NFL: Las Vegas Raiders in 2019

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't have a link, but I saw on my cellphone via the ESPN app that the Oakland Raiders are looking in Las Vegas potential sites for new stadium locations. I just have to post this, I cannot resist:

We're ready. Vegas would be great for the Raiders.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I mean....if there was ever going to be a professional sports franchise in Las Vegas, I would think it would be the Raiders.

Hope they stay though for their fans sake.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Homer: Who do you like in the afternoon games?
Lisa: Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat.
Commentator: (later) And in extremely suspicious play, the Raiders win!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The new arena going in is paid for with mostly private money, would be interesting to see f the State/city would give $$$ for the sake of an NFL stadium/team.

There would be no shortage of investors tho starting with Jerry Bruckheimer and ending with Dan Blizerian.

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
Found a possible Raiders/UNLV stadium site:

unlvstadium_3_zpsmv3hfx4y.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seriously doubt the NFL lets that happen. Gotta keep that squeaky clean rep clean. :laugh:

Also, you better be building a dome over that stadium if you do end up in Vegas.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Homer: Who do you like in the afternoon games?
Lisa: Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat.
Commentator: (later) And in extremely suspicious play, the Raiders win!

And that the wandering Oakland Raiders may someday find a home. Lord, hear our prayer. Can I get an Amen!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
In the past week, we've heard inklings of the Raiders moving to San Diego, San Antonio, and now Vegas. Before it's all said and done, I'm sure we'll hear ideas for the London Raiders and the Toronto Raiders and the St. Louis Raiders and the Virginia Beach Raiders and the Birmingham Raiders and the Albuquerque Raiders and the Portland Raiders and the Utah Raiders and the Mexico City Raiders and so on, and so forth.

Maybe they are really interested, or maybe they're just fishing around for the best stadium deal and floating each remotely possible proposal to put pressure on everyone else.

Captain Mittens*

Please please please please please please let it happen

#noraidersinLA

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The Raiders will be in LA before they head to Vegas. I wouldn't be surprised if AEG gets back in the game to get Farmers Field going with the help of the Raiders.

Captain Mittens*

The Raiders will be in LA before they head to Vegas. I wouldn't be surprised if AEG gets back in the game to get Farmers Field going with the help of the Raiders.

I'll bet you that it doesn't happen

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Please please please please please please let it happen

#noraidersinLA

I'll bet you that it doesn't happen

Now all of a sudden you're 100% positive the Raiders won't be in LA because of what I posted? :laugh:

Farmers Field is dead. Period.

No new building is 100% guarantee until the shovels are in the ground. Right now the new stadium deal could be challenged by LAX and that alone could at least delay the process enough for another location to be looked at.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Now all of a sudden you're 100% positive the Raiders won't be in LA because of what I posted? :laugh:

No new building is 100% guarantee until the shovels are in the ground. Right now the new stadium deal could be challenged by LAX and that alone could at least delay the process enough for another location to be looked at.

LAX isn't challenging it. The reason the stadium isn't getting finished until 2019 is because of all the prep work that needs to be done clearing out Hollywood Park and getting it ready for the stadium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->