GDT: Lame Day Thread: 29 Dec 2014 - Wild @ Jets - 7PM - FSN, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I disagree. I didnt think we played particularily well, IMO.
We beat a team on a fluke goal and were completely dominated by a team in the third period (doubled up on shots)that was missing their top 4 dmen and their best player(Kane).
Picture us playing a game without Suter/Scandella/Spurgeon/Brodin and Parise. Without Kuemper on this night being extremely hot we lose by a couple !

Happy for the win, having that little extra grit/physicality(suttter, Graovac ) sure helped.
Fluke goal?

Hustle, perfect pass and a bomb isn't a fluke!

Now Winnipeg ot winner the night before is a fluke goal.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nothing fluke at all in ripping one and getting a deflection on the way.

Fine, it's lucky, not fluky.

But I always say you create your own luck, so Scandella blasting one from the point led to it. Doesn't mean it's not legit if it's lucky.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I disagree. I didnt think we played particularily well, IMO.
We beat a team on a fluke goal and were completely dominated by a team in the third period (doubled up on shots)that was missing their top 4 dmen and their best player(Kane).
Picture us playing a game without Suter/Scandella/Spurgeon/Brodin and Parise. Without Kuemper on this night being extremely hot we lose by a couple !

Happy for the win, having that little extra grit/physicality(suttter, Graovac ) sure helped.

We were also missing Zucker, granlund, and Brodin, Ballard

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Fluke goal?

Hustle, perfect pass and a bomb isn't a fluke!

Now Winnipeg ot winner the night before is a fluke goal.

The shot was 8 feet wide, hit Harrisons skate and went in--hey Ill take it but tio suggest we werent fortunate is wrong.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
We were also missing Zucker, granlund, and Brodin, Ballard

Be satisfied with win if you like. But my point stays we have alot of work to do before we are an upper echlon team. We are fighting for 8th..8th, do you thionk Leopold is satisfied..nope !

And again, missing Brodin/Suter/Spurge/Scandy...and Parise..just think we should have handled Winnipeg easier-credit to them for their depth and coaching really-missing top 4 deman and Kane, they still gave us all we could handle.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Be satisfied with win if you like. But my point stays we have alot of work to do before we are an upper echlon team. We are fighting for 8th..8th, do you thionk Leopold is satisfied..nope !

And again, missing Brodin/Suter/Spurge/Scandy...and Parise..just think we should have handled Winnipeg easier-credit to them for their depth and coaching really-missing top 4 deman and Kane, they still gave us all we could handle.
And we have suter who's still sick, spurg who hasn't been great after illness, and missing Brodin. Plus, our 1c and prolly most explosive forward at the moment. Not to mention a rookie 3c. It's not like we were super healthy either. And yeah we surely have a lot of work to do, but getting 3 points against them and playing a more structured game, and good goaltending is what we need to get on track. Gotta start somewhere.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
And we have suter who's still sick, spurg who hasn't been great after illness, and missing Brodin. Plus, our 1c and prolly most explosive forward at the moment. Not to mention a rookie 3c. It's not like we were super healthy either. And yeah we surely have a lot of work to do, but getting 3 points against them and playing a more structured game, and good goaltending is what we need to get on track. Gotta start somewhere.

I don't even know where to begin this post is so bad.

Haula isn't hurt he was scratched, Granlund has been FAR from "explosive" all year.

Lastly a win in the nhl is worth 2 pts. I guess i do like where your heads at..I'd like to see the 3 point system myself.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Haula isn't hurt he was scratched, Granlund has been FAR from "explosive" all year.

Lastly a win in the nhl is worth 2 pts. I guess i do like where your heads at..I'd like to see the 3 point system myself.

He's combining both games in the point total. Regardless, it's not like we've been healthy all year. Which was his/her point.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011

Unless I'm missing something explosive forward refers to Zucker and rookie 3c refers to Graovac...

And 3 points was from the OT loss and regulation win in our TWO games against Winnipeg.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014

Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad