Confirmed with Link: Landeskog suspended 3 games

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Just so stupid. Up 3-0 in the third period with like 6 minutes to go and he did something so reckless and could end up costing us a playoff spot. You don't expect that **** from your captain and he's starting to get rep as a dirty player.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like I said in the other thread, he deserves it. He's probably lucky Despres wasn't injured because the NHL likes to take that into consideration as well, even if they don't admit it.

I doubt we see Rantanen.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
3 games seems like a bit much, but he has to learn to control himself. Too many borderline hits and, honestly, clear acts of aggression. Those aren't hockey plays, he is losing it for a moment and going for the injury.

I hope he comes back a bit changed from this. Need the physical, FOCUSED Landy, not the viking looking to burn down villages.

Not expecting Rantanen at all. Martinsen likely goes on that 3rd line.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
For what it's worth, I think Landy has been the best player on the team for a while now, so this will hurt badly. He's been a monster on the forecheck, backcheck, and penalty kill.

If the Avs do bring up anyone, it's probably Everberg, but they'll probably role with what they have.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I guessed 2-3, seems about what they would rule.

I don't think they'd bring Rantanen up for a short stay but this is an uncommon situation. Does this count as an emergency recall if they do choose to make one. I don't think they'd want to go on the road with no extra forwards. My guess is they just choose Everberg or something.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If the NHL called everything, 3 games is what he deserves mainly because he is a repeat offender.

But since the NHL sucks at their suspensions, and have zero consistency, I don't like it.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I just think it's ridiculous that a team that's apparently all in on making the playoffs wouldn't call up their best prospect when there's an opening for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dubi got a 1 game suspension for hitting Crosby in the head and breaking his stick on his back after Crosby was laying on the ice. Landy gets 3. Absolutely no consistency there.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hopefully he'll learn from it. If it's a suspension for just playing hard hockey and ending up wrong it's one thing but this was not a necessary play. Next time he'll get 5 games. This is a shot across the bow.

I think part of the problem with Landeskog is that he is one of the few really physical players on the team and it seems he feels the need to set the tone and sometimes overdo it. He needs to learn that just playing as he should is enough.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
im guessing skills comes back into the lineup and thats it unfortunately.

landy deserved this one. was a very ugly play

edit: dammit paz!!! i thought i was being real clever with this avy. you have now ruined it for me

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nice Landy. Now we lose you for three games in a crucial playoff race and you're a repeat offender for that careless hit.

How much you want to bet Nurse who plays for the media storm Oilers gets less for jumping a defenseless Polak and beating the crap out of him though?

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Dubi got a 1 game suspension for hitting Crosby in the head and breaking his stick on his back after Crosby was laying on the ice. Landy gets 3. Absolutely no consistency there.

Landeskog is a repeat offender and is getting a reputation for this stuff.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Nice Landy. Now we lose you for three games in a crucial playoff race and you're a repeat offender for that careless hit.

How much you want to bet Nurse who plays for the media storm Oilers gets less for jumping a defenseless Polak and beating the crap out of him though?

Nurse was already given three before this.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Hate to say it but this is as deserved as it gets. Just a stupid, stupid play by Landy. I was thinking 1-2, but with a suspension already this season it is not surprising that they tacked a game on.

I just think it's ridiculous that a team that's apparently all in on making the playoffs wouldn't call up their best prospect when there's an opening for him.

THIS! Please do this. I doubt he ever goes back to San Antonio if he gets called up.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002

Nurse received 3 games as well.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
THIS! Please do this. I doubt he ever goes back to San Antonio if he gets called up.
But that's the issue. The Avs clearly do not want to burn the first year of that ELC. Otherwise, he would have been up here a long time ago.

You can't just call up your top prospect, tell him he's only getting three games, and no matter what happens, send him back. The Avs have already made their decision at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad