, is insane with teenage girls. Don't underestimate them and their voting prowess.

I honestly will be surprised if Makar does not win.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The voting ends today at Midnight EST so the point is moot, but it would have been nice to see vote tallies over the last few days to see how Frenchie was doing. He got the max votes from me (and I'm sure many other here) so I hope it was enough.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I have a 15 minute window between my voting window re-opening and the vote officially closing. I set an alarm to make sure I can get my final 10 votes in.

Reactions: Bluenatic

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Damn...just saw Makar tie up a game with seconds left. The kid is a solid contenter. I still hope DP wins it, but I'm afraid the media push is for Makar.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bluenatic

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The love Makar gets on social media, and I am going to stereotype here, is insane with teenage girls. Don't underestimate them and their voting prowess.

I honestly will be surprised if Makar does not win.
I dont mind being wrong lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad