Las Vegas AHL affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Why ? And it doesn't seem to be false.

So, any potential AHL team ?

Because Utah had an opportunity to join the AHL years ago and cited cost as a reason why they didn't...can't imagine that the cost have gone down any.

IF and when they announce vegas as a new team( I truly think they will...500 million is hard to pass up for owners), then I think any affiliate will be either very regional or somewhere in the midwest. I think any of the eastern cities that have lost teams have to be considered, but who knows.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Because Utah had an opportunity to join the AHL years ago and cited cost as a reason why they didn't...can't imagine that the cost have gone down any.

IF and when they announce vegas as a new team( I truly think they will...500 million is hard to pass up for owners), then I think any affiliate will be either very regional or somewhere in the midwest. I think any of the eastern cities that have lost teams have to be considered, but who knows.

Yea, for Utah I checked it up and they signed with Anaheim for 2 years (2016-18). So don't see them going to the AHL.

I still think that Reno will be considered. They have a year to make it happen. Reno Events Center could be used for AHL team.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I don't think it will happen period. If for whatever demented reason it does I'll be the first to laugh when it is an epic fail in the night too distant future and either folds or relocates.

JungleJON

May 10, 2011
The AHL seems be looking at places with larger arenas, so doubt if Idaho would get the nod. Utah could be a choice and who knows if it won't be another city in Calif. (Fresno).

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Adding Idaho and Abbotsford (Vancouver) could be what's next for the AHL.

Abbotsford has as much chance as you do of being the conn smythe winner this year. When will people get it out of their head and get it into their heads that the city of Abbotsford kicked the flames out?? Told them to leave that they were done with them??? They have gone on record and said that they will not host another professional hockey team in their town.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The AHL seems be looking at places with larger arenas, so doubt if Idaho would get the nod. Utah could be a choice and who knows if it won't be another city in Calif. (Fresno).

:dunno:

6-8K seems to be the preferred size.

Yes, Fresno is empty (no pro team) on either FSU or Selland ice. About 5 hours of ground travel to LV (hard, often boring/featureless, desert driving; lots of empty "50 mph" miles and a few mountain curves).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
"Announcement Expected" - regarding an NHL team in Las Vegas is a statement that hasn't been linked to any reliable source in any actual legitimate media outlet.

So the fact that the BOG WILL meet on 6/22 and a decision on expansion WILL be made and WILL be announced that day per NHL/Bettman means that neither the league nor the commissioner are legitimate media outlets?

Then where should I get my hockey news from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad