GDT: Lamentably, it is yet another Washington Capitals Gameday (8:30 PM in Calgary)

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
TOR is just about cemented in the A3 position, tough to catch 2nd or be caught by WC1
So their motivation could be a factor since their position is clear, President Trophy Syndrome except they're destined for 3rd v 1OA
it'll be interesting to see how they strateg-er-ize their stretch, resting players e.g etc. i.e. (except before C)

Reactions: Neil Racki

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Murray may be every other goalie's kryptonite, but you have to give him at least a little credit for Chuckie. Dude was a career AHLer before. Whatever Murray's selling, it works for Lindgren.
Strongly disagree. Grubauer played well under Murray, but he also played well in Colorado and in spurts with the Kraken. Lindgren started in Montreal but at the time there was Price, then Allen, then Montembeault and Primeau ahead of him. With the Blues he was behind Binnington and Hofer, despite going on a 5-0 stint with ridiculously great numbers because the other Blues goalies were injured. He signed with the Caps to be the backup and now he's getting his chance to be a #1, which he's running with it right now. I hope he makes a hard decision for the Caps to offload Kuemper to another team(I think it will take 50% retained salary to do it).

My point is that Grubauer/Lindgren are goalies who can adapt to different goalie coaches. Before Kuemper signed with us, he was that type of goalie as well. But so far, Scott Murray is 0 for 2 on veteran goalies(Holtby, Kuemper), and he failed with Samsonov/Vanecek(I will back track a bit on Vanecek as he failed with the Devils too and will play for a bad Sharks team where it's suitable for them to tank).

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Leafs have the Flyers tonight so I'm guessing the Caps get Sammy tomorrow night.

Best case is Leafs beating the Flyers tonight so they're less hungry against the Caps.
Sammy just beat the Flyers recently, so it's possible he could start tonight. Woll beat us 4-1 earlier in the season stopping 37/38, so he might start against us again. At least that would be my best guess.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Looks like it didn’t happen that way. Sammy is playing, and started. Unless Woll got injured in pre-game warm-up?
Leafs are afraid to play Sammy against us because he's mentally fragile and they know the Caps will feast on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad