Lars Eller on the shutting down the Leafs’ stars [Mod Warning Post #311]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Love how Eller is talking trash lol. He's about as generic a hockey player can get, has one good year on a great team and thinks he's suddenly a judge of what is good and isn't good.

Tom Gulitti: What did the Caps do to keep the Leafs big guns mostly off the scoresheet until Matthews' late goal.

Lars Eller: "Nothing special, really. We're used to playing Crosby and Malkin. Everything kind of drops from there, so it's not that special. It's a good team like a lot of others. They'll probably be a playoff team, I think."

If what Eller said in that Q&A with Tom Gulitti after the game is talking trash he really needs to work on his trash talking and before you can say it, yes his fighting skills as well. I really don't get why this has blown up like it as. Are Leaf fans just ignoring what was actually said or are they really interpreting it as a shot at the Leafs which I just don't see here. What did he say that was really so bad? Is it the "They'll probably be a playoff team, I think" part that has Leaf fans so triggered?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hahaha oh my god this is a real quote. When's the "best pre October 15 stretch ever" banner going up? Before or after Matthews and Tavares get their numbers retired at today's home game? Ooh maybe they can borrow the Stanley Cup, Presidents Trophy, Hart, Richard, Art Ross and all the other awards from the HHOF and have Eller fly down to the ACC and apologetically hand them out to Leafs players while Drew Doughty claps and requests a trade to the Leafs at 50% cap hit. Leafs EARNED it bois

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

That is clearly not a real quote unless you can provide a source. You guys are f***ing hilariously desperate to validate your hatred of the Leafs though.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Hahaha oh my god this is a real quote. When's the "best pre October 15 stretch ever" banner going up? Before or after Matthews and Tavares get their numbers retired at today's home game? Ooh maybe they can borrow the Stanley Cup, Presidents Trophy, Hart, Richard, Art Ross and all the other awards from the HHOF and have Eller fly down to the ACC and apologetically hand them out to Leafs players while Drew Doughty claps and requests a trade to the Leafs at 50% cap hit. Leafs EARNED it bois

So let me get this straight. You criticise hf posters for disagreeing with an nhler that has played almost a decade and then you disagree and make fun of an nhler that has played almost a decade who said something in response to that nhler?

And laugh about it like you know more than him?

You’re laughing at yourself buddy

Reactions: 1967th Heaven

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan

It's not a real quote at all. Maybe next time try and do a little homework instead of writing a paragraph about a quote that never happened just so you can shit on a team a little bit more.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
No one hates a team that hasn't won anything. Annoyed? Yes. Hate? Lol.

Donald-Trumps-Hell-No-Reaction.gif

Thanks for the laugh man needed that. Also you should check who has the 2nd most cups in league history before saying they haven't won anything.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Care to elaborate on this?

I understand it's early into the season but I think they have lived up to exactly what was expected of their offence once JT was signed.

Scored multiple goals on a team that kept Winnipeg to 1 goal.
Leading the league for GF. Sure the Leafs have played more games, but in comparison, Pittsburgh would have to score 15 in the next 2 games to take over the lead. Winnipeg would need 19 in 1. Washington would need 10 in 1. Boston 8 in 1...
It's a week and a half into the season. Pens and caps have each lead the league in scoring multiple times and have been offensive powerhouses for 12 years. No one has scored more goals than Pittsburgh since the lockout. Toronto very well may lead the league in scoring but let's see them do it before showering them with accolades and comparing them to teams that are powerhouses year in year out.
Chris J0hnst0n‏Verified account @rep0rterchris 1h1 hours ago

Nazem Kadri not holding back on Lars Eller quote #leafs. Adds: "Lars should worry about his own team who isn't in a playoff spot, the haters come out when they see us sitting first place in the whole league"
This quote is even dumber than Lars' quote.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Right cause the Leafs sure could use a 7M 2nd pairing D right now. HF is supposed to be concerned with the Leafs cap remember?

HF isn't concerned about the Leafs cap situation. Shanahan and Dubas are. They still have an unsigned RFA who is holding out.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
It's a week and a half into the season. Pens and caps have each lead the league in scoring multiple times and have been offensive powerhouses for 12 years. No one has scored more goals than Pittsburgh since the lockout. Toronto very well may lead the league in scoring but let's see them do it before showering them with accolades and comparing them to teams that are powerhouses year in year out.

Holy f*** no Leaf fan is upset about them not being on Crosby/Malkin level or implying they won't win the cup. if anything, it comes off as Salty to imply that they are possibly not a playoff team after a loss when they made it the last two years and are off to another great start.

If anything, this thread has been nothing but other fans reacting to these non existent offended Leaf fans working themselves all up into a frenzy. Then Leaf fans come in to respond to some of the stupid shit being said (like the multiple people getting offended at a made up quote) and people assume they are mad about it when they are just laughing at all the people making a big deal out of nothing.

This whole thread should be nuked if there is any sort of respectability on here anymore.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Holy **** no Leaf fan is upset about them not being on Crosby/Malkin level or implying they won't win the cup. if anything, it comes off as Salty to imply that they are possibly not a playoff team after a loss when they made it the last two years and are off to another great start.

If anything, this thread has been nothing but other fans reacting to these non existent offended Leaf fans working themselves all up into a frenzy. Then Leaf fans come in to respond to some of the stupid **** being said (like the multiple people getting offended at a made up quote) and people assume they are mad about it when they are just laughing at all the people making a big deal out of nothing.

This whole thread should be nuked if there is any sort of respectability on here anymore.

Eller broke Kadri mentally

Reactions: dukeofjive

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham

Especially that it's a made up quote.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It is hilarious how often people react to B.S snippets off twitter instead of clicking readily available links to full quotes to see what was said.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Which Leaf fans are getting really hurt? Lol I’ve barely seen anything on this beyond this forum and the odd one off comment on the radio. No Leaf fan I know gives a ****, I haven’t even seen it brought up on our home board where the saltiness can reach epic levels.

Thanks for letting us know how we feel tho i guess?
I didn’t articulate my thoughts perfectly, I meant the leafs fans in here. Like when one says “I don’t understand how people are blah blah”; they’re usually not saying literally every person..
The first pages had a disproportionate amount of salty Leafs fans responding about the leafs beating Eller, and some referencing the Marchand attack lol. But I didn’t read all 15 pages at the time

And I should have said “any fans” because there are non leafs fans too... but the main point was I don’t understand how this thread made it past 2 pages, let alone 17 pages. This quote was so tame, and it was completely misunderstood by posters here. Eller was barely if at all shit talking, and his point still stands

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Spade

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Chris J0hnst0n‏Verified account @rep0rterchris 1h1 hours ago

Nazem Kadri not holding back on Lars Eller quote #leafs. Adds: "Lars should worry about his own team who isn't in a playoff spot, the haters come out when they see us sitting first place in the whole league"

How is this troll post still up? It's a fake quote. The actual quote:

Nazem Kadri says this Lars Eller quote is "bulletin board material" for the #leafs. Adds: "I don't know how he can be serious with that comment."

Amazing how many people are falling for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad