GDT: Lamentably, it is yet another Washington Capitals Gameday (8:30 PM in Calgary)

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
That is such a horrid challenge. Lost our timeout, still gave up a goal, and now to the PK. Not worth it.
Situationally, that was neither the right time nor the correct event to challenge. Team is up 3-nil. And there's what, 30 minutes left in the match. Maybe if the goal would've given the opponent a 2-goal lead halfway through the third, then you challenge. Or if Chuckie had done an "I've been shot" sprawl to make the interference more obvious.

At least their lead is back to 3.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
This current PP looks like earlier in the season. Like they forgot all the good things they've been doing on the PP recently.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

That was a horrible call. Askarov reacted like nothing happened other than the Caps got the apparent game winner past him. Dowd was outside the crease, while this Flames player swooped his skate backwards in the crease and knocked Lindgren's stick. 100% interference on the Flames player.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
That was a horrible call. Askarov reacted like nothing happened other than the Caps got the apparent game winner past him. Dowd was outside the crease, while this Flames player swooped his skate backwards in the crease and knocked Lindgren's stick. 100% interference on the Flames player.
I feel like we've been on the wrong end of questionable calls all year.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad