Las Vegas AHL affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
And exactly what league would they be changing to?

ECHL -> AHL, but again, they seem to be likely to stay in the ECHL. I don't see KC being the 31st team in 2018, but it likely will be a Midwestern city (which means it would probably replace a team in another league).

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
According to the AHL transaction page Reid Duke has been added to Chicago's roster. Does that mean the AHL affiliate is offically going to be the Wolves or are the Knights looking for a place for Raoul to finish out this season with some pro experience?

Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
ECHL -> AHL, but again, they seem to be likely to stay in the ECHL. I don't see KC being the 31st team in 2018, but it likely will be a Midwestern city (which means it would probably replace a team in another league).

And where is this franchise going to come from? The one that missouri will be moving to the ahl. And also who's going to own this franchise?

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Yes but as a part of that deal another team is moving.

Although the rumored AHL team was headed to the Sprint Center & the Mavs play in Independence. The Sprint Center doesn't seem to be too interested in having a minor pro tenant, however. Only way the Mavs move is if Lamar Hunt Jr. wants to change leagues.

And exactly what league would they be changing to?

And where is this franchise going to come from? The one that missouri will be moving to the ahl. And also who's going to own this franchise?

Axe - Why does everyone think teams can appear out of nowhere and move up and down leagues?

There are currently 30 AHL franchises. All are owned. As of now, no one is moving except those that have already been identified as moving (Laval and Belleville).

I am not even sure if the AHL has announced the approval of a 31st franchise.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Axe - Why does everyone think teams can appear out of nowhere and move up and down leagues?

There are currently 30 AHL franchises. All are owned. As of now, no one is moving except those that have already been identified as moving (Laval and Belleville).

I am not even sure if the AHL has announced the approval of a 31st franchise.

Its been approved at the last bog meeting at as break. Why???? Because there are a bunch of people out there who are like the typical chi b hawk fan....very casual and either believe all the bs that is said or think they know more than the next person. Common sense isnt as common as it used to be tommy...

With that being said I stand on my multiple post in this thread ad on this topic and add this little tidbit of a rumor i just uncovered earlier...apparently there is a rumor out there that the owners of the SA Rampage( SA Spurs Inc. i believe its called) are less than thrilled with their current agreement with the Avs...rumor is that maybe Blues and Avs partner in SA next year then Colorado purchases 31st franchise and moves it to Colorado for 18-19 thus leaving St. Louis to take over San Antonio and Vegas to go with Chicago next year...like I've said all along.

BTW ran into a buddy of yours at the game last weekend...he gave me his email and said get in touch...said he had breakfast/lunch with you recently when I asked if hed talked to you lately...in his email I'm having trouble with reading the whole address...my question is..that is the letter P between his first and last names correct?

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Its been approved at the last bog meeting at as break. Why???? Because there are a bunch of people out there who are like the typical chi b hawk fan....very casual and either believe all the bs that is said or think they know more than the next person. Common sense isnt as common as it used to be tommy...

With that being said I stand on my multiple post in this thread ad on this topic and add this little tidbit of a rumor i just uncovered earlier...apparently there is a rumor out there that the owners of the SA Rampage( SA Spurs Inc. i believe its called) are less than thrilled with their current agreement with the Avs...rumor is that maybe Blues and Avs partner in SA next year then Colorado purchases 31st franchise and moves it to Colorado for 18-19 thus leaving St. Louis to take over San Antonio and Vegas to go with Chicago next year...like I've said all along.

BTW ran into a buddy of yours at the game last weekend...he gave me his email and said get in touch...said he had breakfast/lunch with you recently when I asked if hed talked to you lately...in his email I'm having trouble with reading the whole address...my question is..that is the letter P between his first and last names correct?

yes it is.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

Coming from an Eagles fan, I'm inclined to believe this due to a few factors:

Colorado updated their Jumbotron this year

Next year updating the club seat area

Year after that updating all seats to cushioned seating

Next year will be 15th season for the Eagles (I know this means a lot to the current owner, and is a milestone they probably would like to hit).

Took out the bleachers at the end of the stadium to make a beer garden (Opportunity to possibly add on to the end of the building at some point - this is a stretch).

On top of all that, I just get the feeling that something is up when I talk to some of the guys in the front office. It's the same kind of feeling there was when they knew they were leaving for the ECHL, but weren't saying anything.

These are all just guesses and speculation, but this sounds like the most reasonable theory to me.

Edit: I'm focusing on the Eagles because there really is no other viable place that would work for the AHL in Colorado.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
And it is entirely possible that the current Eagles owner will either own or be involved in the AHL if it goes to Colorado, perhaps in an arrangement like in Utica or St. John's.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
And it is entirely possible that the current Eagles owner will either own or be involved in the AHL if it goes to Colorado, perhaps in an arrangement like in Utica or St. John's.

Absolutely and to be honest...with the storied history the Eagles have had in that town and in the community, I think that it would only be right that the current owner be involved in some way.

aparch

Apr 3, 2008
...add this little tidbit of a rumor i just uncovered earlier...apparently there is a rumor out there that the owners of the SA Rampage...

Yep, I heard that one too. A while ago. I do know Colorado has been kicking the tires of various other AHL franchises to partner with, and the partnering with the Rampage was just a marriage of convenience anyway after the most recent round of musical affiliations.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Yep, I heard that one too. A while ago. I do know Colorado has been kicking the tires of various other AHL franchises to partner with, and the partnering with the Rampage was just a marriage of convenience anyway after the most recent round of musical affiliations.

Yeah and like I said, my scenario makes total sense because as was said...the Avs are still trying to get their **** together and need to buy some time to do that and get in position to buy the 31st franchise. The logical landing place is where the echl eagles already play. St. Louis is going to be looking to place their players someplace where they can get them up and down easily and will want to stay in the midwest/ central time zone.This makes San Antonio a good fit...thus the shared affiliation for 17-18.
I can tell you 100% that the Chicago Wolves are the new AHL affiliate of the Vegas Golden Knights. it will be announced as soon as the Wolves playoff run is done. The person who told me this is about as impeachable as can be...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Coming from an Eagles fan, I'm inclined to believe this due to a few factors:

Colorado updated their Jumbotron this year

Next year updating the club seat area

Year after that updating all seats to cushioned seating

Next year will be 15th season for the Eagles (I know this means a lot to the current owner, and is a milestone they probably would like to hit).

Took out the bleachers at the end of the stadium to make a beer garden (Opportunity to possibly add on to the end of the building at some point - this is a stretch).

On top of all that, I just get the feeling that something is up when I talk to some of the guys in the front office. It's the same kind of feeling there was when they knew they were leaving for the ECHL, but weren't saying anything.

These are all just guesses and speculation, but this sounds like the most reasonable theory to me.

Edit: I'm focusing on the Eagles because there really is no other viable place that would work for the AHL in Colorado.

Peter Holt's corporation is known as Spurs Sports/Entertainment, but there were always rumors that the Wolves ownership(Levin) was considering moving up a level.....

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Absolutely and to be honest...with the storied history the Eagles have had in that town and in the community, I think that it would only be right that the current owner be involved in some way.

Now THAT makes even more sense. It would also be huge in helping the fan base transition to the next level. Eagles owner Martin Lind continues to build homes and businesses in the area and has a lot of big projects coming up that continue the growth in Northern Colorado. A situation like Utica's would be the ideal way for this to work out, especially since I don't think Avs tight-fisted owner Stan Kronke really wants to own an AHL team. He can't run the NHL team he does have now. Let the Eagles continue to be successful in the off-ice operations and the Avs can run the players and coaches side of it.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Now THAT makes even more sense. It would also be huge in helping the fan base transition to the next level. Eagles owner Martin Lind continues to build homes and businesses in the area and has a lot of big projects coming up that continue the growth in Northern Colorado. A situation like Utica's would be the ideal way for this to work out, especially since I don't think Avs tight-fisted owner Stan Kronke really wants to own an AHL team. He can't run the NHL team he does have now. Let the Eagles continue to be successful in the off-ice operations and the Avs can run the players and coaches side of it.

Makes perfect sense to me....which is why we will never see it happen....Makes too much sense and we know the NHL and AHL never does anything that makes sense.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

uh, I don't believe Kroenke owns the Avalanche, now that he has full control of the Rams.....believe when he bought the Rams, the family or his sons took over the Avalanche....

on another front, I don't see any more dual affiliations after what the AHL threatened to do w/ the Oilers dormant franchise, after the 5 way debacle of a few years ago, so the rumor of the Blues and Colorado or Vegas splitting an existing club may no longer be feasible, because Vegas needs two affiliates, not just an AHL Affiliate.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
uh, I don't believe Kroenke owns the Avalanche, now that he has full control of the Rams.....believe when he bought the Rams, the family or his sons took over the Avalanche....

on another front, I don't see any more dual affiliations after what the AHL threatened to do w/ the Oilers dormant franchise, after the 5 way debacle of a few years ago, so the rumor of the Blues and Colorado or Vegas splitting an existing club may no longer be feasible, because Vegas needs two affiliates, not just an AHL Affiliate.

There was a rule that you could not own an NFL and other sports franchise or something so I remember he did sell it or gift it to his kids.
And unless something drastic happens within the next few months, there will be one dual affiliation next year.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

Ok yes his son "runs" the Avs (and the Nuggets). I should have said "tight fisted owner "blank" Kronke runs the Avs. But it doesn't change anything since the son's money comes from the father. Semantics.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
There was a rule that you could not own an NFL and other sports franchise or something so I remember he did sell it or gift it to his kids.
And unless something drastic happens within the next few months, there will be one dual affiliation next year.

The NFL rule is you can't own a team in another major pro sport that plays in a competing NFL market. The rule is actually seldom enforced.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
The NFL rule is you can't own a team in another major pro sport that plays in a competing NFL market. The rule is actually seldom enforced.

What exactly is the purpose for this rule anyway? Seems pretty stupid to me .

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ok, we're having the same discussion on a facebook page, is there any truth that the Blues might eventually place a team in Springfield, MO?, even if they land Hunt and the KC Mavs.

Vegas would go to Rosemont (I'll never, ever, call Levin's team a Chicago team).

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The only arena in Springfield, MO is a 2 sheet rec rink that hosts MO State's ACHA teams and youth hockey, so unless an arena is built no team is going to Springfield.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
ok, we're having the same discussion on a facebook page, is there any truth that the Blues might eventually place a team in Springfield, MO?, even if they land Hunt and the KC Mavs.

Vegas would go to Rosemont (I'll never, ever, call Levin's team a Chicago team).

And what franchise are they moving there? Do you really think that the AHL is going to just bow down and sell a franchise to the Blues after just a short few years ago they sold theirs and said they had no desire or interest in owning an AHL franchise????? Believe they will be last in line to buy another franchise.

And to be honest with regards to your comments on the Wolves...truthfully would rather you just dont talk about them at all. Heard from an old friend of yours recently said to say hi to you so....Hello from the meadowlands giants and jets oh and the anaheim angels said hi also

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
And what franchise are they moving there? Do you really think that the AHL is going to just bow down and sell a franchise to the Blues after just a short few years ago they sold theirs and said they had no desire or interest in owning an AHL franchise????? Believe they will be last in line to buy another franchise.

David Andrews himself said a 31st franchise was a possibility for next year, an expansion team, but mid-March was really the deadline for it happening, and if it were to pass, it would've been in the Midwestern U.S. and NOT been in the KC market.

I understand that came close to happening, but did not. It would've been an expansion franchise but NOT owned by an NHL team, and it aligned pretty close to Andrews' comments. It's likely the AHL will expand to 31 teams in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad