Confirmed with Link: Landeskog is BACK

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Full NMC for the first 4 years is fine. Landy wasn't going anywhere in four years anyway.

Not so coincidentally though, four years is when Mikko's deal is up.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'll be livid if we don't re-sign Grubauer but gave Landeskog $7 M.

Have you seen the goalie market? It's pretty bad unless you make a trade. We have a proven #1 goalie, re-sign the friggin guy, Landeskog's offense can always be replaced.

Avs would have been down three wingers. There were practically not enough forwards left on the market to replace what Avs would have lost.

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Joe did everything right here. Threw everything he could at Landy to try and make him sign a more team friendly deal. Ultimately Joe recognized that he had no choice but to give in at the end, but still a fair deal nonetheless.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Joe did everything right here. Threw everything he could at Landy to try and make him sign a more team friendly deal. Ultimately Joe recognized that he had no choice but to give in at the end, but still a fair deal nonetheless.

I think this is a decent value contract. On the open market Landy would make at least 8 million AAV, but with one year less.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mate, what's the rumours with the Gibson cost? I haven't paid too much attention to what they wanted from the Canes?
I don’t really know what the pieces would be. I’d guess a 1st and A prospect would get it done. Maybe less.

Reactions: S E P H

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Now we can really start crunching numbers...

11F, 6D, 1G signed

Landy - Mack - Mikko
???? - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nuke - ???? - Newhook
JTC - Maltsev - O'Connor
Sherwood

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Byram - ????
MacDummy

???
Francouz

So 10.8M in space. We need a Starting Goalie(Sounds like Joe isn't going to spend more then 5M on a starter whether that ends up being Gruby or Kuemper or Andersen). We need a 3C, we need a 3RD, and we need a 2LW. The 3RD should cost 1M or less. If Jost is the 3C that's ~2M.

That will leave us with ~3M to spend on a Top 6 Winger.

If Joe really pays up for a guy with 50% retention, we could still add a really good Top 6 forward.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Glad that the out of town insiders got wrong again telling us there’s no way Landy sign under 8M$. Now they’re saying it will look bad in few years which most of Avs fans agreed. Everything to save their faces right ? :laugh:

Reactions: Mordoch
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So is Sakic still terrible and has handled this in the worst way possible?

Im still not happy with Landy’s agent, feel like their obvious leaks to the media probably ended up dragging this out a bit more. Would not be surprised if Landy made a call on staying with the Avs rather than his agents preference for him to hit the market.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Now we can really start crunching numbers...

11F, 6D, 1G signed

Landy - Mack - Mikko
???? - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nuke - ???? - Newhook
JTC - Maltsev - O'Connor
Sherwood

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Byram - ????
MacDummy

???
Francouz

So 10.8M in space. We need a Starting Goalie(Sounds like Joe isn't going to spend more then 5M on a starter whether that ends up being Gruby or Kuemper or Andersen). We need a 3C, we need a 3RD, and we need a 2LW. The 3RD should cost 1M or less. If Jost is the 3C that's ~2M.

That will leave us with ~3M to spend on a Top 6 Winger.

If Joe really pays up for a guy with 50% retention, we could still add a really good Top 6 forward.

If Newhook is on the team next year (which I think he should be), he'll be in the top6. Putting him on the 3rd line with Nuke and like Jost is setting him up for failure.

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad