Larsson for the 3rd overall pick... Yes or no.

• Thread starter DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
  • Start date

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I'd only move Larsson unless a bonafide, legit top 6 forward is coming back this way, not for someone who has the potential to be a legit forward. Thats way too risky to move him for someone who has yet to play an NHL game. Those are the kinds of deals that usually send people to the back of the unemployment line. I'd think about dealing Larsson if someone like Eriksson, Vanek, Eberle, Kesler would come back. Even if something like that would happen, our defense next year would be horrifying. Gelinas and Urbom have a played a combined like 10 games. Salvador is near the end. Same with Zidlicky. We probably would have to go the UFA way just to patch up something for next year and knowing Lou's history, that would probably be a mess. Unless you want Volchenkov and Tallinder still around. Lol actually we'd probably be forced to keep them because the D would be ugly.

goon5516

Jan 5, 2011
Why not try to trade up from #9 to #3? Tampa needs defense and we have a pretty nice selection. Fayne urbom tallinder Merrill etc etc . What would it take ?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I just think you have a man crush on Drouin and would scrap our entire team to get him if possible

Me and about 95% of the hockey world but I guess you know more then everyone else.

B A T M A N

It's awkward how the guy with a Larsson avatar wants to move him. I guess when draft pictures of Drouin appear, that'll be his avy for the next 2 years.

apice3*

Nice dig with the "you know more than everyone else" comment though. I know you're a hypocrite, but that one is funny.

And I'll just leave this here:
Can't wait to see Volchenkov hit the **** out of Avery, Gaborik, Crosby, Malkin, etc... 6 times a year.

Come to think of it, he's getting paid 1.25M$ for then Salvador.... What a ****ing bargain.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

It's awkward how the guy with a Larsson avatar wants to move him. I guess when draft pictures of Drouin appear, that'll be his avy for the next 2 years.

Just like when I wanted to move Parise for Weber like 4 or 5 years ago, even if I just purchased a Parise jersey + a bunch of t-shirts of #9. I said before and I'll say it again... I care about the team and I don't give a lick about a certain player in particular.

Heck, I'd be "ok" moving Brodeur if it made the team better. I'm just not a fan of one specific player, so yeah, if moving Larsson will help the team... then so be it.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Nice dig with the "you know more than everyone else" comment though. I know you're a hypocrite, but that one is funny.

And I'll just leave this here:

I never said he was a good player, I said I wanted to watch him destroy certain players but he can't even do that anymore and back then, that was the only upside of that signing. That that skill away from the equation and you have a career ECHL'er who's earning 4.25M$ per.

I don't know what your point is/was in all honesty but that's ok, most of your posts are vague and arrogant anyways. I just have to look at the last post of the draft thread to see that you pissed off another member of our own board with your wicked wisdom and knowledge.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
If Dallas is willing to do this, I'd be all for it... just don't see them moving Eriksson. I was simply trying to get the vibe of our fanbase cause most of this board want to end talent but aren't willing to part ways with anything significant.

There's really not much out there but if Loui Eriksson is on the block, just like Yandle, I'd target both the Yotes and the Stars for a possible trade.

Okay...I don't know if Eriksson is available or not either or if Dallas would take that for him. However I was pointing out that #9 + can likely bring back a top fwd.

For what it's worth Eriksson is one of my favorite non devils and I'd love to see him here....I'd definitely move the pick, Gelinas, and Tedenby for him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the point is that our D is not as good as you make it out to be. its mediocre at best. no one knows if ANY of the prospects will amount to anything.

and I am not against trading Larsson. but I AM against trading him for a 17/18 year old with no experience.

MountainGoat

nah our D is old and slow, I think the 9th overall pick in a deep draft is good enough to help fix our offensive problems

apice3*

The defense is fine, but that can change with three players being UFA's within 12 months, one possibly being bought out, and no one knows what's going on with Fayne going forward.

Trading Larsson makes no sense.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Here's a good question I've been thinking about.

Would you trade Volchenkov for 2015s first round pick? Like Malakhov to the Sharks with our first round pick 2007 style?

I know we can buy him out for nothing, but it does save real dollars.

Personally I don't think getting rid of him is worth sending a first round pick away a year after we have to forfeit one.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I took Max Domi in my NHL13 BAGM. he turned out good, but his player picture creeps me out haha

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Okay...I don't know if Eriksson is available or not either or if Dallas would take that for him. However I was pointing out that #9 + can likely bring back a top fwd.

For what it's worth Eriksson is one of my favorite non devils and I'd love to see him here....I'd definitely move the pick, Gelinas, and Tedenby for him.

Well that's just me looking to see if our board would approve such a trade but I doubt Dallas is dumb enough to do it.

apice3*

Would you trade Volchenkov for 2015s first round pick? Like Malakhov to the Sharks with our first round pick 2007 style?

Personally I don't think getting rid of him is worth sending a first round pick away a year after we have to forfeit one.

No fan is going to condone trading a first round pick to save real dollars that we're not paying.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We aren't buying him out, Lou has too much of a ego to admit he gave a stupid contract to a player who can't keep up with bottom 6 forwards when coming down the wing and our owner doesn't have deep enough pockets to eat that salary for the next 3 years.

I would be really shocked if we bought him out, unfortunatly for me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No fan is going to condone trading a first round pick to save real dollars that we're not paying.

I was joking, but I thought of the Malakhov situation. He had only 1 year, and whatever was left of the 06-07 season I believe. He was also 35+. I don't remember what he was making either.

There's no way anyone would take Volchenkov though. There's a possibility you could try one of those ''Take back salary'' deals. He really does have to go though. He makes 05-06 McGillis look good. He comes pretty close to being as bad as Malakhov during 05-06, but at least Malakhov put up Volchenkov's average season point production in only 29 games.

apice3*

We aren't buying him out, Lou has too much of a ego to admit he gave a stupid contract to a player who can't keep up with bottom 6 forwards when coming down the wing and our owner doesn't have deep enough pockets to eat that salary for the next 3 years.

Can't wait to see Volchenkov hit the **** out of Avery, Gaborik, Crosby, Malkin, etc... 6 times a year.

Come to think of it, he's getting paid 1.25M$ for then Salvador.... What a ****ing bargain.

Just let it be known you thought it was a bargain at the time of the contract. Don't blame Lou when you agreed with him.

Call it a bad contract, don't call it a stupid contract. Big difference. One puts blame on the GM, one puts blame on the player.

Wade Redden, Scott Gomez, and Ilya Bryzgalov have stupid contracts. Anton Volchenkov, by your own comments, has a bad contract.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I would be really shocked if we bought him out, unfortunatly for me.

I think Lou would LOVE to buy him out. Lou would probably love to bury him AHL style like McGillis, but we aren't pressed up against the cap like we were that year. I think ultimately JVB has to make this call since it's his money.

I would really find it hard to believe that Lou wants him around. I think our coach has a much stronger liking for him.

apice3*

I was joking, but I thought of the Malakhov situation. He had only 1 year, and whatever was left of the 06-07 season I believe. He was also 35+. I don't remember what he was making either.

There's no way anyone would take Volchenkov though. There's a possibility you could try one of those ''Take back salary'' deals. He really does have to go though. He makes 05-06 McGillis look good. He comes pretty close to being as bad as Malakhov during 05-06, but at least Malakhov put up Volchenkov's average season point production in only 29 games.

The weird thing about Volchenkov is that he's been a +5 as a Devil.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Just let it be known you thought it was a bargain at the time of the contract. Don't blame Lou when you agreed with him.

Call it a bad contract, don't call it a stupid contract. Big difference. One puts blame on the GM, one puts blame on the player.

Wade Redden, Scott Gomez, and Ilya Bryzgalov have stupid contracts. Anton Volchenkov, by your own comments, has a bad contract.

It was a bargain back then... when compared to Salvador, wich is what I said. Both he and Volchenkov were not players I wanted around and if there's someone that should know this, it's you, since you like to remind me that I talk about the same thing over and over and over again about having grenade handlers on our blueline and god knows that if there's been 2 grenade handlers I can't stand over the years, it was White, Salvador and the leader of that stud group... Anton Volchenkov.

I guess you'll take one post and turn it in your favour versus all the thousands of posts that say otherwise.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
In a perfect world I'd trade Larsson, Henrique, picks, prospects and others (D'ags, Tallinder) for the #2 AND #3 pick. Instant chemistry with Drouin and Mackinnon.

Is it really chemistry or is it two guys that are way too good for their leagues dominating together? I'm not sure we can mark them down for chemistry at the NHL level just yet.

I think it's a crazy idea. Larsson is the foundation of our future defensive corps. He is not being traded for a pick. Not even a top 5 pick.

All it does is lose a guy we have developed for two years, and replace him with a guy whose development clock is at zero. Lou refused to give up the 29th pick because he didn't want to do that, what makes you think he will do it in this situation?

I absolutely agree with this. Makes no sense for us to do this. We're essentially going backwards with a Larsson for MacKinnon/Drouin trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00