NFL: Las Vegas Raiders in 2019

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Davis will get the money somehow, yea it looks bad he screwed Adelson (who is one of Goldman Sachs biggest customers) but theres plenty of investors out there.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Davis will get the money somehow, .

The-Robbery-the-joker-2364727-500-348.jpg

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
NFL is ridiculous. Make the chargers go back to SD and put the raiders in LA. If Dean doesn't want that, then off to san antonio.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm pretty surprised the NFL hasn't tried to step into the Vancouver market

Off-topic, but man there's a lot of people in that city now.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
What a mess.

I don't see the Raiders ending up in San Diego. If they city and Spanos couldn't come to an agreement, it will be a taller task with Davis.

But the league and the Raiders can make this work then send the Raiders there and arrange and franchise swap between Davis and Spanos and right the wrongs.

mmbt

Cheeky Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
California
Visit site
Huh? 49ers are much more popular than the Raiders. Even more than the Giants over the A's.

In the Bay Area perhaps. But not in California overall, not even close. Even in the Bay, depends on where. I see a pretty even split in the North and East bays.

Davis will be stranded in Oakland.

Either LV will happen, or Oakland comes up with a real proposal, or he moves to share with the 9ers. No way they stick around for another 20 years in that current dump.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
What a mess.

I don't see the Raiders ending up in San Diego. If they city and Spanos couldn't come to an agreement, it will be a taller task with Davis.

But the league and the Raiders can make this work then send the Raiders there and arrange and franchise swap between Davis and Spanos and right the wrongs.

In the Bay Area perhaps. But not in California overall, not even close. Even in the Bay, depends on where. I see a pretty even split in the North and East bays.

Either LV will happen, or Oakland comes up with a real proposal, or he moves to share with the 9ers. No way they stick around for another 20 years in that current dump.
Franchise Swap with dean. as mightygoose says.

San Antonio is also available.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Franchise Swap with dean. as mightygoose says.

San Antonio is also available.

Only shot they go there is if a stadium plan in his place. They wont want to play Alamodome for that long.

He doesn't have the money... His only asset is the team.

Mhm. He inherited them from his dad, its not like he made billions elsewhere then bought a team like Pegula. They have been his livelihood his entire life.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-acee-0201-story.html

San Diego a possibility for the Raiders? I think having three teams in Southern California would be dumb, but they have it for baseball.

I think Davis would much rather get something done to stay in Oakland.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Only shot they go there is if a stadium plan in his place. They wont want to play Alamodome for that long.

Mhm. He inherited them from his dad, its not like he made billions elsewhere then bought a team like Pegula. They have been his livelihood his entire life.

I think Davis would much rather get something done to stay in Oakland.

He should've done the franchise swap with Kroenke when that was an option.
Agreed. But I think San Antonio would rush to get a new stadium deal passed if it came down to that.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Why would anyone willingly give up the Raiders brand for the ****ing Chargers?

It would've been the Rams. But Kroenke would've have gotten to build his LA stadium anyway and Davis could have worked with St. Louis for stadium. And I'm sure he would have gotten the difference in value between the franchises instead of a straight swap.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It would've been the Rams. But Kroenke would've have gotten to build his LA stadium anyway and Davis could have worked with St. Louis for stadium. And I'm sure he would have gotten the difference in value between the franchises instead of a straight swap.

Davis obviously isn't interested in STL, otherwise he would have talked to them already. LV or San Antonio seem to be where he wants to put the team if they leave Oakland.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

Again, who in their right mind would agree to that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad