GDT: Lamentably, it is yet another Washington Capitals Gameday (8:30 PM in Calgary)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ovi score #20
Can anyone remember the last time someone not named Ovi lead the Caps in goals? Was it before his rookie year?

I looked it up. Ovi and Oshie tied in 2016/17, Ovi's worst full season. Other than that, Ovi lead the Caps in goals every single year since he came into the league. A handful of times he lead the 2nd place guy by 30 or more.

Right now he's 3 behind Strome.

Last edited:
Reactions: troyerlaw

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Can anyone remember the last time someone not named Ovi lead the Caps in goals? Was it before his rookie year?

I looked it up. Ovi and Oshie tied in 2015/16, Ovi's worst full season. Other than that, Ovi lead the Caps in goals every single year since he came into the league. A handful of times he lead the 2nd place guy by 30 or more.

Right now he's 3 behind Strome.
Lang in 04 I believe.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The flames Traded pretty much all their good players at the deadline. I’d be quite disappointed if we didn’t win this one.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Tonight's game is locked, and there's only one way in: twabby's 🔑🔑🔑

1. Extinguish all dump-ins from the neutral zone
2. Douse the opposition with point shots
3. Smother the forecheck by engaging in active wheels
4. Starve their top line of any scoring chances

5. Choke out Jakob Pelletier (literally .. hes an asshole)

6. Urinate on any loose pucks in our own zone (we would then own the puck until the refs get a replacement puck)

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Flames are 8 points out of playoff spot. But they have won 2 in a row and 6-4 in their last 10 and sport a .530 winning percentage (to our .553)so they aren’t a given win.

But as players, while you may be tired from the roadtrip, if you can’t get up for this game to moving into WC2 position then damn.

Caps in another close one: 3-2 good guys. OV with PPG and Miro with another snipe. And since Twabby is calling for point shots, JC74. Little old. Little new.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Flames are still a scrappy team, and Wolf has a bunch of hype. So this may be a tough one.

Need 2 pts given their schedule the rest of the week (and the inevitable post road-trip letdown).

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Flames getting zero points would also make it less likely for Pittsburgh to keep their 1st, Flames currently projected for the 12th pick with Pittsburgh at 10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad